Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

Sep 12, 2007 | Posted by: The Canadian Press | Full story: The Canadian Press

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Comments (Page 187)

Showing posts 3,721 - 3,740 of4,504
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

aspectman wrote:
<quoted text>
A boy can dream? You dream of events that kill people?
Wow. I really hope you don't work at LIM/Atlas, it's scary thinking some nut hopes thousands die in terrorist attacks so he can feel special and say "told ya so!!!!".
Typical union troll having to pose as someone else.

There was major tragic event during the games. Look how many times canada got screwed!
you are dickered

Oshawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Atlas workers do you think Loblaws brought in logistics in motion because they felt Atlas was to hard on you, Or Atlas was not getting the job done, I am sure the new bosses will be harder and what happens when your contract is up ? bye bye caw,
aspectman

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

you are dickered wrote:
Atlas workers do you think Loblaws brought in logistics in motion because they felt Atlas was to hard on you, Or Atlas was not getting the job done, I am sure the new bosses will be harder and what happens when your contract is up ? bye bye caw,
Big green will not let this happen!

He will make lim keep your union
He will get you all more money
He will get your prod rate dropped
He will get you everything you want and more cuz he is watching the caw stand up to the big 3 auto companies and knows you all should be paid just as much as auto workers
Just an Atlas Lackey

Bowmanville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

aspectman wrote:
<quoted text>
You own shit
Typical union thinking!
Come jan 1 you are screwed!
Agreed. RTO is just one of those douchebags who sits on his seniority like an egg he's trying to hatch. Hey RTO... fuck your seniority. We all work in the same shithole. ever read animal farm?(assuming you can read) How fitting that you're one of the pigs who sees himself above the rest. Oh my god you got hired before me!! Lmao The sad part is thats your greatest life achievement, handing a resume into atlas. Grow a fucking brain. Get off of this forum for a few days. Its making you more bitter and jaded than working at atlas ever can. Besides.... how do you know what my seniority is? Can you even see from under that desk?
Gimme dat VTO

Bowmanville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

rto wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you wish you had my seniority
I guess its always nice to dream about your union brothers that are ahead of you losing their jobs but wake up idiot.We have a CBA and we own Logistics in Motion before they even take over the building ;)
RTO is just one of those douchebags who sits on his seniority like an egg he's trying to hatch. Hey RTO... fuck your seniority. We all work in the same shithole. ever read animal farm?(assuming you can read) How fitting that you're one of the pigs who sees himself above the rest. Oh my god you got hired before me!! Lmao The sad part is thats your greatest life achievement, handing a resume into atlas. Grow a fucking brain. Get off of this forum for a few days. Its making you more bitter and jaded than working at atlas ever can. Besides.... how do you know what my seniority is? Can you even see from under that desk?
Gimme dat VTO

Bowmanville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

rto wrote:
hey aspect guy $19.00 is not very much money infact in the industry we are right near the bottom for top rate at our warehouse.
What is the top rate at Aspect?
Dude we are not gready ;)
Learn how to spell retard!
gimme dat VTO

Bowmanville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Prophet wrote:
Oh well. I guess the earth won't get hit with a solar flair this year either knocking out power to half the worlds population for 6 months.
A boy can dream can't he.
I guess world economic collapse is out of the question too.
Do you think Walmart will let me return all that tin foil... after December 21st 2012 off course (I wll hold onto it till then just in case).
Oh well. I guess the earth won't get hit with a solar flair this year either knocking out power to half the worlds population for 6 months.

A boy can dream can't he.

I guess world economic collapse is out of the question too.

Do you think Walmart will let me return all that tin foil... after December 21st 2012 off course (I wll hold onto it till then just in case).
atx
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

gimme dat VTO
<< I know my job is safe because I actually know how to do it. Cheat Cheat Cheat Cheat. If you can't beat us.... join us.... Oh and about the Atlas spies... I'm one of 'em muahahahah!!!!>>

lookout
<<be aware employees of both Atlas and Americus...are there for no other reason then to glean information off of current employees and report back to top management...KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN>>

Just an Atlas Lackey
<<They don't need spies. There's enough snitches on the floor as is.>>

Tired of it
<<..Anyone who thinks they can make some change in an environment like that is a moron...Everyone just needs to work And shut the hell up.>>

I am a realist and am old enough to see and have worked for businesses where the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing...hey, it happens. I heard the damnedest thing the other day where someone used the wrong pronoun in conversation with me. It almost gave credence to the three quotes above...well at least to me. Normally, I'd blow it off as a slip but now I'm not so sure. When you go from third person plural to first person plural in conversation followed by an almost propaganda-like phrase took me by surprise.

I'm happy to have a job and I'm just gonna keep my head down, my outlook positive and do my job as best as I can. I appreciate all the help on the floor from my fellow co-workers. Great tips and advice from various sources. If I can make it work then great but if I can then I'll keep struggling/fighting til they fire me.
rto
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

or maybe they hired me first because I have 20 years forklift exp anyways it is Friday and yes I am better than you haha
aspect man

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

rto wrote:
or maybe they hired me first because I have 20 years forklift exp anyways it is Friday and yes I am better than you haha
Only cuz you cried about your ei running out after the last place fired your ass
Second thoughts

Oshawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Anyone have any thoughts on who "rto" actually is?? Other than a total douchebag.
aspect man

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Second thoughts wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts on who "rto" actually is?? Other than a total douchebag.
He is one of those people who say you must have a union to have a good work place. So what happened to the last place it worked? Why is it not there anymore if the union made it such a great place to work?
asspacked man

Whitby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

aspect man wrote:
<quoted text>
He is one of those people who say you must have a union to have a good work place. So what happened to the last place it worked? Why is it not there anymore if the union made it such a great place to work?
I was replaced when the boss said lick me and I said no. Then some douch like you came along and said yes boss I'll like you hard just the way you like it.
aspect man

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

asspacked man wrote:
<quoted text>I was replaced when the boss said lick me and I said no. Then some douch like you came along and said yes boss I'll like you hard just the way you like it.
Yet you go by the name "asspacked"

Tells us all a lot about your likes and what you do on your breaks

If you did a good job your boss would not need to give you the shaft
asspacked man

Whitby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Judged:

aspect man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you go by the name "asspacked"
Tells us all a lot about your likes and what you do on your breaks
If you did a good job your boss would not need to give you the shaft
Or was it just greed? http://rosalita54.wordpress.com/2011/08/15/lo...
aspect man

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

asspacked man wrote:
<quoted text> Or was it just greed? http://rosalita54.wordpress.com/2011/08/15/lo...
Did you read the last comment in for the artical you posted
Ptwo

Lachine, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Who thinks Jeremy O'riley is the most useless tit in the building. He repped me a few times now. Sits there with his thumb up his ass and says nothing. This is what my 40 a mth goes to?
Comment on this posting if u ppl think we should get him kicked out as rep. I talked to another rep and 67 percent vote yea and he's out!!
Fuck that dirty skid mark of a human being. Him and flowers should go into business together.
Jibber Jabber

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Ptwo wrote:
Who thinks Jeremy O'riley is the most useless tit in the building. He repped me a few times now. Sits there with his thumb up his ass and says nothing. This is what my 40 a mth goes to?
Comment on this posting if u ppl think we should get him kicked out as rep. I talked to another rep and 67 percent vote yea and he's out!!
Fuck that dirty skid mark of a human being. Him and flowers should go into business together.
When reps sit there and say nothing it's because there is nothing to say. It means you fucked up. Reps don't waive a magic wand and make you invincible to accountability. They are there as support, they file a greivance for you and the greivance gets tossed out at union management meetings because the vast majority of the diciplines are just. People who say "the rep did nothing for me" deserve the consequence.
G2 Selector

Pickering, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Ptwo wrote:
He's only been a steward since the end of April/ early May... If you've needed a rep a "few times now" and its only August, maybe you should just start doing your job properly...
Hard worker

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

G2 Selector wrote:
<quoted text>
He's only been a steward since the end of April/ early May... If you've needed a rep a "few times now" and its only August, maybe you should just start doing your job properly...
Ohhh snap !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,721 - 3,740 of4,504
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Business News Forum right now

Search the Business News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
western union money transfer (Jan '13) 5 hr gogirl 37
financial management lecture 16 hr Goh 1
marketing strategy tips Fri Lin 1
marketing planning process Fri Goh 1
analysis of business situations Fri Goh 1
I am looking for companies that make exotic ski... Thu exotic skin shoes 3
Shaw Communications to lay off 400 employees Thu Ex employee 2
•••
•••