Drummond: Bank foreclosures are an urban blight

Full story: Inside Bay Area
Visit a predominately African-American or Latino neighborhood in any major metropolitan area and you will more than likely find the eyesore of foreclosed homes. Full Story
Really

Greenville, SC

#1 Apr 15, 2012
I guess cause heartless mortgage co./Banks have tons of forclosed black single parent homes,due to first-hired first-fired layoffs..and hispanics picking up and moving in the night cause they weren't suppose to get houses in the first place cause they were ILLEGAL!
So tough!
Prophecy

Dayton, OH

#2 Apr 16, 2012
Well,no. That isn't what happened.

Back in 2007 Barney Frank, and Christopher Dodd, both Democrats, passed legislation forcing banks to give mortgages to people they knew could not repay their loans.
That legislation is the cause of today's recession and housing market implosion.
The banks were not preditors, they were forced to make the loans and layoffs had nothing to do with it, there are just some people who are not currently credit worthy who should not have mortgages.
It's a prime example of governmentmeddling where it doesn't belong. For more facts read "Reckless Endangerment" by Gretchen Morgansen of the New York Times.
Really

Alexis, NC

#4 Apr 17, 2012
Prophecy wrote:
Well,no. That isn't what happened.
Back in 2007 Barney Frank, and Christopher Dodd, both Democrats, passed legislation forcing banks to give mortgages to people they knew could not repay their loans.
That legislation is the cause of today's recession and housing market implosion.
The banks were not preditors, they were forced to make the loans and layoffs had nothing to do with it, there are just some people who are not currently credit worthy who should not have mortgages.
It's a prime example of governmentmeddling where it doesn't belong. For more facts read "Reckless Endangerment" by Gretchen Morgansen of the New York Times.
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/p...
here propecy....
Prophecy

Dayton, OH

#5 Apr 17, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/p...
here propecy....
Oh boy. I'm not talking about survivalist propaganda, I'm talking about what really happened.
Really

Bowling Green, SC

#6 Apr 17, 2012
Prophecy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy. I'm not talking about survivalist propaganda, I'm talking about what really happened.
It's always propaganda till it hits your doorstep...like midway!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foreclosures Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phoenix Real Estate: Low Demand for Homes, High... (Apr '14) 18 hr SandyWilliams 3
Paulson seeks rest of bailout (Dec '08) Sep 28 Swedenforever 12
Bank Of America Improves Foreclosure Image (Oct '12) Sep 23 Across the Ocean 4
How Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac Were Saved Sep 21 jmyers 1
Maps Illustrate Mortgage-Lending Boom and Bust ... Sep '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
With no place to go (Apr '11) Sep '14 Carly Winegarten 191
Home foreclosures continue to rise (Apr '09) Sep '14 slipping housing ... 3

Foreclosures People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE