vermilion clerk of court

Posted in the Abbeville Forum

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
POLI

Abbeville, LA

#1 Jan 29, 2011
LOOKS LIKE WE MAY HAVE A REAL HORSE RACE FOR VERMILION PARISH CLERK OF COURT IN OCTOBER. ON THURSDAY JANUARY 27, OUR CLERK OF COURT FIRED ONE OF THE BEST WORKERS IN HER OFFICE. EVEN THOUGH SHE DID NOT GIVE HIM A REASON, IT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN A POLITICAL DECISION. SHE PROBABLY DOESN'T REALIZE IT, BUT, THAT WAS A BIG POLITICAL MISTAKE.
name

Abbeville, LA

#2 Jan 29, 2011
Who was fired?
POLI

Abbeville, LA

#3 Jan 29, 2011
Kent Broussard He had been employed there for
the last nine years.
spiderwoman

Kaplan, LA

#4 Jan 29, 2011
WOW! Why would she fire him for a political decision. That is not right. Hope he fights back.
Need to Know

Abbeville, LA

#5 Jan 29, 2011
Need to know the details. All I see is POLI thinks he was one of the best workers and the firing was a political mistake. This may well be the case but someone must be able to produce the details.
Is that U

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jan 30, 2011
POLI a/k/a Todd Dore?
POLI

Abbeville, LA

#7 Jan 31, 2011
Poli is NOT Todd Dore
Just a voter interested in getting politics out of the courthouse
It appears that Kent Broussard was fired because he was friends with Todd Dore
I think he should sue the Clerk of Court's office
Bigger Duck and Kaplan83

Kaplan, LA

#8 Jan 31, 2011
POLI wrote:
Poli is NOT Todd Dore
Just a voter interested in getting politics out of the courthouse
It appears that Kent Broussard was fired because he was friends with Todd Dore
I think he should sue the Clerk of Court's office
Seems like she could have fired him a long time ago if that was the case.
POLI

Abbeville, LA

#9 Jan 31, 2011
It would seem that way. Is it possible that she feels threatened now that she knows Todd Dore will be running in October. Or, maybe, could it be that Kent knows too much about how the office is currently being run.
trucksign

Abbeville, LA

#10 Jan 31, 2011
POLI wrote:
It would seem that way. Is it possible that she feels threatened now that she knows Todd Dore will be running in October. Or, maybe, could it be that Kent knows too much about how the office is currently being run.
he already has his sign on his truck. A Broussard has never lost an election and she won't lose this one either.
POLI

Abbeville, LA

#11 Jan 31, 2011
I sure wish I had a nickel for everty time I heard that. However, your facts are not totally correct. I seem to remember a politically powerful incumbent Police Juror by the name of Minos Broussard who got beat. Yes -- that was right here in Vermilion Parish. I'm sure if I think just a little, I can come up with other Broussards who have lost elections. Personally, I think that on any given day, anyone can be beat -- even a Broussard.
Nuf Said

Lafayette, LA

#12 Jan 31, 2011
The office is in shambles both financially and worker morale.

Time for a change.
Stell Lee

San Antonio, TX

#13 Jan 31, 2011
trucksign wrote:
<quoted text>he already has his sign on his truck. A Broussard has never lost an election and she won't lose this one either.
That is not true. There is a Broussard from Kaplan who never won an election. Always last except one time.
lost in space

Kaplan, LA

#14 Jan 31, 2011
where is that guy from Kaplan. He has good points and opinions that I never think of.
Stell Lee

San Antonio, TX

#15 Feb 1, 2011
lost in space wrote:
where is that guy from Kaplan. He has good points and opinions that I never think of.
You shouldn't talk about yourself like that. We all know that your points and opinions are useless. Sorry Mr. B. you don't fool any one.
POLI

Abbeville, LA

#16 Feb 1, 2011
Nuf Said wrote:
The office is in shambles both financially and worker morale.
Time for a change.
The morale in the Clerk of Courts office cannot possibly be good.
A well liked & respected employee got fired for political reasons.
What kind of message does that send to other employees?

As for financially, I believe that the office was in good shape when this Clerk of Court took over. It would really be a shame if she has depleted the surplus that was left to her by her the previous Clerk of Court. Maybe that is worth looking into.
Is that U

Lafayette, LA

#17 Feb 1, 2011
POLI wrote:
<quoted text>
The morale in the Clerk of Courts office cannot possibly be good.
A well liked & respected employee got fired for political reasons.
What kind of message does that send to other employees?
As for financially, I believe that the office was in good shape when this Clerk of Court took over. It would really be a shame if she has depleted the surplus that was left to her by her the previous Clerk of Court. Maybe that is worth looking into.
Well if you not Todd Dore it sure sounds like you knew a lot about the office when Diane Broussard took over! And on another note you also know exactly when Kent Broussard got hired. Just saying!
POLI

Abbeville, LA

#18 Feb 1, 2011
Is that U wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you not Todd Dore it sure sounds like you knew a lot about the office when Diane Broussard took over! And on another note you also know exactly when Kent Broussard got hired. Just saying!
ONCE AGAIN, I AM NOT TODD DORE!!
I quess I should have given my full name earlier. It's POLI TICK
Hint: its FRENCH.
I will not apologize for keeping up with the politics in this parish. Maybe more people should.
Tick Powder

Lafayette, LA

#19 Feb 1, 2011
POLI wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not apologize for keeping up with the politics in this parish. Maybe more people should.
Like ticks on a dog?
Same

Abbeville, LA

#20 Feb 1, 2011
POLI wrote:
<quoted text>
I know who you are. You the same guy POLI TICK ing for Jonathan Perry on the other topix forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meaux Elementary 3 hr huh 6
Wassup with Chief Rost? 4 hr No devil do care 53
Harson VS Stutes (Mar '14) 10 hr Get your Game on 378
nvms Fri huh 5
Billy Mire Benefit Fri Jimmie Breaux 1
Should Judge David Blanchet be removed from court (Jul '09) Oct 23 CScase 625
Nick Faciane (Oct '10) Oct 22 Interested 54
Abbeville Dating
Find my Match

Abbeville Jobs