The election's big Medicare myth

Aug 13, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 284

I've got a modest proposal: You're not allowed to demand a "serious conversation" over Medicare unless you can answer these three questions: Let's be very clear on what that means: Ryan's budget - which Romney has endorsed - keeps Obama's cuts to Medicare, and both Ryan and Obama envision the same long-term spending path for Medicare.

Full Story
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#256 Aug 20, 2012
There was a man on Lou Dobbs' show who admitted we are paying half a trillion a year just in interest on the debt, and he admitted that soon enough we will be paying one trillion a year just on interest on the debt. And, he said "not until the interest on the debt is one trillion a year and we default on our debt will people stop their stuff about they paid into SS and Medicare, they are entitled." He said people have attached themselves to those two programs and they will not stop until we default on the debt.

Glenn Beck wrote in two of his books to end SS and Medicare, and he did shows about the unfunded liabilities in SS and Medicare. He was the first one to show the debt clock and say that SS and Medicare have promised people $120 trillion more than they paid in.

It was Rick Perry who said in the Republican debates that SS and Medicare have $120 trillion of debt.

It was Charles Krauthammer who said we now borrow money from China to pay people Medicare.

What is wrong with the tea party that they repeat everything Fox says and then they always block out every single thing that is said on Fox about SS and Medicare? These people are so low and so insane that they repeat all of the hate other people stuff from Fox, and then they deny and hide and block out every single time people on Fox talk about SS and Medicare. The tea party is so stricken with greed for money they they block out the truth when they hear it, and Fox does more stories on the debt in SS and Medicare and on ending SS and Medicare than anything else. Yet the tea party pretends they never heard it. This is the definition of insanity.

Those people on Fox are telling you to hate Democratic politicians so that they can control the elections. They were never telling you to hate other people, to hate citizens. You guys don't even get what they are doing nor what they are saying to you, and you block out the part about SS and Medicare. It's like greed to insanity, and this nutty stuff is sold as these people are some big patriots and are smart and independent. It's crazy people flattering themselves who think the TV is telling them to hate on everyone in the country.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#257 Aug 20, 2012
okb2 wrote:
If Romney's Medicare plan is so good, why shouldn't he implement it immediately upon election?
OBAMA- WHY USE THE TRUTH WHEN A LIE WORKS……

• Fact Check: Obama running against outdated version of Ryan Medicare plan

• The Obama campaign would like voters to believe that Paul Ryan's Medicare plan would "end Medicare as we know it" -- privatizing the whole system and costing seniors more than $6,000 extra a year. But the campaign has effectively been running against the wrong Ryan plan.

• LIBERALS CAN’T PLAY ON A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#258 Aug 20, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Proves the stupid government can't run health care.
It cuts payment to providers.
Providers won't accept Medicare if payments are too low.
B.S.

Medical care for our military is among the best in the country and the world, as it should be. And military doctors do that for less than a THIRD of what civilian doctors receive in salary & compensation.

Providers are NOT going to reject fully HALF their patient base just because they have to make a little less profit than before.

Location hidden

#259 Aug 20, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
B.S.
Medical care for our military is among the best in the country and the world, as it should be. And military doctors do that for less than a THIRD of what civilian doctors receive in salary & compensation.
Providers are NOT going to reject fully HALF their patient base just because they have to make a little less profit than before.
Call me when the politicians do the same.

Location hidden

#260 Aug 20, 2012
I'd rather have a rich doctor and a poor politician.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#261 Aug 20, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
B.S.
We both know you are wrong on salary and compensation so I won't even ask for a link.

Mil. docs don't need big bucks to fight off " Lawyer dogs " nor pay their staffs, buy med equip., rent an office as do private practice docs.

Where do you LEFTIES come up with these claims.

Yeah , I'm sure some Hollywood docs and some surgeons do well but not every doc gets paid near what you claim...300% more .
harvey

Columbus, OH

#263 Aug 20, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
By customer use.
The Saudi Royal family regularly sends it's members to U.S. hospitals by passing closer France , Germany and the U.K.
Canada has nationalized health insurance but frequently sends patients in the Vancouver/B.C. area to hospitals in the Metro Seattle area because they are better equiped in diagnostic high tech and can react quicker getting patients in for serious situations as the American wait average time is considerably shorter than the Canadian wait time.The Canadian gov't pays the bill to these U.S. hospitals.
So how is your fender bender gig doing ?
Americans constantly go overseas for operations, particularly in boutique 'foreigners only' hospitals in Thailand, India, etc. because they have high-quality staff and perform surgeries for about a third the price.

We spend literally TWICE what any other country spends per capita on health care.

That's the fault of commercial insurance and for-profit care.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#264 Aug 20, 2012
The real ‘outsourcer’: Obama sends jobs fleeing ( unionleader.com )

As President Obama was attacking Mitt Romney for supposedly “outsourcing” jobs when he ran Bain Capital (a charge disputed by The Washington Post’s fact checker), tens of thousands of Americans were fleeing the Obama economy to find work in Canada.

Location hidden

#265 Aug 20, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans constantly go overseas for operations, particularly in boutique 'foreigners only' hospitals in Thailand, India, etc. because they have high-quality staff and perform surgeries for about a third the price.
We spend literally TWICE what any other country spends per capita on health care.
It's because government got involved with health care and as with anything it gets involved with, quality goes down and cost goes up.

US Post Office vs. Fed-X
Private Schools vs. Public Schools
Private Hospitals vs. Public Service Care
Department of Energy vs Private Companies
Car companies with unions vs non union
EPA
OSHA
Everything government touches reduces quality and efficiencies.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#266 Aug 20, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on we spend to much.

I disagree on why.

Think...who wastes more than the DOD , why ? They have a monopoly on national defense. Now you want another monopoly and it going to cost less ????A monopoly on 1/6 of our economy.

Ha..ha.
sick of ignorance

Van Wert, OH

#267 Aug 20, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>It's because government got involved with health care and as with anything it gets involved with, quality goes down and cost goes up.
US Post Office vs. Fed-X
Private Schools vs. Public Schools
Private Hospitals vs. Public Service Care
Department of Energy vs Private Companies
Car companies with unions vs non union
EPA
OSHA
Everything government touches reduces quality and efficiencies.
You are good for a laugh! WOW!!!

Tawas City, Michigan

#268 Aug 20, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
We both know you are wrong on salary and compensation so I won't even ask for a link.
Mil. docs don't need big bucks to fight off " Lawyer dogs " nor pay their staffs, buy med equip., rent an office as do private practice docs.
Where do you LEFTIES come up with these claims.
Yeah , I'm sure some Hollywood docs and some surgeons do well but not every doc gets paid near what you claim...300% more .
Do you know ANY civilian doctor more than a year out of med school who isn't rich?

Me neither.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#269 Aug 20, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know ANY civilian doctor more than a year out of med school who isn't rich?
Me neither.
Do you still beat your wife?

The hospitals are loaded with them as they do 3-8 years of internship working 80 hours a week for an average of $57,000 .

A plumber will make $57,000 if he works 80 hours a week if not more.

A doctor does 8 years of education plus 3-8 residency or internship before the bucks start to roll in.

What's with you LEFTIES ?

Ignorance is bliss ?

Your too easy.... try again.

Hell I'll just start considering you a dumb ass political troll and ignore you.

Tawas City, Michigan

#271 Aug 21, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you still beat your wife?
The hospitals are loaded with them as they do 3-8 years of internship working 80 hours a week for an average of $57,000 .
A plumber will make $57,000 if he works 80 hours a week if not more.
A doctor does 8 years of education plus 3-8 residency or internship before the bucks start to roll in.
What's with you LEFTIES ?
Ignorance is bliss ?
Your too easy.... try again.
Hell I'll just start considering you a dumb ass political troll and ignore you.
Feel free to ignore me, but it won't change the simple fact that all doctors are rich.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#272 Aug 21, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to ignore me, but it won't change the simple fact that all doctors are rich.
Hey Ignorance is Bliss.

Last go around with you on this subject.

Ave. GP makes $120,000 , rich to a Dem troll but not me.

Here is ave. doc payscale.

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/People_wi...

Troll on and have a nice day.

Location hidden

#273 Aug 21, 2012
sick of ignorance wrote:
<quoted text>
You are good for a laugh! WOW!!!
You're good for Media Matters

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#274 Aug 21, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Me neither.
Oh, you mean rich like $250 grand a year rich, like your President sez?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/...

Tawas City, Michigan

#275 Aug 21, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ignorance is Bliss.
Last go around with you on this subject.
Ave. GP makes $120,000 , rich to a Dem troll but not me.
Here is ave. doc payscale.
http://www.payscale.com/research/US/People_wi...
Troll on and have a nice day.
Median income for a person over age 18 in America is about $30,000. That mean half the adults in the country make LESS than $30,000 and half make MORE than $30,000.

$30,000

Anyone making more than $100k make more than 93% of the population.
They are in the top 7% of all wage earners.

So YES, anyone making over $100k is indeed rich.

Tawas City, Michigan

#276 Aug 21, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean rich like $250 grand a year rich, like your President sez?
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/...
Anyone who makes more than $100k a year is rich.

They make more than 93% of all other wage earners.

Yes, they're rich.

Now start crying about how hard it is to get by on only $250k a year when the average American makes about $30k.

Location hidden

#277 Aug 21, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Median income for a person over age 18 in America is about $30,000. That mean half the adults in the country make LESS than $30,000 and half make MORE than $30,000.
$30,000
Anyone making more than $100k make more than 93% of the population.
They are in the top 7% of all wage earners.
So YES, anyone making over $100k is indeed rich.
U.S. Median Annual Wage Falls To $26,364 As Pessimism …
Huffington PostOct 20, 2011 · Americans' wages are falling, perhaps a reason why pessimism about their personal finances is now the lowest it's been in a decade. The annual median …

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comcast to U.S. senator: no plans to create Int... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 3
King Cobra Muffler Business Tip of the Day 4 hr King Cobra Muffler 1
Verizon promises no Internet a fast lanesa 6 hr Kid_Tomorrow 1
King Cobra Muffler Motivational Quote of the Day: 7 hr King Cobra Muffler 1
King Cobra Muffler Trivia Question 10-30-14 9 hr King Cobra Muffler 1
King Cobra Muffler Trivia Answer 10-29-14 9 hr King Cobra Muffler 1
Motorcycle dating sites review and things we fi... 13 hr thomas 1

Business News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE