Senate set to approve flood insurance bill in major victory for Sens. Tester, Vitter

Jun 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Hill

That would be a major victory for proponents Sen. Jon Tester , who is in a tough reelection race against Rep.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jun 23, 2012

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 23, 2012
If it's from the democratic senate, it's gonna suck.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#2 Jun 23, 2012


Spend, Spend, Spend.


Debt, Debt, Debt.


Lose, Lose, Lose.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#3 Jun 23, 2012

Here's the Problem with our current gov: It's Broke from blowing Trillions and still continues burning money

Private insurers would like to take over the program if they can offer policies at market rates. The problem is that, since flood risk is so great in this area, the premiums would be too high for many customers to afford or for state regulators to allow, sources said.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#4 Jun 23, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
Here's the Problem with our current gov: It's Broke from blowing Trillions and still continues burning money
Private insurers would like to take over the program if they can offer policies at market rates. The problem is that, since flood risk is so great in this area, the premiums would be too high for many customers to afford or for state regulators to allow, sources said.
You're broke from blowing all that frightwing nonsense and smoke out of your dumbass.
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#5 Jun 23, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
Spend, Spend, Spend.
Debt, Debt, Debt.
Lose, Lose, Lose.
Typical RINO. You spend like a drunken sailor. Then whine about the debt. And then when the bill comes and it's time to raise revenue to pay it down....you blame the other guy and pass it onto our children.

Have the political courage to let the Bush tax cuts expire. Man up! And quit your whining!

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#7 Jun 23, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>You're broke from blowing all that frightwing nonsense and smoke out of your dumbass.


Wrong Idiot.



Obama 'Devastating' For Civil Liberties

Talk of the Nation
October 10, 2011

Jonathan Turley argues in a recent op-ed in the Los Angeles Times that "the election of Barack Obama may stand as one of the single most devastating events in our history for civil liberties." He says President Obama has continued many of the most controversial Bush administration programs.

JOHN DONVAN, host: And now, the Opinion Page. After eight years under President Bush, many civil libertarians were thrilled when Barack Obama won the 2008 election. What a difference a few years make. Law Professor Jonathan Turley argues in a recent op-ed that, quote, "the election of Barack Obama may stand as one of the single most devastating events in our history for civil liberties." Now, if you supported President Obama in the last election, we want to know: How important is this issue of civil liberties to you? Will it make or break your support for the president going forward?

So Jonathan Turley, he's a law professor at George Washington University. His piece, "Obama: A Disaster for Civil Liberties," ran last month in the Los Angeles Times, and he joins us now in Studio 3A. So you say of President Obama that his election may be one of the single most devastating events in our history for civil liberties? That is very, very strong language, Jonathan.

JONATHAN TURLEY: It is a strong language, but I think civil libertarians are coming to grips with what is really a building disaster for our movement, and it's been a rather difficult process. You know, I have a large civil liberties blog, and there's a lot of soul-searching among civil libertarians about what exactly happened. But we are engaging in a sense of collective denial when we deal with President Obama.

DONVAN: You mean you're not talking about it publicly.

TURLEY: Yeah. And I think that's part of the purpose of this column, is to address the fact that President Obama is a perfect nightmare when it comes to civil liberties. He not only adopted most of President Bush's policies in the civil liberties areas when it comes to terrorism, but he actually expanded on them. He outdid George Bush.

And they range. His position on torture and refusing to have people investigated or prosecuted for torture, on privacy lawsuits. He pushed aggressively for the dismissal of dozens of lawsuits brought by private interest organizations. He's for immunity for people who engaged in warrantless surveillance. He has fought standing for people even to be able to get courts to review his programs, much like George Bush. He kept military tribunals and the authority to make the discretionary choice of sending some people to a real court, some people to a military tribunal. He has asserted the right to kill U.S. citizens based solely on his own discretion, that he believes them to be a threat to the country.

His administration has, once again, as with the Bush administration, cited secret law, that - and including a case of assassinating citizens - a law that we're not allowed to see, but we have to trust them.


http://www.npr.org/2011/10/10/141213273/op-ed...

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#8 Jun 23, 2012
Thank Idiot Obama for Bank Downgrades

06/22/2012
The Obama Record

The Obama Record: Banks' exposure to bad government risk.

Officially, Moody's said its downgrading of Bank of America, Citigroup and three other major U.S. banks was due to their "significant exposure to the volatility and risk of outsized losses inherent" in a difficult global market environment. It also cited increased pressures from government regulations.

Indeed, the Dodd-Frank Act, federal lawsuits and other anti-bank pressures generated by this administration have made that environment all the more difficult.

Consider that three of the downgraded banks — BofA, Citi and JPMorgan Chase — are defendants in a $25 billion mortgage settlement led by Attorney General Eric Holder. He calls the record sum a "small measure of relief" for alleged "victims" of "unfair" mortgages.

Holder insists he's not done shaking down banks. Pressure groups working with him say they won't be happy until banks cough up at least $350 billion.

Separately, BofA must pay $335 million to minority borrowers in an unprecedented race-bias suit.

Truth is, this administration has put banks at risk. It's a key reason they're still under stress.



http://news.investors.com/article/615930/2012...

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#9 Jun 23, 2012

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#10 Jun 23, 2012


Obama = The Food Stamp President!


What a Moron!





Why can't you loons ever mention Obama's RECORD?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#11 Jun 23, 2012
Former Obama prof: President 'must be defeated' in November

Published June 18, 2012


"He has spent trillions of dollars to rescue the moneyed interests and left workers and homeowners to their own devices," Unger said.

Obama, when he attended Harvard, took two classes with Unger -- Jurisprudence and Reinventing Democracy, according to David Remnick's book "The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama." Unger continued to correspond with Obama via BlackBerry going into the presidential campaign, Remnick reported, though Unger said he never became Obama's "friend" and kept his distance from the then-candidate out of concern that Unger's own "leftist" leanings might do "harm" to Obama.

In the recent web video, Unger's accusations against his former student become increasingly caustic. Toward the end, the professor claims Obama pursued health care reform at the expense of economic recovery.

"He has subordinated the broadening of economic and educational opportunity to the important but secondary issue of access to health care in the mistaken belief that he would be spared a fight," Unger said. "He has disguised his surrender with an empty appeal to tax justice."

He went on to say Obama "reduced justice to charity" while embodying a policy of "financial confidence and food stamps" and a "politics of hand-holding."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/18/fo...
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#12 Jun 23, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
Obama = The Food Stamp President!
What a Moron!
Why can't you loons ever mention Obama's RECORD?
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!
Republican states=highest Food Stamp usage.
Sick of Stupid

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#13 Jun 23, 2012
The only idiot in this bill is the cheesy pile of republican fecal matter David Vitter. Total piece of slime.
Moving on, Insurance is a money making business. Write the damn policies so the flood program stays alive and also manages to turn a profit from time to time instead of folding just because there are claims to pay.
It is not a spend spend spend bill. Its a help Americans bill. Republicans are sometimes the victims of floods too, Even though god loves them best....
Except for that lying disgusting no good waste of skin David Vitter.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#14 Jun 23, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
Former Obama prof: President 'must be defeated' in November
Published June 18, 2012
"He has spent trillions of dollars to rescue the moneyed interests and left workers and homeowners to their own devices," Unger said.
Obama, when he attended Harvard, took two classes with Unger -- Jurisprudence and Reinventing Democracy, according to David Remnick's book "The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama." Unger continued to correspond with Obama via BlackBerry going into the presidential campaign, Remnick reported, though Unger said he never became Obama's "friend" and kept his distance from the then-candidate out of concern that Unger's own "leftist" leanings might do "harm" to Obama.
In the recent web video, Unger's accusations against his former student become increasingly caustic. Toward the end, the professor claims Obama pursued health care reform at the expense of economic recovery.
"He has subordinated the broadening of economic and educational opportunity to the important but secondary issue of access to health care in the mistaken belief that he would be spared a fight," Unger said. "He has disguised his surrender with an empty appeal to tax justice."
He went on to say Obama "reduced justice to charity" while embodying a policy of "financial confidence and food stamps" and a "politics of hand-holding."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/18/fo...
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/18/fo...
Read even more.. WorldNutDaily.com ...The Washington"Moonie" Times.com .

Since: Dec 07

Flint, TX

#15 Jun 23, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical RINO. You spend like a drunken sailor. Then whine about the debt. And then when the bill comes and it's time to raise revenue to pay it down....you blame the other guy and pass it onto our children.
Have the political courage to let the Bush tax cuts expire. Man up! And quit your whining!
Nobama won't let them expire. He thinks the Bush tax cuts are too important!! Extended them twice after campaigning against them in 08. Hilarious. I guess he need's to man up and admit he was wrong about it.

Since: Dec 07

Flint, TX

#16 Jun 23, 2012
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican states=highest Food Stamp usage.
District of Columbia – 23%(Not a red state, for sure!)
Mississippi – 20.8%
Tennessee – 20.1%
New Mexico – 19.9%
Oregon – 19.6%(Nope)
Louisiana – 19.3%
Michigan – 19.3%(Not a red one, either, dopey!)
West Virginia – 19%
Kentucky – 18.8%
South Carolina – 18.4%

New York, for one, saw an 11 percent increase in food stamp participation last year, and the cost of redemptions in the state rose to $5.1 billion from $4.3 billion. Today, around 15 percent of New York's population collects food benefits .
Not a red state, genius.

While the USDA calculated a food stamp participant access rate of 42 percent for 2000, the UC Berkeley study estimated a food stamp participation rate of 57 percent, once ineligible immigrants were not counted as eligible, and 80 percent, once those receiving food stamp cash substitutes were counted as receiving food stamps.

"The effect of inappropriately accounting for the high percentage of ineligible non-citizens and the cash-out of food stamp benefits for SSI recipients in California leads to estimates of food stamp participation that are too low
Illegals draining California--not a red state, brains.

L.A. County leads U.S. in hunger study
March 24, 2011 | 9:27 pm

Ah the left---Smoke, Mirrors and plain bullshit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Real Estate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cartus lays off workers (Sep '08) 11 hr 6uu6com 947
Fort Bragg Area Neighborhoods – New Listings! 11 hr 6uu6com 2
Add new comment (Feb '09) 11 hr 6uu6com 280
Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) 23 hr David Bade 65
It’s The Four For Friday Wilmington Neighborhoo... Fri deswhalen 1
New Listings in Raeford NC Neighborhoods! Thu Team Elite 1
Interesting article for first time home buyers ... Thu Zumption 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Real Estate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••