|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

Judged:

Elijah wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you see these people are talking about the effects of this preaching. Why do you jump in here and you don't do or act the way your oun dad preaches? You need to go back on the lake in your shorts and fish your heart out! Don't you have fun recording Edd Davis off the radio and making fun of him? I have learned a lot about you from "PREACHERS"!!!!
Careful not to criticize to much lest you do the same thing. "own" not oun. You have corrected several people and then do the same thing.
confused

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

Elijah wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad you learned how to spell your name.
My first comment. I don't know what your talking about.
listen

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

We are not the only ones discussing these preachers. Listen to the radio they are on there tearing each other down. They are suppose to be the leaders. He will tell you that you should be able to follow him to Heaven."Do as I do", his comment not mine. He told the women that we could follow his wife and we would make it to heaven. She perms her hair and it comes from the same aisle that my hair color comes from, therefor he should not preach on dying your hair. She wears fake nails and they are on the same aisle that my mascara comes from, therefor he doesn't need to preach on makeup and if he does, does that not make him double minded? Just wondering not judging!!!
Mike J

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2009

What about the original question?
Mike J

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2009

jane doe wrote:
How many of you have actually visited any of the above mentioned churches or heard the men preach?? I attend one of their churches and have attended numerous revivals and other services within the other churches. They often have very spiritual services where the Holy Ghost comes down and, as a Christian myself, I can feel the Spirit wash all over me. I would MUCH rather have that feeling of the presence of the LORD (plus have my "toes stepped on" a little bit) than go to some churches around this area who are spiritually cold and don't seem to be the same Christians that they seem to be in church on Sunday mornings. I have a feeling that a lot of you disagree with their doctrine because it "steps on your toes" a little bit. Well, God uses His preachers to both preach salvation to lost souls AND correct those who aren't living like they should. These men are not afraid to stand up for what they believe and that is EXACTLY why this thing has gotten so out of hand. People can not STAND to be told they are wrong about something, especially when it comes to religious beliefs. Just because these men preach that you have to do more than just go to church on Sunday morning and then you can do whatever else you want during the rest of the week does not mean that they are forming cults. That is a ridiculous assumption and clearly "uneducated" statement. Also, you say they are so "self-righteous" and "judgemental"...but what do you think all of you people who have been bad-mouthing them are being?? No, they may not believe exactly like you, everyone sees things differently, but people need to stick to their convictions. If they feel like they need to wear skirts and little to no make-up, I say more power to them! If you don't feel like the Lord is putting it on you to do that but you know you're saved, then I believe that's perfectly fine for you! As someone stated earlier: work out your own soul's salvation. I believe God puts different convicitons on different people, and they had better live how He tells them to live. But people had better be careful about judging them for living a stricter lifestyle than most people are used to. That is between them and God.
Hey Jane D. it is not to bad to drop in every once in a while or go to revival every night, it is when you make it your home church when the topic at hand comes to play. Nobody is saying these men can't preach and are all good men, but the leagalistic convictions they impose upon the congregation is what is in question and concern to people loosing their loved ones to it and you will not know about that till you become a "member" of their church.
joe cassell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2009

Judged:

I am just wondering why i havent gotten any calls or request yet????? still waiting....

oh yeah,,,, the fish are starting to bite....anybody want to go????
joe cassell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2009

Judged:

one more thing.... thanks for noticing my wife's hair color. You must have been looking at her, i think it looks awesome on her, dont you???
lady

Palmyra, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Im still waiting to be found out.
been there

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2009

john doe wrote:
<quoted text> how about that...get unconfortable? could it be you like darkness better than light and this kind of preaching convicts you of your way of living. I pray that God will send more labourers into the field like JASON NUNLEY. LYONS SMITH, ED DAVIS AND OLEN CASSELL.
How do you know these preachers your address is pretty far away?
Are you a preacher?
Could you be the one he goes so far to see?
funny

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2009

jane doe wrote:
How many of you have actually visited any of the above mentioned churches or heard the men preach?? I attend one of their churches and have attended numerous revivals and other services within the other churches. They often have very spiritual services where the Holy Ghost comes down and, as a Christian myself, I can feel the Spirit wash all over me. I would MUCH rather have that feeling of the presence of the LORD (plus have my "toes stepped on" a little bit) than go to some churches around this area who are spiritually cold and don't seem to be the same Christians that they seem to be in church on Sunday mornings. I have a feeling that a lot of you disagree with their doctrine because it "steps on your toes" a little bit. Well, God uses His preachers to both preach salvation to lost souls AND correct those who aren't living like they should. These men are not afraid to stand up for what they believe and that is EXACTLY why this thing has gotten so out of hand. People can not STAND to be told they are wrong about something, especially when it comes to religious beliefs. Just because these men preach that you have to do more than just go to church on Sunday morning and then you can do whatever else you want during the rest of the week does not mean that they are forming cults. That is a ridiculous assumption and clearly "uneducated" statement. Also, you say they are so "self-righteous" and "judgemental"...but what do you think all of you people who have been bad-mouthing them are being?? No, they may not believe exactly like you, everyone sees things differently, but people need to stick to their convictions. If they feel like they need to wear skirts and little to no make-up, I say more power to them! If you don't feel like the Lord is putting it on you to do that but you know you're saved, then I believe that's perfectly fine for you! As someone stated earlier: work out your own soul's salvation. I believe God puts different convicitons on different people, and they had better live how He tells them to live. But people had better be careful about judging them for living a stricter lifestyle than most people are used to. That is between them and God.
You call it uneducated to call it a cult. Look it up in a dictionary cult-1- formal religious veneration:worship. The definition of a cult from Webster's dictionary.All churches are a cult according to Webster's. Your answer is uneducated.
answer to post

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2009

They believe in the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost.
They believe that you pray about everything. They believe a woman is to always wear a dress to be separated or set apart from a man.They believe a woman's hair is her glory and it should be long. They believe a woman should not wear anything that would bring attention to herself. If a woman dresses and acts in a way to make a man lust than she is sinning.They believe Jesus is coming back on the clouds to bring his people home. They believe everyone will stand in judgment. They believe that you should not go to the theater and to restaurants that serve alcohol.They believe if you drink or take anything that alters your thought you are sinning. They believe in the power of the Holy Ghost but they do not speak in tongues. They do not believe that there is a "receiving of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of tongues". They believe a woman's place is at home not at work. A woman is to take care of the kids, house and husband.They believe that God is 1st, Man is 2nd and woman is behind the man. A woman is not to teach or show authority over a man.Any other questions just ask. I am not judging the church or people only answer the post. If i said anything wrong forgive me and I'll correct it.I don't go there anymore not out of anger but i have different beliefs. God puts us where he wants us and can use us for his benefit not ours.You can get out of the will but pray and he will show you what to do to get back in his will.
Helen

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2009

BOY! Joe Cassell shut his big mouth when someone said something about his daddys girlfriend. Wonder why?
JOE CASSELL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Judged:

well, helen, im back. sorry i was gone for so long!!! i have been down in the caribbean on the "beaches" and also got some fishing in while i had the time.
Speaking of Dad and his "girl"---you must be mad because you couldnt get a date with him!!!! Sorry about your luck!!! Must stink for you. If you are looking, you can find you a date on one of the free dating sites im sure. You do seem to know your way around the internet pretty good.
Is helen your real name?? If it isnt, then dont this make you a gossiper, fake, and a coward??? i was just wondering!!!!! Sorry it didnt work out for you!!
JOE CASSELL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Oh yeah, its time for my wife to have her hair colored again? you know any good stylist up your way??? Manicure and pedicure also...just let me know!!!
JOE CASSELL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Seeing how you are so concerned about us,,, i done even need a personal planner or scheduler....lol
Helen

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Mr. Cassell you may get on here and think this is funny but sir it is far from funny. I dont understand how people can get up in the pullpit and preach on things that they do themselves.
Helen

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

YOU ARE JUST A SMART A DOUBLE S, I DONT KNOW MANY WOMEN WHO WOULD WANT YOUR OLD BEAT UP DADDY, HE'LL NEED A WHEELCHAIR BEFORE LONG. I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY THE NEW GIRL WOULD WANT HIM, SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND ALL. COULD THERE BE MONEY INVOLVED? WATCH OUT FOR YOUR INHERITANCE.
helen

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

well joey where are you? I miss you baby
info for you

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2009

I bet dad laid the law done!!!
Get off that satan filled internet!
Jesus will change you

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2009

After I became a Christian I had an experience in the church I attend. It was another preacher that got up and said something that hurt me bad. I had had an extrem anxiety attack and was hospitalized for days. I couldn'r breath. It was awful. I gave my heart and soul to the Lord right there in my bathroom. But that night the preacher said if you had depression and anxiety it was demonic. I almost quit going to church. I have realized prachers preach what God gives them. They say things sometimes that they do not know because they have never been thru it. We cannot judge preachers either. I will give an acoount for myself and everyone will give an account for themselves. Do not let man destroy your relationship with God. I as a person would hat to have the calling as a preacher. People look down on them so. If we don't agree, we just need to hold our head up and go on for the Lord. Yes I agree some Christians act worse than sinners. But it will be on them. I want to be a light to anybody I can. The bible says we have to love one another. I go to a holiness church, I wear light makeup. I cannot find where it is wrong. It also don't say a thing about cutting your hair or wearing dresses to the floor. God will know if your heart is clean and right. I think the baptised,metohdist,Church of Christ, etc... should be able to worship together. Afterall we are striving to make it to Heaven. I do think Jason is a good person. Sometimes the message seems to be directed at us , but that is the way the Devil can keep us out of church. I hope you continue going and Gob Bless You!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of210
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Abingdon Forum right now

Search the Abingdon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Josh Johnson 3 hr curious 103
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 10 hr Winona 1,348
Kristy Hutton 12 hr htc618 1
Hot moms at AHS 12 hr AHS ballin 4
Next AHS Football Coach 12 hr One Loud mouth 116
ahs ????? 13 hr ChaCha x falcon 29
Any lesbians around abingdon?? 14 hr new in town 1
•••

Freeze Warning for Washington County was issued at April 16 at 3:36AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Abingdon Jobs