chantae

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

I wanted to know if you had to have your GED and a deploma from high school or just a GED to get in to Grays Harbor Beauty College?
my email is
taymarie92@hotmail.com
Gailyn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

You do not have to have a Diploma or GED to attend school, However I believe that you must one or the other to get your license.
jones

Quincy, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Judged:

Grays harbor beauty college is the worst college I have EVER been to. Do not join this college. The girls dont get taught anything, they literally have to "wing" every haircut
johanna

Bayonne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

I am looking for honest reviews of Grays Harbor Beauty College as it is the only local beauty school near aberdeen. thank you
amy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Judged:

i wouldnt go there. its infested with cockroaches and the instructors are lazy as hell. one sits on the phone all day and the other cant really do anything. they get pissed when you cant do a haircut. yet they dont teach you anything. im dropping out thats for sure. its an easy way to get a career for one year but working with cockroaches isnt really my thing. cutting bums hair all day isnt cool eithner
Stevens

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2009

Can you go there and see it for yourself? Would it be possible to speak to graduates? Just throwing things out on the internet, you don't know if the answers are real, or are they just from bored teenagers.

“Hell on Church Street ”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

Judged:

jones wrote:
Grays harbor beauty college is the worst college I have EVER been to. Do not join this college. The girls dont get taught anything, they literally have to "wing" every haircut
How many colleges you been too,stupid

“Hell on Church Street ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

Judged:

amy wrote:
i wouldnt go there. its infested with cockroaches and the instructors are lazy as hell. one sits on the phone all day and the other cant really do anything. they get pissed when you cant do a haircut. yet they dont teach you anything. im dropping out thats for sure. its an easy way to get a career for one year but working with cockroaches isnt really my thing. cutting bums hair all day isnt cool eithner
Come on buck up.Cut hair.Your made for the job as muck as you talk>

“Hell on Church Street ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

Judged:

What I really need to know is : Has anyone seen Steven Lundquist around?
gottahaverlabs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

Judged:

I am a graduate of the beauty college, and yes if you are not inrolled in the highschool program you do need to either have your diploma or GED to be licensed. I don't think you need it to go to school? But still the best way to find out is to go in and find out or call them and ask.
I went to school before it was moved to the new location and find it funny to see people complain of the way it is now. I had the same instructors as the kids do now, as did most all of the proressionals in our area. Their students have moved on to work in great salons all over. You are also responsible for your own experiences in life and what you take from them. This school is required to give general beginning education it is your job to further your education as is most careers. This is the very reason why salons in higher paying areas would most likely higher you as a shampoo girl first and further educate you. I have been in the school in the last few months and yes it does enroll mostly teens which is probably why these things have been said, they have yet to be inroduced to adult learning. It is also my understanding that while one of the instructors does have some limitations to getting around the other has been through a gambet of things with her husband. So if you really are considering this school I recommend it and remind you that your education is dependent on your desire so go check it out yourself.
gottahaverlabs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

Judged:

amy wrote:
So did you quit yet or are you just planning to spread venom? Life is full of interesting things you will go through best advice you could take is try and put yourself in someone elses shoes. Sympathy and empathy are top of the list things you need to be a good stylist, believe it or not. The name of the game is customer service. Your instructors put you on the floor made sure you could do the general skill, its your job to pay attention and attempt to learn.
kmh

Fall City, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2009

does grays harbor beauty college except financial aid?
jen

Aberdeen, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

You can go there to have a service done... nails, wax, haircut, etc and see what you think. If the job is done right, instructors are doing well.....
katt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

kmh wrote:
does grays harbor beauty college except financial aid?
no, cash and check only
scott

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Judged:

every time ive been in there one of the instructors is very interactive with the students. the other one is as mentioned above a lazy bitch that sits on her ass.
Ashley

Ocean Shores, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Judged:

I went to GH Beauty School for a short time and dropped out. I wish I would have gone to a school in Olympia or something instead. One teacher was somewhat helpful the other sat in her office all day. I feel my experience was a waste of time and money.
Kaygrl

Fox Island, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

Judged:

I am a graduate of the Grays Harbor Beauty College. I learned more from interning at Regis, than I did at the college itself. I wish I had gone else where for my education, although, they taught me what I needed to know. The basics. You have to want to learn to actually learn. Most of the high schoolers complain and don't do much of anything, but I drank up anything I could. I asked questions, I did the bookwork. The teachers there are nice people, and they have been through a lot in their personal lives, henceforth effecting how they may appear to others. But they actually get to know you, they talk with you, and make you more comfortable with asking questions. The only thing I hated was the High School drama. and the fact that my education was limited, but in all honesty, you get what you pay for. It's cheaper than any other place, so you get what you need to get you started. And I now work full time at a local salon, so I must have learned something! Before you take your actual test, you get pretested twice, so that you're prepared in all possible ways. And they give you a study guide for the written. As long as you know what's in there, you will pass. So plain and simple, nice people, limited education, but convenient. As for bums and roaches, both are nasty, but a package deal. The roaches come from the people upstairs, and the bums... I mean it's Aberdeen. It's expected. Homeless people need their hair done too! How ould you feel if you were homeless and needed your hair done? Would you like a girl cringing at the thought of touching you? Come on! You'll have to deal with all sorts of people in the real world. It's life. Grow up and deal with it. So go and check it out, if it's not for you, then fine. But some people can't afford to go to an expensive academy.
Redwolf

Covington, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

Judged:

I was just in Gray Harbor College today and was not at all satified. The place is not very clean and the instructures are not very nice. I am a licensed nail tech. and was watching a student giving a pedicure and for one he used dish soap for the pedicure bath, coughed in his hand and did not wash or use hand sanitizer before returning to his client. The students there do not dress proffesional nor did they wear smocks. One of the girls had her thong showing, one had her crack showing, and then there were alot of comments made up front around clients that were not exceptible. I was thinking of going to this school to finish my school but after today I could not bring myself to attend this school for any reason.
Nataya

Cosmopolis, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

i haven't yet went to this school but do want to go i know alot of girls that are there now and there nice hard working girls,and of course you might get a bad pedicure or haircut people are learning there it is a school,my bestfriend went and when she was doing her first couple haircuts she got stuck and asked one of the instructors to help and she did i just know thats its cheap and there is alot of great girls that work there
Yo daddy

Gig Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Judged:

amy wrote:
STOP YOUR COMPLAINING AND GET YOUR EDUCATION!!!!!And it would help if you took some spelling classes too!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Aberdeen News Video

•••
Aberdeen Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Aberdeen Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••