Range Rover crash: Bail hearing for Oliver Karafa today in Mount Pleasant accident

Apr 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Toronto Star

The motorist charged in a horrific crash that left his passenger dead early Tuesday is due in court Wednesday for a bail hearing.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 89 of89
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
george007

Bratislava, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Guys you will be suprised about the accident as soon as you hear a true story about who was really driving a car. Donīt you think that it is really strange that Oliver was completely unharmed after this horrible accident? Have you seen the car? Nobody would be able to survive. I think there must have been another driver or.....?
stacey

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

realitycheck wrote:
You people are pathetic. We did crazy stuff, Oliver is a good kid?? Are you bloody insane?? This little rich boy was driving a range rover at 150+ KM PER HOUR on Mt Pleasant while hammered!! This isn't 80 in a 60, this is complete utter recklessness with absolutely no regard for anything or anyone. A stupid mistake due to alcohol....wow. A guy is dead and that is a stupid mistake due to alcohol? Prosecute this little puke to the fullest extent of the law and throw away the keys forever. Show him the photos of what happened to David and the crime scene. Absolutely pathetic that you "people" have come to the defend actions like this.
Did I say he shouldn't be punish for his actions? Do you even know this person I never said he shouldn't be punish I was just merely talking about the driver and the victim, so u need to calm the hell down. The person your suppose to be getting heated with is your prime minister, law system, judge , jury and when you do that then come act like a fool on the net cause they are the ones who is gonna feel sorry for driver and put him back on the street and then what would you say? So keep your smart comments to yourself, u should show some respect for the families and let justice prevail and yea 'shut up'.
stacey

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

If some of you people read the news you will see he is clearly ban from driving, going into a bar or leaving the country who's to say what else is coming his way. None of us was there to know what happened, honestly the justice system here sucks so why even have faith in it, no doubt he is gonna get punish, but why leave all these ridiculous comments which aint making a differences you same ppl who wanna get heated take that shit to the justice system and stop trying to created an arguement whatever the outcome is we as canandians have to deal with it regardless instead we use this comments page to send out condolences and respect to the victim cause they are the one hurting you people wanna argue about something we have no control off. Make me sick
Luke

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Listening to you defend him makes me laugh. I went to school with Oliver when he was living in Windsor, he was one of the most (I would say most but everyone would believe I would be exaggerating) egotistic people I have eer met in my life. He came with a silver spoon up his ass, since he came off the boat from Slovakia with his family owning a cookie factory. He particularly enjoyed looking down at other people, he would be the type to go around calling girls fat, commenting on people wearing the same outfits twice in one week, calling people ugly, bullying socially awkward kids and reminding them no
one likes them (I'm thinking of a particular student with ADHD who was very disfunctional) despite the face he himself was neither exceedingly intelligent or athletic or in possession of any other outstanding qualities if you don't count the privilege of wearing designer labels payed for by daddy.

All I can say is when he left I Knew one day his ego would catch up to him but I could never have imagined to this extent. I didn't or would never have wished this upon him but all I can say is retribution must be served to the victims family, not community service of house arrest, but jail time. He shouldn't get away with a bird sentence because his family is rich and can here a big lawyer and he doesn't have a record. A man has died because of his actions!!!

His parents did a good job raising him. Koodos to them for giving him a range rover and creating him an ego that ended up responsible for the tragic death of this young man.
true

Thornhill, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

true
true

Thornhill, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

This story makes me thirsty.
important person

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Whatever happened to this case? I hope they locked him up for life with no chance of parole. Karafa is not harmless. How can a murderer be called harmless? Oliver karafa murderer.
update final sentencing

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

so what was the final results, and to regards to the last comment how can a murderer be harmless. It was an accident get that straight ok. He didn't get in his SUV thinking hey im gonna trash my car and kill my friend. Another thing the victim,
should of used some better judgement on the matter when it was unfolding to the fatal end results. He should of said something like hey stupid slow down that's what I would of said. But we don't know what was going on what was said in the car maybe he was egging him on to go faster or who knows its sad especially when we see all these advertising to not drink and drive. We will never change society because now we have advertising about don't text and drive!
advise for passengers

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

I just wanted to add to my comment that if I was in this kind of situation, in a car with a rectless driver. I would of pulled the keys out of the ignition and throw it out the window. You can put the car in neutral or throw the handbrake up to slow the car down. I'm just saying always fight for your life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 89 of89
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••