Mountain States Health Alliance

Posted in the Abingdon Forum

Vested Interest

Bristol, TN

#1 Mar 9, 2011
Just wondering what the community's impression of MSHA is, particularly in regards to southwest Virginia (Abingdon, Marion and Lebannon).
Wow

Henry, VA

#2 Mar 9, 2011
Not very good...
Some one who knows

Abingdon, VA

#3 Mar 9, 2011
Johnston Memorial just isn't the same since they came into the picture!!!!!!!!!!
Wow

Henry, VA

#4 Mar 9, 2011
Agreeing with "Some one who knows"... Billing and payments are a bear to deal with, as bills are turned to collections immediately, even before the first actual bill is sent to the patient/patients family home. When asked, I was told that was their policy. My policy since then has been to go to Bristol Regional if necessary, and my family has followed through on that. Billing and payment has not been a problem there. Competition is a good thing, I suppose
jay

Bristol, VA

#5 Mar 9, 2011
MSHA is not up to the standards of Wellmont, but improving. They are also spending lots of money on new hospitals which could be better spent remodeling existing hospitals and hiring additional nurses and staff. The new hospitals are all about perception, and not focused on quality health care. Overspending includes Wellmont too.
Nobody

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Mar 9, 2011
Mountain States has completely lost all respect as far as patients are concerned. They lost a long list of the good Doctors who has been here for years,and as far as the public is concerned,everybody I talk to wants to go to a different region or system. They are like any other business,if enough people bypass them, they will fold. If they ever turn any of my billing over to a collection company before I get a bill, I'll spend 10 times as much on a lawyer and go thru joint commission just to make a point. If enough people go to who regulates protocol and grants operating permits, they will take notice. A hospital is not an exempt diplomat, you make enough waves, it will cost them.
jill

Bristol, TN

#7 Mar 13, 2011
Pray for our health care workers!
Sorry

Johnson City, TN

#8 Mar 13, 2011
Sad. Our community had one of if not the best community hospital in Virginia. I have dealth with JMH since birth. I also was a long time employee of JMH. I took pride in my work and the hospital. I recently was a patient in the hospital and was apalled at the care and the state of the hospital. I spent 24 hours in the hospital before even being seen by a doctor. I was misdiagnosed and was in critical condition, all of which was a nightmare. My family was called home expecting me to die. My husband demanded I be transferred which probably saved my life. Mountain States has ruined our hospital and have caused many of best doctors to leave town. This is so sad for our community, their employees, our doctors. Mountain States has ruined our hospital, and personally forced me to go elsewhere in order to get decent care.
Local

South Boston, VA

#9 Mar 20, 2011
Sorry bunch keep running off good doctors who have been here for years and years. They have destroyed JMH in 2.
Just Me

Johnson City, TN

#10 Mar 21, 2011
Its run by a bunch of spoiled little rich punks with money to invest that don't care about nobody but themselfs.MSHA is a joke.
Vested Interest

Bristol, TN

#11 Mar 21, 2011
Well, I'd have to agree that it seems they have only their financial interests in mind. All decisions are based entirely on money. "Patient centered"? Ha?
former nurse

Jonesborough, TN

#12 Jun 5, 2012
They don't care about their patients or their employees. It always boils down to the bottom dollar and how they can get the job done faster and cheaper, this includes with less staff. The motto "patient centered care" is a joke, it should be "management centered care." $$$ More lay-offs = more pressure on nursing staff,= more potential mistakes,= poorer patient care,= less money MSHA has to pay for staffing,= more money for the big wigs. This company is horrible.
Local 123

White Pine, TN

#13 Jun 5, 2012
pretty much what everyone else has sad. MSHA is trying to ruin JMH, our hometown hospital! Raise prices and cut staff!
Miss Information

Jonesborough, TN

#14 Sep 29, 2012
Why would MSHA want to ruin JMH? That doesn't make any sense considering they donated hundreds of millions to the community to build the new one. I wonder how many years it will take for that investment to pay off?

You all know that if Wellmont would have bought JMH, they would have closed it down, right? No way they want a competitor so close to Bristol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Falcon Pharmacy (May '13) 3 hr Knows better 7
the new shoneys (Oct '13) 4 hr joclo 42
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 5 hr Eternal love 4,075
Men suck! 22 hr Unclear 9
Dan r Tue Tru Dat 22
Dawn Wallace Mon smart gurl 1
Hot Coach Mon kbaby16 5
Abingdon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web