Comments
221 - 240 of 308 Comments Last updated Oct 25, 2013
Wanyne

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#225
Apr 4, 2010
 
With Work-release programs
hummm

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#226
Apr 5, 2010
 
Wanyne wrote:
Didnt have all them problems with the old Jail and its just sitting empty.Could still be used for non-violent offenders
i agree the old jails are emoty and should be used for non-violent offenders who do not have sentence long enuff for VA-DOC, and add a work release program or community service,,, plus also a "required drug/alcohol program" the gov of VA- has federal re-entry $$$ and noone here will try to utilize it I have asked,,,, also the gov has just appointed a state reentry lady to utilize these $$'s.
People -INC. va-cares progrma a FAT joke,,, more of a person getting a salary to send someone to section 8 or vec... not help them.. I know was in the know and wish to further helpo but to no avail....
Duhuh

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#227
Apr 29, 2010
 
Has anyone heard who got the food service contract for the Abingdon Regional Jail? I understand some of you think that inmates should get bread and water so I don't want to stir that pot right now....

Contrary to popular belief that inmates in county jail have lots of privileges, did you all know that inmates don't get to go outside???? If they do, it's rarely..I know of someone that did not get to go outside for over 90 days!

Just figured it was time to resurrect the conversations.... teehee...
hummm

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228
Apr 30, 2010
 
Duhuh wrote:
Has anyone heard who got the food service contract for the Abingdon Regional Jail? I understand some of you think that inmates should get bread and water so I don't want to stir that pot right now....
Contrary to popular belief that inmates in county jail have lots of privileges, did you all know that inmates don't get to go outside???? If they do, it's rarely..I know of someone that did not get to go outside for over 90 days!
Just figured it was time to resurrect the conversations.... teehee...
and the thing is the reg. jail is required for their certification to comply with FEDERAL Correctional Standards.. and the inmates are required to have 3hr.s rec time weekly even if it is to sit outside in a fenced in area on the ground....
what about the ladies access to razors for hygiene... 1 a week C/O comes around with a plastic bag of razors USED at that and each lady shaves their "whatevers" and drops the razor back in the bag and on to the next group... same razors then they are stored til next week.. DISEASE vity transfer of cuts , blood, HEP etc.. possibly aids... oh but I guess it is ok since they are inmates.. remember these inmates will most likely be released back into our neighborhoods and cookin food at local restaurants... So I feel there is a duty to look at the whole picture..
Hell you can purchase your OWN razors in prison and have up to 4 at a time...
Duhuh

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229
Apr 30, 2010
 
Hummm,
How does one find out about the Standards for the Regional Jail in Abingdon? I can't find anything online.

I have heard about the razors - disgusting. Prison offers more humane treatment. I understand punishment, not abuse.

Yes, the inmates will be released back into our community and they will only be able to work food service......Mmmmmm, special wonton soup for all!
Captain Lou Elbino

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#230
May 1, 2010
 
Ohhhhh, geeeeeeez!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! Man!!!!!!!!!! GOSH!!!!!!!!!! SHEW!!!!!!!!!! LORDY!!!!!!!!!! GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!! DANG!!!!!!!!! OH NO!!!!!!!! Dog bit my toe!!!!!!!! Sorry im deaf(but i'm not black)!!!!
Duhuh

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#231
May 1, 2010
 
my comment about special soup was not race related - it was from an old comedy album (yes album!)that quite frankly is true in many cases. When you make someone mad in the food industry, they can and sometimes do, take it out on your food.......But, if they have been exposed to diseases they don't even know about it can also happen unintentionally. Bottom line - Inmates (all colors/handicap/religion/etc.) should be treated humanely... Oh, inmates can also find jobs on construction sites. Not many options with a felony...but they are expected to productive citizens...
THE GAME

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#232
May 1, 2010
 
What about a LT and a SGT who tend to get their kicks on watching female inmates drying off from a shower on the security cameras? Or trying to get one to show their breast??? Or Officers even taking maintenance trustees to Hillman Highway to pick up tobacco/drugs on the weekends that they work!! And Officers having affairs with other Officers! Officers arriving in the drive way of Mr. Clear intoxicated thinking that they were at another officers house and him telling them to not tell anyone! A female Officer finding out that her husband was cheating on her and putting a gun to his head?? Note she was telling this while in front of the CAPTAIN and MAJOR?? Cheif of Security is really doing his job!!!!
nightlife

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#234
Jun 14, 2010
 

Judged:

1

If you arent a drug head you cant work their. A friends friend was in their and she said you could get any kind of drug you want from the employees sex to if you want it and in some cases if you dont
yes-coal nobama

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#235
Jun 15, 2010
 
I say anyone incarcerated has no rights and should be required to preform hard labor while incarcerated. If you dont like it well then DONT COME BACK!
Duhuh

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#236
Jun 16, 2010
 
yes-coal nobama wrote:
I say anyone incarcerated has no rights and should be required to preform hard labor while incarcerated. If you dont like it well then DONT COME BACK!
Hard labor yes - rehabilitation (drug/alcohol/GED etc.) YES! If you don't do something to help change their behavior they will be back on your dollar....Geez, its not that hard to understand!
yes coal nobama

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#237
Jun 16, 2010
 
Duhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard labor yes - rehabilitation (drug/alcohol/GED etc.) YES! If you don't do something to help change their behavior they will be back on your dollar....Geez, its not that hard to understand!
I would change their behavior. I would make them WORK. Something most prisoners no very little about. Now is this to hard for you to understand? Each prisoner shall pay for their own incarceration expenses with HARD LABOR.
crazyeight

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#238
Jun 17, 2010
 
yes coal nobama wrote:
<quoted text>I would change their behavior. I would make them WORK. Something most prisoners no very little about. Now is this to hard for you to understand? Each prisoner shall pay for their own incarceration expenses with HARD LABOR.
Ok hard labor will solve it all. So what would you do with the ones who are "disabled" and were receiving disability for this on the street and the ones who are at least 60-70 yrs old how would you rehabilitate them with Hard labor? If Joe Combs (doing 20yrs for 2nd drug conviction or the Amos lady at 63) kills over with a hard labor induced heartattack and the family sues thejails ass off who is to blame...these folks with these long sentences are jus eating up my tax $$$ shewww I wish I had the answers cause it is hurting my bank account and probably yours too. Also I have been incarcerrated for 5.5yrs with a paper crimes... and yes before the bashing begins I worked 2jobs inside... 1 was in an office setting for 45cents an hour and not allowed to work more than 30hrs a week... the other was stripping and waxing floors,, on hands and knees removing old stripper etc... for 25cents and hour no more than 20hrs a week (doc policy) so that so the $74.00 a month I made hardly paid for my incarcerration not even a day....
Duhuh

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239
Jun 17, 2010
 
yes coal nobama wrote:
<quoted text>I would change their behavior. I would make them WORK. Something most prisoners no very little about. Now is this to hard for you to understand? Each prisoner shall pay for their own incarceration expenses with HARD LABOR.
Yes Coal nobama- Will be be paying for YOUR Black Lung disability? I believe you you think everyone in the Regional Jail has never worked before. Paying for their incarceration would be a great thing if you could get programs in place for that to happen. Many jails have inmate run gardens, farms, and animal shelters, that raise money and help the communities but not here!

The mentality here that if you are in jail your not worth anything needs to be changed. People make mistakes (I'm talking Non-Violent Offenders).
crazyeight

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#240
Jun 17, 2010
 
Duhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Coal nobama- Will be be paying for YOUR Black Lung disability? I believe you you think everyone in the Regional Jail has never worked before. Paying for their incarceration would be a great thing if you could get programs in place for that to happen. Many jails have inmate run gardens, farms, and animal shelters, that raise money and help the communities but not here!
The mentality here that if you are in jail your not worth anything needs to be changed. People make mistakes (I'm talking Non-Violent Offenders).
thank you, thank you & yes everyone makes mistakes. I doubt I am the only lady around to write 6 bad checks on my own account.... and not be able to "cover " them by next week!!! stupid me I know... But the $$ was not for drugs at all it was to pay AEP,,, and Food City groceries... oh well but yes there could be more
yes coal nobama

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#241
Jun 17, 2010
 
I see those of you that are or have been incarcerated don't like my ideas. That's the response I'm looking for. I want you to hate jail not say I can do time no problem. And my way you have no rights while incarcerated no sueing the state like prisoners do on a daily bases just because they can.
crazyeight

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#242
Jun 17, 2010
 
yes coal nobama wrote:
I see those of you that are or have been incarcerated don't like my ideas. That's the response I'm looking for. I want you to hate jail not say I can do time no problem. And my way you have no rights while incarcerated no sueing the state like prisoners do on a daily bases just because they can.
I doNOT like your ideas for myself as I learned a real hard valuable lesson. It is a cross I bear and carry on my back daily. Like the old song " No where you've been..." I do agree of the frugual lawsuits and rights. I just think folks should think outside the box, or bobwire fence and know there is no quick fix. I know the 3rd in command at duffield reg. jail; as we once worked together years ago. She has work release program for inmates daily. She also has 4 job sites she developed on her own. why doesn't abingdon reg. jail do the same? there is state reentry $$ available and second chance $$ from the feds for staff.... I have called and tried to speak to someone and well " you are a former DOC inamte we can't talk to you...that was years ago way before the reg. jail was ever thought of
Duhuh

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#243
Jun 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

yes coal nobama wrote:
I see those of you that are or have been incarcerated don't like my ideas. That's the response I'm looking for. I want you to hate jail not say I can do time no problem. And my way you have no rights while incarcerated no sueing the state like prisoners do on a daily bases just because they can.
Gee, if you are incarcerated you cannot access computers and no, I have not been incarcerated. We are discussing the privately owned Regional Jail not State/Federal prisons - quite a difference. So, if you had your way, anyone incarcerated would lose all of their rights as a human being? I pray you or anyone in your family never has to experience incarceration. I am not saying it should be a picnic~~I am saying inmates need "correctional programs" that will help them not go back....many of them have mental health issues that were never addressed and some never will be.....
paige91

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#244
Jun 17, 2010
 
you know you people are really mean! yankee is at least trying to get work and provide for his/ her family.... just because someone can't spell doesn't mean they are mental! please come on... get real. yankee try getting on with the abingdon police department....... now right there are the hillbillies! but i think your to good to even work there! well, maybe if you believe in 3- 4 marriages, live in girl friend, riding around in a big white car all day on tax peoples money then you might like a job with those guy's......oh and be sure to join the washington county moose lodge! be sure to get under the wheel after partying, and drinking.....
paige91

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#245
Jun 17, 2010
 
hell lets bring ken hayter and his girl's back!!!!!!!!! yuck,ewwwe

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Abingdon Forum right now

Search the Abingdon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
popeyes? 1 hr Matt 6
Jamie Robinson (Nov '13) 1 hr Matt 23
Review: MID-Mountain Foods Inc (Jan '14) 2 hr mater 7
beware of him 4 hr omg really 10
walmart exit 19 14 hr Average Joe 9
Supervisors rejects proposed gas ordinance 19 hr The Truth 2
Shannon Jessee Wed Hmmm 5
Ellis Soda Shop Jul 28 angel 105
•••
•••
•••
•••

Abingdon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Abingdon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Abingdon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Abingdon
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••