what does ZP mean on the inside of a diamond ring?

Posted in the Jewelry Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lisa

AOL

#1 Sep 18, 2008
I've heard it could be a maker's mark or the date? Does anybody have an idea?

Also, it has 14K on the inside, but I know what that means. Thank you!
Andre Carmello

São Paulo, Brazil

#2 Sep 22, 2008
The 14k inside the ring is only the quality of the gold. Like your ring have only 58,3% of gold on it the rest is part of silver and part of coper.
Ciao
George West

Ashland, OR

#3 Sep 22, 2008
It's probably the maker's mark.

“Search Engine Optimization”

Since: Nov 08

Canada

#4 Nov 10, 2008
It is really a peace symbol. Catching Up with the Men of one Love.
Jeff

Burnley, UK

#6 Dec 27, 2008
Hi Lisa,

A mark on the inside of the ring will usually indicate the maker, and if crafted from gold, provide a stamp to show the grade of gold used - in this instance 14 Karat gold. As Andre confirmed - 58.3% gold.

Our men's rings usually have the designer name engraved on the inside but we also provide a service to allow our customers to personalise the ring for a loved one.

Hope that helps

Jeff

www.homme-rock.com/Mens-Rings
Wendy

Milwaukee, WI

#7 Jan 22, 2009
It's probably "Zales" mark. I have an engagement from Zales also, and it is marked Zp 14K
nau

Conway, AR

#8 May 21, 2009
It is actually an equation used to size small rings.
lakeland fl

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Jun 11, 2009
yes i have a ring from zales that also has Zp and 14k inside of it
kit

Cayce, SC

#10 Jun 12, 2009
I also have a Zales ring with "Zp 14K" stamped inside. It must just be from zales.
lisa

Twin Valley, MN

#11 Sep 28, 2009
it doesnt mean it was made in tahait (sp) does it?
Katie

La Crosse, WI

#12 Oct 14, 2009
I have a ring that has Libco and Zp 14k engraved on the inside. Also from Zales. So is the consensus that its just Zale's thing?
Kayno

Calgary, Canada

#14 Dec 22, 2009
I have a ZP and mine is not from Zales.

Since: Oct 09

Nanjing, China

#16 Dec 25, 2009
Sorry!I also have no idea!
Erin

Kitchener, Canada

#17 Jun 25, 2010
I have a ZP on my while gold earrings. It says ZP 14 K. Mine is not from Zales it is from Mappins. Also, my ears react to them which makes me question if they are pure gold or not.
Priscilla

Findlay, OH

#19 Sep 29, 2011
Erin wrote:
I have a ZP on my while gold earrings. It says ZP 14 K. Mine is not from Zales it is from Mappins. Also, my ears react to them which makes me question if they are pure gold or not.
If they are marked 14k, then they are indeed gold...14k is 58.5 % pure gold, the other 41.5 % is made up of copper and other alloys, it could be that you are allergic to gold, or possibly one of the factors that make up the other 41.5 %. I would try going with 18k earrings, seeing that they are 75% pure, if that doesn't work, then go with sterling silver.
Mari

Covington, GA

#20 Dec 7, 2011
my ring is a zales engagement ring & it is from zales
jojo

Tahuya, WA

#21 Mar 23, 2012
Katie wrote:
I have a ring that has Libco and Zp 14k engraved on the inside. Also from Zales. So is the consensus that its just Zale's thing?
i think it the zp is the pierless code of how clear the diamond is. Z, zp, p, m, i dont know but i think zp is 98%-99.99% pierless diamond. Meaning the diamond is near perfect
Chrissy

Milford, PA

#22 Jul 18, 2012
It's the jewelers mark. My engagement ring is from Gordon's and it also had the zp engraving. Sales Gordon's and mapping are all incorporated by zales. . If you check the zales incorporation website, they have a list of their brands not just the three I named here and they all have the same zp marking

Since: Aug 12

Australia

#23 Aug 31, 2012
It sounds like it is probably a makers mark from the region that is has come from

i have seen all sorts of strange marks inside of rings

they usually have absolutely no meaning but to those who made them

warm regards

http://sensationcharms.com/
jenny

Machesney Park, IL

#24 Nov 9, 2012
It is definately a zales inc mark, which distributes to other companies. Rings can not be 100% gold because gold is a very soft metal and the ring would damage easily. Diamond clarity is measured in letters (H,I,J) and so on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jewelry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Could U Tell If Jewelery Is Real Gold? (Apr '06) 17 hr jayjay 1,143
Handwriting Jewelry? Tue jjjantzen 1
What makes you decide to buy jewelry from one s... Mon Kim 3
peikes jewlery 1913? Dec 21 momof6kds 1
help me identify makers mark? (Aug '08) Dec 20 Mike 364
Invicta (Where to Buy) Dec 20 katija 1
Omega necklaces Dec 19 Sue 1
More from around the web