Alleman Retires Meeks Takes Over His Practice

Posted in the Abbeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nutrina

Lafayette, LA

#1 Oct 2, 2012
Your thoughts and complaints about Meeks.
Pleased

Carencro, LA

#2 Oct 2, 2012
Although I will miss dr Alleman I love dr Meeks. After all of the complaints I heard about him on this site I was adamant about seeing him but was sick and needed to be seen quickly. He was great he sat down and listened to all of my concerns and showed he cared. No commercials for protandim in the waiting room, no mention of protandim during the visit, just a friendly environment. Since then I have been back once and was seen by a P.A. Named Lindsay who was also wonderful and concerned. These are people who are in this field for the right reasons.
NOT PLEASED

Lafayette, LA

#3 Oct 2, 2012
My mother is 83 years old she has taken Xanax for twenty years for panic attacks and to help with insomnia. She is on no other meds. Meeks would not refill her Rx for her Xanax.
She has sleeps very little and is very grumpy. So I took her too Hutchinson. Who was rude beyond belief!! Slamming my moms Rx bottle on the table and accusing her of doctor shopping!
She then put my mom on Trazadone!! an anti depressant with mild sleepiness as a side effect.
She told my mom that people don't like Meeks because he will not prescribe narcotics.
I guess yes we are Doctor shopping now. I need a new doctor that will give moms medicine back to her! She's 83 for gods sake give the woman her Xanax!
Oh and Meeks did try to put the sell on her for Protanden!! Sickening

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4 Oct 2, 2012
Everyone misses Dr. Alleman. He would give you five months of refills and charge half the price of Meeks and you bet you would never see some Nurse doctor wannbe, over there you always would see the real doctor! I've taken my business to Lafayette, to hell with these stupid doctors here. Don't even think about stepping foot in Abbeville General. That's where they Work!
Get over it

Lafayette, LA

#5 Oct 2, 2012
Catch your head and face the truth. You or your mom doesn't need that drug. What the hell did our fore fathers take? There was none of that crap.
NOT PLEASED

Lafayette, LA

#6 Oct 2, 2012
Well back then you could buy cocaine in a bottle of pop.
The Truth TAKE YOUR BUSINESS TO LAFAYETTE.
He prescribes high dollar meds. to people who can't afford them.
If it walks like a duck and quacks it's a duck.
Nutrina

Lafayette, LA

#7 Oct 2, 2012
I to have been taken of my medications that I had for years with Dr. Alleman. I have been prescribed all that expensive medication. He will not write anything with refills. They want you to go every month so they can make more money. I have not been happy and since reading this I think I will look for another doctor. Thank you all for your comments.
Dr. Hutch is not possible for me because I can not understand anything she says. She has no bedside manner. She is more worried about the computer than even glancing at you.

Euless, TX

#8 Oct 2, 2012
My husband was seeing alleman and his refills ran out before we realized he retired. He was on nexium for heartburn one pill twice a day which was given to him from his gastro dr. Dr Meeks said it wasn't possible for him to write it that way even though he had the bottle and it was just a refill!
Nutrina

Lafayette, LA

#9 Oct 2, 2012
He's just all about the money. Just like Hutch.

Euless, TX

#10 Oct 2, 2012
Nutrina wrote:
He's just all about the money. Just like Hutch.
I know we would pay Alleman like $75 and he would give 6 refills. Now we pay Meeks $120 and he gives 2!

Location hidden

#11 Oct 2, 2012
Does any one know if he kept the same girls in Allemans old office by the hospital? I know they were all worried about losing her their jobs when Meeks took over.
WWIII

Abbeville, LA

#12 Oct 2, 2012
Get over it wrote:
Catch your head and face the truth. You or your mom doesn't need that drug. What the hell did our fore fathers take? There was none of that crap.
Most of our forefathers didn't live to be 83.
Wondering

Abbeville, LA

#13 Oct 4, 2012
So whos at the walkin clinic now?

Location hidden

#14 Oct 4, 2012
Which one???
Wondering

Abbeville, LA

#15 Oct 4, 2012
Going out of town on the left hand side. He was there on Wed. and Fri.

Location hidden

#16 Oct 4, 2012
Heading out of town towards Kaplan after Ray Chevy on the left is Meeks office ( you don't want to go there )
Woof Woof

Lafayette, LA

#17 Oct 4, 2012
Just go out and eat some grass, like a dog does.

Location hidden

#18 Oct 4, 2012
Is that what you do? Does it work?? Will it make my shit green???
Allemans

Pasadena, TX

#19 Oct 5, 2012
NOT PLEASED wrote:
My mother is 83 years old she has taken Xanax for twenty years for panic attacks and to help with insomnia. She is on no other meds. Meeks would not refill her Rx for her Xanax.
She has sleeps very little and is very grumpy. So I took her too Hutchinson. Who was rude beyond belief!! Slamming my moms Rx bottle on the table and accusing her of doctor shopping!
She then put my mom on Trazadone!! an anti depressant with mild sleepiness as a side effect.
She told my mom that people don't like Meeks because he will not prescribe narcotics.
I guess yes we are Doctor shopping now. I need a new doctor that will give moms medicine back to her! She's 83 for gods sake give the woman her Xanax!
Oh and Meeks did try to put the sell on her for Protanden!! Sickening
as long as I get my 180 Lt tens I will be happy

Location hidden

#20 Oct 5, 2012
I guess you would be happy. Have enough to pay the rent too eh. lol You sure as hell not getting shit from Meeks! lol And if you do get something it will be the most expensive non narcotic there is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Harson VS Stutes (Mar '14) 1 hr New BLOOD 352
Wassup with Chief Rost? 1 hr New BLOOD 37
Should Judge David Blanchet be removed from court (Jul '09) 16 hr Get your Game on 624
Abbeville chinese restaurant owners arrested. ... (Jan '14) Sun Every Dog Has Its... 517
Do you approve of Kirk Champagne as Mayor? (Oct '11) Sun GARY 64
poo doos (Jan '13) Sun ThePirate 26
Brodney Mouton for Marshall Sun ThePirate 6
Abbeville Dating
Find my Match

Abbeville Jobs

Abbeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Abbeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Abbeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]