Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
648,781 - 648,800 of 1,082,431 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696053
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

10

9

5

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a joke, nuc. Someone said Krauthammer "didn't build that" referring to his own success.
Relax. Take a few deep breaths.
That was Knock-knock...he wasn't applying to to Krauthammer; he was just repeating that one lying lie out-of-context line that he's been using all day. PULEEEEEEEEEEEZE, don't be so simple-minded.

On the lighter side, Sometimes the comedy just writes itself...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/mitt -...

As head of the Salt Lake Olympics Mitt Romney became the first Olympic executive to approve a series of commemorative pins in his likeness.(They're in the news right now because they were made in China)
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696054
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

9

9

6

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
In the same article, the Slovak foreign minister, Mr. Lajcak, also said the U.S. and European allies must continue to try and explain the defense plan to Russia WHICH REMAINS SKEPTICAL.
So...since Russia remains "skeptical", ever wonder what Obama meant when he told Putin he would be more flexible after his reelection?
Flexible about what?
Good. Keep the Russians skeptical. Obama is a genius. Meanwhile Mitt running his mouth about who is the head of Britain's MI-6.

British press hammers Romney after he reveals MI6 meeting


In a scathing review of Romney’s time in London, Tom McCarthy of The Guardian opined that many in Great Britain were angered by Romney’s admission, as there has always been a great deal of mystery surrounding the famed intelligence agency.

“I can only say that I appreciated the insights and perspectives of the leaders of the government here and opposition here as well as the head of MI6 as we discussed Syria and the hope for a more peaceful future for that country,” Romney said during a press conference Thursday.

When asked for comment, MI6 did not specifically acknowledge a meeting between Romney and Sawyers, but rather stated,“Sir John Sawers meets many people, but we don’t give a running commentary on any of these private meetings.”

MI6 has gained fame through the fictional depiction of the agency in James Bond movies, but, as McCarthy points out, there was no public acknowledgement of the UK’s version of the CIA until 1994.

“For our American readership, this isn’t like bragging you just met David Petraeus. The British take on the national secret intelligence service comes with an extra-heavy dollop of the whole secret thing,” McCarthy wrote.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/27/british-pre...

Romney is a friggin' idiot. We've been through bad Bush foreign policy, enough already!

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696055
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

9

8

4

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, pretty much everyone was on board with TARP - including Obama and almost every single democrat.
Guess you'll have to try another argument. TARP has been paid back in full.
What about the $5 trillion that's been added since then?
Carol, no.

I was not talking about TARP. BTW the Republicans voted against TARP.

I'm ta;king borrowing money to spend as a stimulus.

Mitt Rommney in December of 2008 wrote an Op-Ed encouraging Republicans to pass a stimulus action borrowing hundreds of billions of dollars.

The exact same thing you are having a fit about.
Grey Ghost

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696056
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

8

8

5

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
howdy, grey!
Hey dem, nice to see you still doing God's work. I hope all is well.
carol

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696057
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

9

9

5

BRONACH wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish Obama had actually done even ones days work and earned even one private sector dollar.
I believe Obama was being completely honest when he said "You didn't build that"
But he had to be talking to people who like himself have received virtually everything (From education to housing) cradle to grave entitlements from those of us who actually do work.
That's exactly what he was thinking. He's never had to build anything. It was all handed to him.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696058
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

9

9

7

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah flacko, right after Skippy jumps off the front of the peanut butter jar.
And this from a guy who apparently doesn't even know where he lived as a child.
The Whites of West Virginia is a documentary about what is billed as America's last outlaw family and was produced in Boone County WVA which is damned near adjacent to Fayette County only separated by a sliver of another county.
Homer was talking about a different documentary which was produced in Saul KY which is West of Hazard a good piece and actually closer to London where that crazy lady who posts here in the morning lives.
Whitesville WVA is by far the nicer of the two shytholes. And the Whites were nowhere as backwater as the Bowlings.
I've been throughout that region, even back during the coal boom of the early seventies when the economy was gangbusters.
Cheers, thanks for setting the record straight, I knew the documentary I was referring to was in Appalachia, same general area.
carol

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696059
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

9

9

6

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Your jealousy over his winning the Peace Prize is still rankling you!!
Good!! I'm happy it pisses you off.
Because none of your Republiclowns would ever be offered such a prize, token or otherwise!!
In fact, there are countries Bush cannot travel to, for fear of arrest.
Your sour grapes are amusing to watch.
"Krauthammer is ok as long as he doesn't attack a Republican" is Carol's view of 'common sense'.
Jealousy isn't exactly the right word. Astonished is more accurate.

What exactly did he accomplish to win a Nobel Peace Prize? Please be specific. I'm a simple woman, after all.
not form bayside anymore-

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696060
Jul 27, 2012
 
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
President Romney will win 44 states, 400+ electoral votes and a filibuster proof senate.
America hates the commie Kenyan.
Our plan worked’? Obama economy slows to 1.5 percent growth
was that fox new's who gave you that information? of course it was. Obama will win,and I will have the last laugh.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696061
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

8

8

4

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
how come your mom called all those guys your uncle?
Why did all those guys call your dad, "miss"?
lowWestpirate_II

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696062
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
When I see such stupidity as yours, I just can't resist piling on!!
There some sort of nitwit rules on who I can reply to??
Other than whine like an infant, what else ya got??
It has obviously had its' desired effect, as you went off like a Roman Candle!~!
Shoot partner...you and leo stink this place up good and proper!

Please keep replying...and you can keep the idiot moniker that comes with being you...

nutsack.....I'm arguing with a pair if twins!
carol

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696063
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

8

8

4

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, no.
I was not talking about TARP. BTW the Republicans voted against TARP.
I'm ta;king borrowing money to spend as a stimulus.
Mitt Rommney in December of 2008 wrote an Op-Ed encouraging Republicans to pass a stimulus action borrowing hundreds of billions of dollars.
The exact same thing you are having a fit about.
Maybe if you could provide a link or an article of some type to back this up, I'd be interested to read the entire context.
not form bayside anymore-

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696064
Jul 27, 2012
 
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly what he was thinking. He's never had to build anything. It was all handed to him.
My president worked and he worked hard he was a law professor and Graduated with high honor's. And what College did you go to? and if you have kid's what College did they go to? You sound like a total idiot. Now what say you?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696065
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

9

8

6

DOW over 13K, take that rightwing America haters!

Flack on suicide watch.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696066
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

10

9

7

Eman wrote:
" SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News)- A citizen with a gun stopped a knife wielding man as he began stabbing people Thursday evening at the downtown Salt Lake City Smith's store.
Police say the suspect purchased a knife inside the store and then turned it into a weapon"
If the knife has a pistol grip, it's an Assault Weapon.

Eric Holder should send some of these illegally across the Mexican border, too. They could call it Quick & Curious. Or Sharp & Serrated. Or Cut To The Quick.

Or they could name it after Holder himself: Knot 2 Sharp.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696067
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

9

9

6

not form bayside anymore- wrote:
<quoted text>
was that fox new's who gave you that information? of course it was. Obama will win,and I will have the last laugh.
That's just Fredtard, before Romney it was Gingrich winning 44 states, Trump, Christie, Caine, Palin, insert blowup doll here, etc.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696068
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

11

11

10

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>Can you cite any instance of whites having so much to fear from their fellow citizens??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Hey, Jerk. Read any crime statistics lately?
carol

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696069
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

10

10

6

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Good. Keep the Russians skeptical. Obama is a genius. Meanwhile Mitt running his mouth about who is the head of Britain's MI-6.
British press hammers Romney after he reveals MI6 meeting
In a scathing review of Romney’s time in London, Tom McCarthy of The Guardian opined that many in Great Britain were angered by Romney’s admission, as there has always been a great deal of mystery surrounding the famed intelligence agency.
“I can only say that I appreciated the insights and perspectives of the leaders of the government here and opposition here as well as the head of MI6 as we discussed Syria and the hope for a more peaceful future for that country,” Romney said during a press conference Thursday.
When asked for comment, MI6 did not specifically acknowledge a meeting between Romney and Sawyers, but rather stated,“Sir John Sawers meets many people, but we don’t give a running commentary on any of these private meetings.”
MI6 has gained fame through the fictional depiction of the agency in James Bond movies, but, as McCarthy points out, there was no public acknowledgement of the UK’s version of the CIA until 1994.
“For our American readership, this isn’t like bragging you just met David Petraeus. The British take on the national secret intelligence service comes with an extra-heavy dollop of the whole secret thing,” McCarthy wrote.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/27/british-pre...
Romney is a friggin' idiot. We've been through bad Bush foreign policy, enough already!
Read this part again:

When asked for comment, MI6 did not specifically acknowledge a meeting between Romney and Sawyers, but rather stated,“Sir John Sawers meets many people, but we don’t give a running commentary on any of these private meetings.”

What running commentary did Romney give having just met with the guy? He supposedly meets "many people". Are all of these people sworn to secrecy they even met with the guy?

Who ISN'T talking about Syria and hoping for a good outcome?
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696070
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

10

10

6

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Krauthammer and I part ways on this. He's still a brilliant commentator.
He's right on the money 99.9% of the time - especially when it comes to his insight on Obama and his administration...you know, the important stuff.
Absolutely Correct,A exeptional mind..One of the truly
great US GOVT Political Commentators..

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696071
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

9

7

6

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Obama's not a journalist!! DUH
But you can let us know when Krauthammer wins a Nobel Peace Prize.
ROFLMAO
"nutsucker"
Just what the heck is nobama?
- A loser - yes
- Out of touch - yes
- A liar - yes
- Transparent - no
- Effective - no
- Clueless - yes
- Egotistic - yes
- Honest - no
- Out of touch - yes
- Far left leaning - yes
- Big spender - yes
- Tax lover - yes
Peace
KMA
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#696072
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

10

10

10

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Read this part again:
When asked for comment, MI6 did not specifically acknowledge a meeting between Romney and Sawyers, but rather stated,“Sir John Sawers meets many people, but we don’t give a running commentary on any of these private meetings.”
What running commentary did Romney give having just met with the guy? He supposedly meets "many people". Are all of these people sworn to secrecy they even met with the guy?
Who ISN'T talking about Syria and hoping for a good outcome?
Carol they tried to downplay it but the cat was already out of the bag because of dumbass Mitt. You friggin amaze me, if Obama did this you'd be screeching about it for years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Jacques from Ottawa 174,970
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min edogxxx 97,563
Abby 7-29 12 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-28 14 min edogxxx 17
Am 7-29 16 min edogxxx 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 33 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,418
Six-year-old girl watches in horror as police '... 35 min hands on AR 5
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••