City study released: Abilene has enough reclaimed water to meet Tenaska's needs

Nov 9, 2009 Full story: Abilene Reporter-News

The city of Abilene has enough water to meet its long-term needs and still provide a significant amount of "reclaimed water" - or treated sewage - to a proposed coal-fired energy plant east of Sweetwater, a study presented to the City Council today has concluded.

Full Story
Ron-Texas

Temple, TX

#1 Nov 10, 2009
The City of Abilene is making enough money off of their Property Owners square footage run off fees,they should have enough to sell to Teneska!! But as the old saying goes "Poop runs down hill", where is the used/contaminated water going to go??
patty

Pawnee, IL

#2 Jul 20, 2011
"Safe yield" of water, come on... sounds like a coined phrase for making the locals feel warm and fuzzy after selling their water rights to the highest bidder. Safe for who??? Not the locals who are facing a draught... not for the locals... maybe for the corporation. Sounds like public relations is in high gear. Someone stayed up late at night to come up with that phrase.
Nation of Imbeciles

San Antonio, TX

#3 Jul 20, 2011
Come on everyone! Let's suck it up and submit to the will of our political masters. We need to obey!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abilene Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 4 hr Fossilfarts 677
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 9 hr Manny 535
stephen k walker Oct 21 karen 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Clyde, TX (Jul '10) Sep 26 Brian_G 20
Surviving Aug '14 Concerned 1
Review: Richardson Construction Aug '14 Mike 1
Teen Accused Of Leaving Infant In Bedroom Indicted (Aug '08) Aug '14 just another person 31
Abilene Dating
Find my Match

Abilene Jobs

Abilene People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Abilene News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Abilene

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]