History of residential schools should be fully taught by public schools

Mar 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

According to a CBC News report , the Truth and Reconciliation Commission's interim report states that the true history of residential schools and its victims needs to be taught in schools.

Comments
21 - 26 of 26 Comments Last updated Mar 3, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Monsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Jonny Two Shirts wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree. Recently I read a book by Farley Mowat called Coppermine Journey. It was taken from the journals of Samuel Hearn from 1769. I also read People of the Deer by Mowat. When you read about Hearn's description of 1769 you realize many native people have not advanced since then. There are however some who have and some who have because they are mixed with white people.
Neither have the Canadian White Pops. Still as uncivilized as 1769. Still fighting their Native Canadian brothers and sisters because the Canadian Government is {INSANE}. Criminally insane. Look! They killed 50,000 Native Canadian children who were Native Canadian because of a treaty agreement they signed with the conquering nation of Britain. They are the same people the mentally and criminally insane government killed. PERIOD!!!!!!!
Hey Jonny Half-Shirt! I am glad you can see. I too, can see.
The Truth

Abbotsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Before the white man, the natives practiced genocide against other native tribes regularly.

Sometimes cannibalism, often they stole children from other tribes.

Perhaps the natives could start suing each other for their genocides over the last 5000 years.
Monsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

The potion is workin'. I meet John, one of the mentally and criminally insane inner defenders and he was delusional. I could throw him in his cells if I wanted too. Lets keep the pressure up and make him and them eat their owe sh... Hahahahahah!

Have you heard? The mentally and criminally insane government admitted to genocide of the missing and presumed dead Native children? Ya! We need to pork them into the pigsty. Hahahahahah!
simplyobserved

Thunder Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Monsokan wrote:
The potion is workin'. I meet John, one of the mentally and criminally insane inner defenders and he was delusional. I could throw him in his cells if I wanted too. Lets keep the pressure up and make him and them eat their owe sh... Hahahahahah!
Have you heard? The mentally and criminally insane government admitted to genocide of the missing and presumed dead Native children? Ya! We need to pork them into the pigsty. Hahahahahah!
Find us the words that that the Canadian Government said Genocide in their apology. The apology from Harper was what the Catholic system did, not genocide. It was abuse! What were the Churches and schools supposed to do with children that died naturally or accidents and nobody claimed them because Native Mothers and many fathers did not come back to see their own children. Native upbringing let their offspring wanderoff and let them go as young as 9 and 13 years old normally without the governmnets help. Problems long before white people and it still goes on in the Native lifestyle!
Black Dagger Monsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Since I hate illegal drug dealers i.e. those that sell Oxycontin, marijuana, bennys, and etc., I have been thinking of publishing their names (probably fake anyway) and their cell phones, but I have been scared of Christopher Hedaley. That he might protect these dirty rotten people. I have 8 names and phone numbers of this dirty rotten drug dealers. I don't know where to turn too.
Black Dagger Monsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

simplyobserved wrote:
<quoted text>
Find us the words that that the Canadian Government said Genocide in their apology. The apology from Harper was what the Catholic system did, not genocide. It was abuse! What were the Churches and schools supposed to do with children that died naturally or accidents and nobody claimed them because Native Mothers and many fathers did not come back to see their own children. Native upbringing let their offspring wanderoff and let them go as young as 9 and 13 years old normally without the governmnets help. Problems long before white people and it still goes on in the Native lifestyle!
Justice Murray Sinclair Sir!! He said that genocide was committed by the Government when they acted upon the Indian Act to set up Indian Residential Schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Thunder Bay Discussions

Search the Thunder Bay Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff Paxton (Dec '13) 5 hr Ardro 34
Native Activist Charges Art Students with Plagi... 10 hr Medewiwin 1
Liberal paralysis leaves Ontario native band po... Jul 25 Medawiwin 8
Documentary producer eyes the Ring of Fire Jul 22 Medewiwin 1
No place for nuclear dump Jul 21 Harper changed rules 2 1
No place for nuclear dump Jul 21 Canadas Fukushima 1
NDP's Andrea Horwath pushes for economy-focused... Jul 21 Medewiwin 3
•••
•••