Inver Grove Cub Foods to Close?

Jul 16, 2012 Full story: Patch.com

Eden Prairie-based Supervalu-owner of Cub Foods stores- told Finance & Commerce last week that it plans to slash $250 million in operational costs over the next two years.A Minnesota is the home of 67 Cub Foods stores and while nothing has been decided yet about which stores are in trouble,A according to Supervalu spokesman Jeff Swanson, the ... (more)

Full Story
Lizard king

Spring Valley, IL

#1 Jul 17, 2012
What a shame I have worked for Supervalu for 13 years it has been a great place to work but this news is distracting I feel I have been lied to and cheated I can only hope someone buys them and can run business the right way I feel buying jewel albertsons was a bad business move and destroyed Supervalu it is a shame that some people's wrong decisions can impact such great amount of people it is sad that middle class people are losing their jobs due to bad business
Abby

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jul 22, 2012
If you have ever shopped at a Walmart, then it is you, who are causing this problem, and if you work at Cub, since most positions are part time, I doubt that "being middle class" is an accurate statements. Cub may not have handed you an application for state sponsered health care or food stamps, but Walmart has done just that, so including tax incentives to build a Walmart, all taxpayers have suplamented profits for a business, that continues to export slavery to poorer countries.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Book looks at costs of pork production Oct 15 Dee Dee Dee 2
Sysco Announces Senior Notes Offering Oct 14 disgusted45 1
Ore-Ida Brand Takes the Hassle Out of Homemade ... (Oct '08) Oct 8 mateus 26
General Mills announces job cuts Oct 7 Heywood Jablomee 1
Schwan Food Co. announces job cuts (Apr '08) Oct 3 stilwell 38
Sen. Cornyn visits Campbell Soup plant (Aug '07) Sep 29 Greg 3
Pop-Tarts sales have increased for last 32 years Sep '14 Kelly 1

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE