Family Of Woman Thrown Into Freeway Seeks Justice

The family of the teen thrown from a moving car on the North Dallas Tollway is angry that the driver who tossed the woman into the busy roadway is still on the loose. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Noolie

Bellevue, TX

#1 Oct 6, 2008
I understand the family's pain but I see it as another case of blame the other guy. YES, the guy needs to be caught and punished because he could have killed her. But, on the other hand, what about getting in a car with someone you don't know? I think the family needs to look in their own home for some of the blame.
My daddy always told all of us girls, "if you don't put yourself in a situation to get hurt, you run a better chance of not getting hurt."
Hmmm

Little Elm, TX

#2 Oct 6, 2008
Ever hear of stranger danger? I find it hard to beiieve that someone driving that fast is able to reach over, open the door against the force of that speed and shove her out??? Maybe she opened the door herself because she was so drunk and is trying to blame this guy. Guess she can always go back to Octoberfest in Addison next year and see if he's there and if not get a ride home with another guy since this one didn't pan out. What an idiot.
god Is BS

Dallas, TX

#3 Oct 6, 2008
How about some justice against the family that let their little ho of a daughter got to Oktoberfest and so sloshed that she jumped into the first dudes car that offered her a ride. Hey family, consider yourselves lucky your little ho bag of a daughter got out of this as lucky as she did and take some responsibility of your own...freakin morons!!!!
god Is BS

Dallas, TX

#4 Oct 6, 2008
And the **** you see were meant to say h o bag by the way.
god Is BS

Dallas, TX

#5 Oct 6, 2008
Arse!!!! Ok how about this H O E bag....or something that rhymes with row instead since the nazi moderators dont wan the mean nasty words out here.
WWHD

Dallas, TX

#6 Oct 6, 2008
god Is BS wrote:
Arse!!!! Ok how about this H O E bag....or something that rhymes with row instead since the nazi moderators dont wan the mean nasty words out here.
Maybe you can come up with slang from another era, like over 100 years ago, and the moderators wouldn't have a clue what they are because they are too young to know.
WWHD

Dallas, TX

#7 Oct 6, 2008
How about being angry at their daughter for being an underage drunk and putting herself at risk?

The only good coming out of this is that, perhaps, some other dirty, nasty girl will think twice about getting in a stranger's car.
TONY

Plano, TX

#9 Oct 6, 2008
I understand that what that guy did was extremely wrong but you still have to only blame the girl for not using her common sense in knowing better than to accept a ride from strangers what applys for little kids common sense would tell you it still applies for everyone else especially women with all these wierdos running around.
TmE

Lewisville, TX

#10 Oct 7, 2008
We are you blaming the victim here? She did nothing illegal, just stupid which still does not make what he did okay. I do not understand why they cannot identify the auto. It was the tollway, don't they photo all of the automobiles? If he had a tolltag and used it can he not be identified that way?
Pretty Girl

United States

#11 Oct 7, 2008
She did nothing illegal you say. Well....let's start with under age drinking. Hitchhiking. She made herself the victim not the driver. She could have walked away. Oh...I'm sorry she was under age drinking, which clouded her judgement. Give me a break.
TmE wrote:
We are you blaming the victim here? She did nothing illegal, just stupid which still does not make what he did okay. I do not understand why they cannot identify the auto. It was the tollway, don't they photo all of the automobiles? If he had a tolltag and used it can he not be identified that way?
Robert

Grapevine, TX

#12 Oct 7, 2008
I'm having a really hard time beliveing that guy was able to reach across her, open the door, unfasten her seatbelt, and push her out all while driving the car. Try leaning over and opening your own car door while moving. I'll bet you get it no more than an inch or two.

I belive she jumped out on her own. It may have been to escape his advances, but it's not likely because he threw her out.
TmE

Addison, TX

#13 Oct 7, 2008
It STILL should not have happened. If we threw the people that did this kind of stuff in jail and kept them there instead of slapping them on the wrist we would not have to worry about our children, friends, etc. being assaulted or killed just by being stupid. She should not have been drinking but there is nothing illegal about accepting a ride. Hardly hitchhiking which still should not get you hurt.
Pretty Girl wrote:
She did nothing illegal you say. Well....let's start with under age drinking. Hitchhiking. She made herself the victim not the driver. She could have walked away. Oh...I'm sorry she was under age drinking, which clouded her judgement. Give me a break.
<quoted text>
Sam

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Oct 7, 2008
How did she get there to begin with? Did she come with someone else who got her sloshed, argued, and she left with this other guy to make them mad? She was old enough to know better than to get into a car with a stranger. And I agree, it is real hard to drive that fast, lean over her and open the door. She could have bitten him, smacked him or grabbed the steering wheel so I doubt he was stupid enough to do that. Sounds fishy to me.
FYI

Dallas, TX

#15 Oct 7, 2008
Sam wrote:
How did she get there to begin with? Did she come with someone else who got her sloshed, argued, and she left with this other guy to make them mad? She was old enough to know better than to get into a car with a stranger. And I agree, it is real hard to drive that fast, lean over her and open the door. She could have bitten him, smacked him or grabbed the steering wheel so I doubt he was stupid enough to do that. Sounds fishy to me.
You raise very good points. I agree that something is not quite right and she may be trying to victimize herself a bit more to avoid someone pointing out her obvious lack of decency and common sense.
Becca

Bryan, TX

#17 Oct 7, 2008
How about we concentrate on finding the guy, getting his side, and then letting the legal system assess any blame and/or punishment.

None of us here know what happened, what led up to it, or how she was either pushed or jumped from the car. We won't know until we find the guy.

For all we know she could have gone with a friend and then found her friend had been drinking and was trying to find a safe way home. ANYTHING is possible, we won't know what is factual more facts are gathered.
WWHD

Dallas, TX

#18 Oct 7, 2008
TmE wrote:
We are you blaming the victim here? She did nothing illegal, just stupid which still does not make what he did okay. I do not understand why they cannot identify the auto. It was the tollway, don't they photo all of the automobiles? If he had a tolltag and used it can he not be identified that way?
Underage drinking is legal? Public intoxication is legal?
Robert

Grapevine, TX

#19 Oct 7, 2008
Unfortunately, the story is written in a biased context. It assumes the woman is telling the truth and is in effect speaking for the alleged perpetrator.

He was very likely making unwanted advances toward her and probably refused to stop. Her only option was to jump or wait until he stopeed. Her options after he stopped would have been much fewer if he had stopped in a remote location. If that's the case, she did the right thing by jumping out.

The question, though, is how could a person driving a car push a passenger out a door while the car is in motion? It just seems preposterous. If she jumped out herself, which is likely, why is she lieing about it?

There can me any number of reasons why the driver refuses to turn himself in. One I can think of is that he's afraid he's already been tried in the media. He may have done absolutely nothing to her and she just freaked out on him. I doubt that's true because he didn't stop, but he also may not have stopped for fear of getting a DUI arrest. That doesn't make him completely innocent, but it also doesn't make him a molester or guilty of pushing her from the car.

I'd really like to hear the other side of the story, but the bottom line is that she was very stupid for taking that ride in the first place. There are cabs available as well as friends to call.
TmE

Addison, TX

#20 Oct 7, 2008
Well I have not seen any other stories except for this one and nowhere does it mention that anyone was intoxicated.
WWHD wrote:
<quoted text>
Underage drinking is legal? Public intoxication is legal?
Native Texan

Dallas, TX

#21 Oct 7, 2008
The family is lucky she is alive. But they all need to count their blessings, call it a day and move on. She was stupid to get in a car with someone she didn't know. Although the first time this story came out, she didn't know him at all; now this story today is she didn't know him very well. What's up with that?
Girl Wonder

Dallas, TX

#22 Oct 7, 2008
Robert wrote:
Unfortunately, the story is written in a biased context. It assumes the woman is telling the truth and is in effect speaking for the alleged perpetrator.
He was very likely making unwanted advances toward her and probably refused to stop. Her only option was to jump or wait until he stopeed. Her options after he stopped would have been much fewer if he had stopped in a remote location. If that's the case, she did the right thing by jumping out.
The question, though, is how could a person driving a car push a passenger out a door while the car is in motion? It just seems preposterous. If she jumped out herself, which is likely, why is she lieing about it?
There can me any number of reasons why the driver refuses to turn himself in. One I can think of is that he's afraid he's already been tried in the media. He may have done absolutely nothing to her and she just freaked out on him. I doubt that's true because he didn't stop, but he also may not have stopped for fear of getting a DUI arrest. That doesn't make him completely innocent, but it also doesn't make him a molester or guilty of pushing her from the car.
I'd really like to hear the other side of the story, but the bottom line is that she was very stupid for taking that ride in the first place. There are cabs available as well as friends to call.
I could not have said it better myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Addison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware of John Cook 1 hr MtnClmbr 1
Anyone know Steve Lumbley (Jan '12) 5 hr Anon 4
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 8 hr Still waiting 214 7,949
Which are worse- blacks or mexicans? 8 hr no moleste el gato 3
Ebola patient moved to Dallas to marry mother o... 19 hr Streetrunner 62
emory (Sep '11) Tue squeezers 3
We Need to Secure Our Borders from Illness and ... Tue no moleste el gato 3

Addison News Video

Addison Dating
Find my Match

Addison Jobs

Addison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Addison News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Addison

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]