Free stuff for single moms

Posted in the Boston Forum

Patti

Panama City, FL

#1 Jun 19, 2012
I'm a single mom with 2 kids. Florida don't pay $hit to keep people safe & happy. I heard that boston pays for food, housing,medical free school lunches and more.I'm going to move to boston, any help on how to sign up for benefits would be appreciated.
Patti

Panama City, FL

#3 Jun 22, 2012
Is anybody out there ?
Bostonian

Newton Center, MA

#4 Jun 22, 2012
Wow, it sounds like you'd be a great addition to the Boston area tax budget. There's a great women's shelter called Rosie's Place http://www.rosiesplace.org/ and plenty of popular areas to beg for change from city commuters nearby on Massachusetts Ave. Your kids will love the freedom of inner-city living, although as new kids they may find it difficult to break into the local gangs here. The city does offer housing assistance, but only lowers the rent, doesn't pay for everything. School lunches only last during the school year though. For the summer you'll have to send them out to fend for themselves. Medical coverage is free too, but don't expect to get prescriptions like adderal and percocets with it. It mostly just covers checkups and emergency visits. There is a food stamp program, the kind with a ATM card, but they're talking about restricting it so you can't buy cigarettes and lotto tickets with it, which SUUUUCKS! lol

All in alls, I say move up here. They are lots of places to get free hand outs and more than enough stupid college kids in city government willing to show you everything. Just need to start asking around. Heck, Harvard University has free classes that teach you how to sue your landlord for not keeping the heat on during the winter. And oooh boy, coming from Florida you are going to HATE the winter here. And the summers too, they are much hotter because of humidity. Hope you can afford an AC because the city doesn't pay for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing (Jan '09) 53 min bigcircle247 5,604
Revere, Neighbor Districts Unite To Handle 'Urb... 1 hr Totally disgusted 3
Solar project on rebound in Lee, Lenox? Sun Solarman 5
How one city is welcoming hundreds of migrant c... Oct 16 deja 14
In book interview, Menino weighs in on Walsh's ... Oct 16 Flatulence Fred 6
Boston residents, activists rally against stop-... Oct 14 llDayo 2
Why Is Boston The Most Racist US City, Many Peo... (Aug '12) Oct 13 mplo 47

Boston News Video

Boston Dating
Find my Match

Boston Jobs

Boston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE