Exxon CEO blames 'illiterate' public for 'overreacting' to global warming

Jul 3, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Mail

Exxon CEO blames 'illiterate' public for 'overreacting' to global warming... as most of the nation braces of record heat and severe weather for July 4 The CEO of ExxonMobile, the world's largest oil company, admits that fossil fuels are causing the Earth to warm, but insists, it's not a big deal.

Comments
1 - 20 of 43 Comments Last updated Jul 9, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#1 Jul 3, 2012
He certainly got the 'illiterate' part right.
"Overreacting," definitely.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#2 Jul 3, 2012
Oh yes, I nearly forgot to remind all alarmists that Exxon and other fossil fuel corporations won't be far behind when it comes to supplying renewable energy goods.
They certainly won't throw the towel in if people stop buying fossil fuels.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#3 Jul 3, 2012
Tillerson, translated:

"Sorry, suckers, but you know those decades when we secretly funded all those junk science front groups like the Global Climate Coalition, to deny the scientific consensus on global warming? That was all bullshit to protect our profits, which are running at record levels. I'm sure you'll understand.

"As you know, all those scientific academies and societies were right from the start. This is real. I'll give 'em that. But that is no reason to start listening to those scientists, because they still want to interfere with oil company profits, and we can't let that happen, now can we?

"We'll solve this the Exxon way. With big proprietary projects. Trust me."
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#4 Jul 3, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
He certainly got the 'illiterate' part right.
"Overreacting," definitely.
Yes, you are describing yourself.
LoL

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jul 3, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you are describing yourself.
HE IS DESCRIBING YOU,
MELTING DOWN SQUEALING ABOUT HOW BAD IT BURNS

when you were told it's warming but in fact for the past 100 years global temps have NEVER LEFT the NORM O.N.C.E.

A CLASSICAL EXAMPLE of MARXIST TRASH believing ANY T.H.I.N.G. you are TOLD by another MARXIST.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#6 Jul 4, 2012
The funny thing is he is right about how illiterate the average american is when it comes to subjects like science and history. If people knew history then they would know that these same claims have been made in the past. That claims of doom and gloom have been made several times in the past couple of century.

If one could wave a wand and everyone in the world knew all about history then man made global warming would die within a week.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7 Jul 4, 2012
tina anne wrote:
The funny thing is he is right about how illiterate the average american is when it comes to subjects like science and history. If people knew history then they would know that these same claims have been made in the past. That claims of doom and gloom have been made several times in the past couple of century.
If one could wave a wand and everyone in the world knew all about history then man made global warming would die within a week.
You have no idea that you are describing yourself. Go to a history thread and leave us alone in this science site.
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you do it all the time. Any time something disagrees with the concept of manmade global warming is something you ignore.
The funny thing is the past tells us one and all that for last ten thousand years we have seen far more dramatic climate changes. Continental ice sheets have retreated and will disappear with the only the evidence of their existence to tell the tale.
River valleys and canyons that were mammoths once grazed and saber tooth tigers once hunted are now the home of swordfish and whales and the resting place of shipwrecks that were old when George Washington was in diapers.
What past climate change tells us that those who still believe that alarmist suffer from a case of hubris.
You nag. That's all you do.
You don't know science or mathematics. Your language sucks. Yet you nag and nag.

LOL

“WE never came from Africa!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#8 Jul 4, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea that you are describing yourself. Go to a history thread and leave us alone in this science site.
<quoted text>You nag. That's all you do.
You don't know science or mathematics. Your language sucks. Yet you nag and nag.
LOL
you are as stupid as Litesong,so are you an Injun as well, or donīt you have an excuse?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#9 Jul 4, 2012
DudTenners wrote:
<quoted text>you are as stupid as Litesong,so are you an Injun as well, or donīt you have an excuse?
Huh?

Why are you here? Find a bully site to vent your mind.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#10 Jul 4, 2012
DudTenners wrote:
you are as stupid as Litesong,so are you an Injun as well, or donīt you have an excuse?
SpamBotty's too stupid to be an injun.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#11 Jul 4, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text> too stupid to be an injun[sic].
Yes, you are.

Stay in bed.

Your career is kaput here.
Solarman

La Quinta, CA

#12 Jul 4, 2012
"Because of this, he said, the industry's biggest challenge is 'taking an illiterate public and try to help them understand why we can manage these risks.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21683... ;

Tillerson also mentioned an "Engineering" solution to an "Engineering" problem. Perhaps an "Engineered" solution would be to get rid of elitist overpaid CEOs like Tillerson and go to another form of energy, perhaps one would take a greater role in the energy they use and generate themselves. Who neds to read Mein Tillerson when they can "Engineer" their own solution.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#13 Jul 5, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea that you are describing yourself. Go to a history thread and leave us alone in this science site.
<quoted text>You nag. That's all you do.
You don't know science or mathematics. Your language sucks. Yet you nag and nag.
LOL
Could it be that you are upset about someone talking about the history of climate change? Of course that could be that every time I educate someone about the subject that person will have a harder time accepting the concept of man-made global warming.

It is also funny how you complain about my "language" when yours is even worse. I know I have room for improvement and while not perfect it has improved. As for science, I may not know it all but I am confident that I know more than you. As for mathematics, I share an office with a math expert and she has helped improve my ability in that area to the point that I tested out of the math requirements for my current course load.

As for nagging you, if I don’t nag you, you will never change. You will sit there and smugly think you are right and you have no need to improve yourself.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#14 Jul 5, 2012
DudTenners wrote:
<quoted text>you are as stupid as Litesong,so are you an Injun as well, or donīt you have an excuse?
Actually Litesong is better. I can even say that one time I agreed with Litesong. It was about ethanol in gasoline. I cannot say the same about Space Blues.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#15 Jul 5, 2012
DudTenners wrote:
<quoted text>you are as stupid as Litesong,so are you an Injun as well, or donīt you have an excuse?
You make me sick.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#16 Jul 5, 2012
Nauseous wrote:
You make me sick.
That's quite an achievement, considering you're Nauseous.
ÖŋÖ

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#17 Jul 5, 2012
DudTenners wrote:
you are as stupid as Litesong,so are you an Injun as well, or donīt you have an excuse?
What can I say, other than, CONGRATULATIONS!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#18 Jul 5, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Could it be that you are upset about someone talking about the history of climate change? Of course that could be that every time I educate someone about the subject that person will have a harder time accepting the concept of man-made global warming.
It is also funny how you complain about my "language" when yours is even worse. I know I have room for improvement and while not perfect it has improved. As for science, I may not know it all but I am confident that I know more than you. As for mathematics, I share an office with a math expert and she has helped improve my ability in that area to the point that I tested out of the math requirements for my current course load.
As for nagging you, if I don’t nag you, you will never change. You will sit there and smugly think you are right and you have no need to improve yourself.
LIAR.

You will never become a paid denier here. LOL.
LoL at PAGAN HICKS

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Jul 5, 2012
SpaceBlow wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you are.
Stay in bed.
Your career is kaput here.
EXPLAIIN you ILLITERATE H I C K

why YOU and NOT ONE SOUL YOU ARE HERE WITH UNDERSTOOD that a MAGICAL TREEMOMITUR

can not EXIST: A TREE CAN'T BE A HEAT SENSOR.

WHY DIDN'T YOU KNOW THIS?
B.E.C.A.U.S.E. Y.O.U. ARE THE I.L.L.I.T.E.R.A.T.E being T.A.L.K.E.D. ABOUT.

y.o.u. BELIEVED MAGICAL HOCKEY STICK MATH was REAL.

Y.O.U. believed MAGICAL GAS made HEAT PACKETS D.E.F.Y. GRAVITY.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#20 Jul 6, 2012
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
You make me sick.
I am sure that many could say the same about you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oil & Gas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S.-Russia sanctions rhetoric shakes companies... Mon Robert Burns 6
Sanctions for Russia will influance: Aug 31 Arthur Le 0
Higher gas prices expected after refinery fire (Aug '12) Aug 29 Tuco Blondie 10
Cabot Oil & Gas to Buy East Texas Assets; Bossi... (Jul '08) Aug 28 Bryan 12
Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest Aug 26 Robert Burns 1
WPX Energy buys and sells assets to improve mar... Aug 25 john ford 1
www.oilandgas.xyz | oil and gas international b... Aug 24 OILANDGASXYZ 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Oil & Gas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••