Copart To Defend VB2 in Manheim Lawsuit

Full story: Auto Remarketing

Copart Inc. announced it is planning a vigorous defense of the lawsuit filed earlier this month by Manheim, alleging Copart's VB2 and related products are a patent infringement of Manheim's "Electronic On-Line ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 788 Comments Last updated Jun 26, 2014
First Prev
of 40
Next Last
pack

Since: Jan 06

Clarksville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2006

Are Manheim's claims with or without merit?
BUYER COPART DEALER

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2006

Judged:

100% NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR COPART
FOR COPART RUN AND DRIVE
= CAR START ENGINE KNOCK , OIL BURN, THIS CAR NEED 100% NEW ENGINE
FOR COPART RUN AND DRIVE
TRANSMISSION BAD BUT MOVE THE CAR VEY SLOW FRONT OR REAR THIS CAR NEED TRANSMISSION
COPART LIST THE CAR PICS
WHEN THE CAR AARIVING FROM COPART MISSING PARTS FROM THE CAR
COPART DON'T HAVE FORUMS, AND FEEDBACK IS A BIGER LIER COMPANY
other buyer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2006

Judged:

BUYER COPART DEALER wrote:
100% NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR COPART
FOR COPART RUN AND DRIVE
= CAR START ENGINE KNOCK , OIL BURN, THIS CAR NEED 100% NEW ENGINE
FOR COPART RUN AND DRIVE
TRANSMISSION BAD BUT MOVE THE CAR VEY SLOW FRONT OR REAR THIS CAR NEED TRANSMISSION
COPART LIST THE CAR PICS
WHEN THE CAR AARIVING FROM COPART MISSING PARTS FROM THE CAR
COPART DON'T HAVE FORUMS, AND FEEDBACK IS A BIGER LIER COMPANY
wa wa wa, stop your crying and buy a new car you cheap bastard. what do you expect when you are buying salvaged cars!
Vehicle Transport

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2006

Judged:

We offer great prices on transporting auction vehicles. We are California based and move vehicles nationwide for online auction buyers. Contact us for your next quote 760-868-4932 M&H Logistics delivermywheels.com
salvage

Klaipeda, Lithuania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2006

I agree on Dealers post, it also came to my attention when talking with my colleagues. btw, someone dropped nice link to lists of sold vehicles in copart - www.lotlist.net
Alex

Ephrata, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2006

Judged:

I AGREE COPART IS LYING ABOUT CONDITION OF THE CARS, i PERSONALLY BOUGHT COUPLE CARS FROM COPART, ONE WAS WITH BED ENGINE, ONE MY FRIEND BOUGHT BMW X5, HE PAID 20000$, ON THE PICTURES THE CAR WAS WITHOUT DAMAGE, BUT WHEN HE GO PICK UP THE CAR THE FRAME HAS BEEN DAMAGED, SO MANY MISSING PARTS, FRONT BUMPER COVER WAS FROM ANOTHER CAR AND THE FRONT OF THE CAR WAS WRECKED,ANOTHER GUY BOUGHT THE CAR WHEN HE GO PICK IT UP, VIHICLE WAS WITHOUT THE ENGINE! THERE ARE LYING ABOUT CONDITION OF THE CAR! BEWARE!
kim larson

Mound, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2006

Judged:

they are the worst salvage co. I have ever worked with!they are a one way company,there customer relation policy is terrible!
Butch

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2006

I been looking at VB2 cars and bidded on
afew they had what i think is the highest
bid should be a complete and take home,not
where theres another price after that then
your effert to win has been taken away,,if
any one likes Mark VIII's i got a 1996 its
pearl white and runs just fine 4,500 good
title owr email infoauctionworld@comcast.
net
Yuri

Salem, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2006

All you stupid this is a slvage auto action you need to inspect the car youself before buying it.
Morton

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2006

Judged:

CoPart..has ZERO customer loyalty , they have a rule for everything.....the customer is always wrong and will get fined.

They are the most greedy company you will ever deal with.

I have never heard a good thing about them except the fact that they have a good website.

Always assume the worst when dealing with Copart..they are what they are....greedy and rotten.
ROSEANN WAITE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2006

COPART:I FEEL THAT A BETTER SYSTEM MUST BE IN PLACE TO MOVE THE CARS AROUND WITHOUT THE USE OF FORKLIFTS WHILE THE CARS ARE IN YOUR POSESSION. I SEE TO OFTEN DAMAGE OCCURING FROM THIS SYSTEM, I REALIZE THAT THESE ARE ALL SALVAGE CARS BUT I FEEL THAT SINCE THEY ARE FOR SALE AND A DESCRIBTION OF THE CONDITION IS LISTED OTHER DAMAGE THAT OCCURS FROM THE FORKLIFT WILL CHANGE THOSE CONDITIONS AND THEREFORE THE NEW DAMAGE WILL NEVER BE NOTICE AND/OR THE CONDITION AND DESCRIBTION WILL NOT BE LISTED.I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE PROBALLY ISANT ANY OTHER FEESIBLE WAY OF MOVING THE CARS UNTIL A BETTER SOLUTION IS ADAPTED. PLEASE REPLY
salvagezone

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2006

you must inspect a car before you purchase it from copart or all your asking for us a big headache.and i dont mean pics i mean physically go to the facility and check the car out yourself or you could save alot of the guess work and purchase a salvage repairable from me and i guarantee it to start run and drive unless otherwise noted

www.salvagezone.com
Jack MeHoff

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2006

Judged:

Copart kicks ass...I dont care what you say. they are very friendly,caring, and are very good people.
ISMAEL

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2006

COPART STINK
David

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2006

My business buys a lot a cars from copart. We hate them with a passion. They are shrewd and corrupt. There is one car that we have bid on for the last four weeks, each week it is sold but it ends up on the auction list somehow the next week. We purchased this vehichle last week for $925 and had a maximium bid that was higher than that. But we did not get the car and it is on the list for next week even though we purchased this car. I have seen many instances where a car has been sold one week and then the next week it is on the sale sheet again. A lot of times it won't bring half as much as it did the week before. I heard a story about a rebuilder who copart claims has bought vehichles even though he never placed a bid. last week copart told him to pick up three vehicles that he purchased. He was out of town all week and was never on his computer. This is not some sort of computer malfunction or customers not picking up their cars because adesa, iaa, and other yards do not have this problem.
Leslie

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2006

My husband bid on a 1999/2000 Honda Accord this past Tuesday - 1795 - there was no indication of mileage and/or engine concerns. The body was in excellent condition - one thing was written - no key. We live in High Point, NC - and this is not the first time my husband has purchased a car from COPART. He picked the car up Thursday (June 1)no key; therefore, had to have it towed from Charlotte to High Point - no problem - got a key made...opened the hood - latch is located inside the car.
NO ENGINE!!!! NO ENGINE!!!
Can someone out there provide us an avenue of recourse!?! I am in the process of contacting the Better Business Bureau -
den

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2006

can any of you give ne tha pasword pleace
Darkseid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2006

I work @ a copart yard and got to tell you, its the wort place ever. corporate cant make up its mind about anything for example, when I first started they told me if a vehicles wheels are damaged i.e flat, bent out or rub on anything, we are to list it as a start only thats if it starts, now I have to mark it as a drive vehicle if it moves forward or back regardless of suspension or wheel damage. The thing is they only care on making money management is never @ fault only buyers and yard employees.
agz

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2006

Judged:

I think we should all team up and sue their ass. There has to be some accountability to the customer. Copart is flat out lying to people about vehicle condition.
agz

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2006

Darkseid, I smell a lawsuit coming sooner or later. May as well be sooner and may as well be us. We may end up with something. Have you ever heard of customers invoices being "adjusted"?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 40
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Auctions Discussions

Search the Auctions Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Wall Street protesters plan march on DA's office (Oct '11) Jul 23 JUDGE PIMPING 101 37
Copart Make Fraud to the Dealers (Jan '08) Jul 16 ECH 101
100% Free Auction Listing No Final Value Fee May '14 Pinshoppinginterest 1
New York to auction world's most famous... Feb '14 AIPAC Owns Deblasio 1
Zbids Zaps Auction Fees (Jun '07) Jan '14 daphne54 5
SADIF Analytics releases new summary due dilige... (Dec '13) Dec '13 OPERATION GREYLORD 2
Michael Jordanís Chicago House Fails To Sell Again (Dec '13) Dec '13 pinshoppinginterest 1
•••
•••