help me identify makers mark?

Posted in the Jewelry Forum

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
longchalk

South Shields, UK

#1 Aug 4, 2008
I have a St Christopher 'silver' pendant. I live in uk but it does not have a uk hall mark. The design on the reverse is a 50's style art nouveau car with a 4 engined propellor plane flying above.This design isn't engraved but is 'raised'( I really am no expert) I've never really thought about it but I'm intrigued, I guess it's the makers mark. It says 'silver' below the design on reverse and the initials C J very small below that. Does anyone have an idea? Is it from uk with no hallmark, is it even silver. Oh, and i don't know exactly but it's 40 50 yrs old. Can you help? Be most appreciated
ty, Dan
Joan Dysico

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 5, 2008
I need help to identify markings on a 18K diamond ring. The symbols are "SF" and what looks like a triangle next to the "SF"

Since: Jun 08

Westminster, CA

#3 Aug 6, 2008
A complete British hallmark includes:

A sponsorís mark, indicating the manufacturer, or sponsor, of the article by initials of the individual or firm responsible
A standard mark, certifying the precious metal content
The fineness stated as parts per thousand or as karatage
The location of the assay office responsible for certifying the article
The date letter, showing the year in which the article was hallmarked (This became voluntary as of January 1, 1999)
The British hallmark for gold includes all five stamps. The standard mark for gold is a crown.
Vera New

Lakeland, FL

#4 Sep 19, 2008
Hi,

I have a pair of earrings that I have had 2 jewelers look at and both of them can't tell me the maker mark. The earrings are 14K and each earring has a total weight of 1 carat of diamonds. The makers mark is a diamond hallmark with a captial "T" inside the diamond mark. Can you assist me with determing who made these earrings? Thank you, Vera New
wolfeman

Denver, CO

#5 Oct 9, 2008
I have a antique diamond ring with one larger diamond in the middle and one smaller diamond on each side 18KHGE and A with a circle around it printed inside the band. Also on inside the band directly under the diamonds is hand pin nailed gold. the ring itself is gold with either silver pewter or white gold cast over with the gold accents showing throughout top half. Could this ring be worth much besides sentimental values?
desdemona1013

United States

#6 Dec 6, 2008
wolfeman wrote:
I have a antique diamond ring with one larger diamond in the middle and one smaller diamond on each side 18KHGE and A with a circle around it printed inside the band. Also on inside the band directly under the diamonds is hand pin nailed gold. the ring itself is gold with either silver pewter or white gold cast over with the gold accents showing throughout top half. Could this ring be worth much besides sentimental values?
Question is, are the diamonds REAL? Have they been tested? HGE usually stands for "Heavy Gold Electroplate" and I'd be suspicious of diamonds being cast in anything other than solid gold.
CSHartman

Saginaw, MI

#7 Dec 22, 2008
I have a gold band (don't know if real). No gold content marking. Has mark on inside of band with a sideways capital W and then XXX. Can anyone help me?
Barbara

Little Rock, AR

#8 Dec 24, 2008
I recently purchased a 14 ct diamond bracelet with a makers mark of AN. It is 18k gold. Do you know the maker?
Carolyn

Columbia, SC

#9 Dec 29, 2008
Am trying to identify the makers mark on a marked 14k ring. It says 14k--then has what looks like house or cabin next to the 14k. Any info would be appreciated.
Jane

UK

#10 Jan 5, 2009
Hi i am trying to find the maker of two very large gold pendants I have. People refer to them as ragdoll and naught boy, both have the name/intials DAN and serial numbers. I need to find out as the naughty boy pendant has lost his leg.

many thanks
nicole

Australia

#11 Feb 6, 2009
i just found a gold ricordo-del-battesimo medallion on a golg chain, they ar both stamped with the 750 mark, which i understand now to mean 18ct gold, but does anyone know the makers mark/ its 336VI on the medallion, and 171AR on the necklace
roy

Oxford, UK

#12 Feb 15, 2009
can anyone help me with this please,I have a Dunhill Rollagas lighter which I believe is gold,they it bears these marks which appear as follows. H. 9 .375 lions head h Can anyone tell me who the maker(H) was? The last mark is a small letter h (lower case) in italic style.Any help in identifying these marks would be very much appreciated
Al of IL

Lake Forest, IL

#13 Mar 28, 2009
CSHartman wrote:
I have a gold band (don't know if real). No gold content marking. Has mark on inside of band with a sideways capital W and then XXX. Can anyone help me?
Interesting - as I have the same type - Mother told me that it had been her fathers but don't know what the imprint means
LADONNA

Woodward, OK

#14 Mar 29, 2009
CSHartman wrote:
I HAVE A BAND LIKE THIS TOO. THE W ACCORDING TO MY RESERCH IS FOR THE JR WOOD & SONS JEWELRY COMPANY OF BROOKLYN NY. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE XXX STANDS FOR, SO GOOD LUCK AND HOPEFULLY SOMEONE WILL RESPOND.
FiN

Perth, Australia

#15 Mar 31, 2009
I have a locket with the makers mark of T+H on the back. Can anyone help with who this is?
steve

Sale, UK

#16 May 8, 2009
Have a gold bangle trying to identify maker
JES can anyone help .Thanks
nancy

Running Springs, CA

#17 May 11, 2009
I found a ring in a drawer of a desk purchased at the Salvation army. It's gold rimmed around a concave transparent whitish rock. there's a gold star in the center, with a pentagram inside. There are letters around the inside of the pentagram...R A T A L, and another symbol, maybe a pentagram in the very center. Each point of the 5-pointed star has a gold symbol in it. Hard to make out. One looks like a tree or an arrowhead.I can't quite make out the others, same basic shape..one might be a lightning bolt. Each point has a different color field behind the symbol. colbalt blue, aqua, pale blue, light green & I think red.I would email a picture of it if you could tell me where to mail it.
Halo

AOL

#18 May 12, 2009
I just purchased a 18kt roadrunner pin his breast is made up of 1-1/2 carats high quality diamonds with G clarity and he has a ruby eye. I was told it was vintage has a maker mark H which is is marked in scroll.
Any ideas. A gemologist thought it might be Harry Winston. The pin is approx. 1" long weighs 13 grams of gold. Please email me at h.halo@yahoo.com
Thank you
adrian
#19 May 16, 2009
have a silver antique st christopher pendent impressed makers initials overlapped A R or A P R can you identify
sadie

Athol, MA

#20 Jun 10, 2009
CSHartman wrote:
I also own a similar ring I inherited from my grandmother. After much research I have learned the sideways w stands for J.R. Wood and Sons Jewellers from New York City.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jewelry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Could U Tell If Jewelery Is Real Gold? (Apr '06) Nov 20 lou marie 1,135
convict show host at jewelery tv (Nov '07) Nov 14 PURZEL 32
I shop online. Do you? (Jan '11) Nov 8 jnjuser 40
what rings do men wear? (Aug '09) Nov 4 citrinejenifer 17
Top 10 countries to purchase wholesale Silver a... (Mar '11) Nov 3 linchongyang 28
Wholesale Sterling Jewelry - Mexico City & Quer... Nov 3 linchongyang 2
Jewelry Business Opportunity!! Nov 2 Arudi 1

Jewelry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE