Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jun 22, 2012
Patti

Panama City, FL

#1 Jun 19, 2012
I'm a single mom with 2 kids. Florida don't pay $hit to keep people safe & happy. I heard that boston pays for food, housing,medical free school lunches and more.I'm going to move to boston, any help on how to sign up for benefits would be appreciated.
Patti

Panama City, FL

#3 Jun 22, 2012
Is anybody out there ?
Bostonian

Newton Center, MA

#4 Jun 22, 2012
Wow, it sounds like you'd be a great addition to the Boston area tax budget. There's a great women's shelter called Rosie's Place http://www.rosiesplace.org/ and plenty of popular areas to beg for change from city commuters nearby on Massachusetts Ave. Your kids will love the freedom of inner-city living, although as new kids they may find it difficult to break into the local gangs here. The city does offer housing assistance, but only lowers the rent, doesn't pay for everything. School lunches only last during the school year though. For the summer you'll have to send them out to fend for themselves. Medical coverage is free too, but don't expect to get prescriptions like adderal and percocets with it. It mostly just covers checkups and emergency visits. There is a food stamp program, the kind with a ATM card, but they're talking about restricting it so you can't buy cigarettes and lotto tickets with it, which SUUUUCKS! lol

All in alls, I say move up here. They are lots of places to get free hand outs and more than enough stupid college kids in city government willing to show you everything. Just need to start asking around. Heck, Harvard University has free classes that teach you how to sue your landlord for not keeping the heat on during the winter. And oooh boy, coming from Florida you are going to HATE the winter here. And the summers too, they are much hotter because of humidity. Hope you can afford an AC because the city doesn't pay for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worker shocked at construction site 11 hr reality is a crutch 1
I-Team: City Taking Drastic Legal Action Agains... 11 hr reality is a crutch 1
Super rats' wreak havoc in Southie Wed reality is a crutch 1
"Spare Change Guy' Arrested...Again Wed reality is a crutch 1
Mass. Senator Ted Kennedy Died Five Years Ago Aug 25 reality is a crutch 1
Amid Unrest, Boston Leaders Visit Ferguson Aug 25 reality is a crutch 1
A Thing To Do Today in Boston Aug 25 athingtodotoday 1
•••

Boston News Video

•••