Parents warned to limit children's intake of sports, energy drinks

Full story: York Dispatch

Sports drinks aren't necessary for children and teenagers and are likely to contribute to obesity, according to U.S. researchers urging parents to limit consumption of the beverages.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jun 1, 2011
sopafo

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Most energy drinks are loaded with sugars and many times high fructose corn syrup which is has no nutritional value. Another concern with these drinks is problems with tooth decay and dental problems in general. In many Gatorade products there is high fructose corn syrup which no one should ingest. This is also in most sodas. As the article reads, these can also lead to weight gain. Just read the labels and avoid high sugars.
When will it end

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Cause American kids are just plained out LAZY they sit on their ass and watch TV or play video games so much that they can't even spell routine physical activity, none they less actually try to do it, Mostly because parents do not give a crap and those who do are scared that their child will get beat up or caught in a drug deal gone bad so until the city actually places a police officer in every park American kids will just stay fat and play those video games Sad but true ....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••