Big Boy coming to West Covina

Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

When Chevy's in Westfield West Covina closed its doors in May, it created an opportunity to bring new business into the evolving downtown landscape and revive an old favorite - Bob's Big Boy.
Comments
1 - 20 of 170 Comments Last updated Feb 21, 2012
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Eric in Whittier

Anaheim, CA

#1 Jul 24, 2008
Awesome. I will be there opening day!
Fed Up

Ontario, CA

#2 Jul 24, 2008
I second that!

Since: May 08

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jul 24, 2008
I hope it's nothing like the Bob's Big Boy on Miracle Mile in LA.
DESERT RAT

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Jul 24, 2008
BBB back to West Covina. Is that deja vu or what?
RiCKSGiRL wrote:
I hope it's nothing like the Bob's Big Boy on Miracle Mile in LA.
SGV resident

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jul 24, 2008
Yes! Sounds great. Been a long time since I ate a Bob's Big Boy burger with fries and a salad.
DESERT RAT

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Jul 24, 2008
I like the wedge of lettuce and blu cheese. Simple but great.

R-Girl, what's wrong with the one on Miracle Mile

Since: May 08

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Jul 24, 2008
DESERT RAT wrote:
I like the wedge of lettuce and blu cheese. Simple but great.
R-Girl, what's wrong with the one on Miracle Mile
I've gone there on my lunch hour a few times and the service is horrible.
Al Sharpton

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jul 24, 2008
RiCKSGiRL wrote:
<quoted text>
I've gone there on my lunch hour a few times and the service is horrible.
The Big Boy Combo burger itself is a total rip off of the Big Mac. I dont care because I love them both equally. Praise the Lord.
SGV resident

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jul 24, 2008
Al Sharpton wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Boy Combo burger itself is a total rip off of the Big Mac. I dont care because I love them both equally. Praise the Lord.
When I worked at McDonalds back in the late 60's, we were told the buns are made at the same place. The only difference is Bob's buns were cooked longer giving them a darker color then the Big Mac.
I agree it is hard to pass one up!

“ No Moe Mr Nice Guy”

Since: Jul 08

Bellflower, CA

#10 Jul 24, 2008
RiCKSGiRL wrote:
I hope it's nothing like the Bob's Big Boy on Miracle Mile in LA.
Whats wrong with the Miracle Mile Bob's Big Boy RiCKSGiRL ? I'v never personally ate there, but I just love a bad review.

“ No Moe Mr Nice Guy”

Since: Jul 08

Bellflower, CA

#11 Jul 24, 2008
OOPS.... I should have kept reading.
Dino

Covina, CA

#12 Jul 24, 2008
SGV resident wrote:
<quoted text>
When I worked at McDonalds back in the late 60's, we were told the buns are made at the same place. The only difference is Bob's buns were cooked longer giving them a darker color then the Big Mac.
I agree it is hard to pass one up!
Wouldn't that be Golden State Foods on 7th in Industry?

I think that Bob's was around long before McDonald's...

But, I could be wrong. There's also a Bob's in Brea, corner of Grand and Golden Springs (I think)

“ No Moe Mr Nice Guy”

Since: Jul 08

Bellflower, CA

#13 Jul 24, 2008
Wasn't their a Bob's on Vincent Ave. in West Covina near the 10 fwy.?
ANL

Monrovia, CA

#15 Jul 24, 2008
It was in Eastland Shopping Center off Citrus and 10 fwy about 15+ years ago. I can't wait for it to come back. 9 months prego and craving a hot fudge cake with ice cream. Too bad I will have to be dieting when it gets here :(
Dino

Covina, CA

#16 Jul 24, 2008
just-Rog wrote:
Wasn't their a Bob's on Vincent Ave. in West Covina near the 10 fwy.?
Used to be...

So, the headline of this article should read more like:

"Big Boy Returns to West Covina"

“ No Moe Mr Nice Guy”

Since: Jul 08

Bellflower, CA

#17 Jul 24, 2008
ANL wrote:
It was in Eastland Shopping Center off Citrus and 10 fwy about 15+ years ago. I can't wait for it to come back. 9 months prego and craving a hot fudge cake with ice cream. Too bad I will have to be dieting when it gets here :(
Remember the great "Brownies" they used to make. They would have them right at the cash register under glass, when you went up to pay your check.
DESERT RAT

Phoenix, AZ

#18 Jul 24, 2008
I think the Big Boy combo came first.

But you're right - I'll take either.
Al Sharpton wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Boy Combo burger itself is a total rip off of the Big Mac. I dont care because I love them both equally. Praise the Lord.
DESERT RAT

Phoenix, AZ

#19 Jul 24, 2008
Golden State Foods is/was a general supplier to McDonald's in the south west. I knew the CFO for Golden State Foods and he used to put on a big bash for the Rose Bowl game in the parking lot. You never had a real quarter pounder till you had it grilled fresh in the parking lot under a tent and on artifical grass.

I think the bakery, although affiliated with GSF, was under another name.
God, am I hungry now.
Dino wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't that be Golden State Foods on 7th in Industry?
I think that Bob's was around long before McDonald's...
But, I could be wrong. There's also a Bob's in Brea, corner of Grand and Golden Springs (I think)
whittier resident

La Puente, CA

#20 Jul 24, 2008
Sounds yummy, but me personally...Nothing beats a Double-Double with a ice cold shake from In-N-Out!
Fed Up

Ontario, CA

#21 Jul 24, 2008
SGV resident wrote:
<quoted text>
When I worked at McDonalds back in the late 60's, we were told the buns are made at the same place. The only difference is Bob's buns were cooked longer giving them a darker color then the Big Mac.
I agree it is hard to pass one up!
Back in the day, I used to work at Vlasic Foods in City of Industry (Orange/Valley Blvd)Some may remember it as the "pickle factory". For the humor of it, I was a Pickle Inspector...lol..
Vlasic made the dill pickle chips for McDonald's as well as Iris, Harvest Day etc...but they all had different ingredients and Quality requirements.
And can't wait to get a Big Boy milk shake!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marketing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are vitamins from USANA worth price? (Mar '08) 6 hr Kevin Trudeau 209
Web Marketer Facing Prison Claims eBay Turned A... 18 hr Philip Cohen 1
Saxmundham: Driver fumes after being hit by cig... Aug 24 SPARKY 2
Todd Starnes Atheist group fired up over pizza ... Aug 23 who cares 2
Western Refining Adds Victory Electronic Cigare... Aug 22 Txn 12
Startup attorney forms group to get more women ... Aug 22 Jack Meoff 2
State should rethink closing sheltered workshops (Oct '07) Aug 21 tim bennett 16
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Marketing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••