Bulls beat Nets 113-104

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Ben Gordon scored 29 points and Derrick Rose had nine of his 22 in the fourth quarter to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 113-104 victory over the New Jersey Nets on Saturday night.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 30 of30
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Typical Sox Fan

West Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 14, 2008
 
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>Why would anyone pay to see the Bulls right now?
Derrick Rose...
Hilsto

Belvidere, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 14, 2008
 
I don't know why anyone would want to get rid of Gordon. His points are up as is his assists (gasp) and his defense has improved. Those are the facts. Playing along side Rose means he doesn't get triple teamed like he has been every other year of his career and for Rose it means he has someone to pass to who can make a jump shot and spread the court. Now we finally have two options for end of game contribution.

This season should be used to see who can work well with Rose and who can't. So far Rose/Gordon have been working great together. It's our front court that is miserable. Noc is a game killer with wild fouls and a bad temper, Deng disappears, Gooden has no defense, Gray can't jump even a few inches off the ground, and Tyrus and Noah don't give 100% when they are fully capable of doing so. Our problem comes from them, not our back court. Heck, even Hughes is figuring things out faster than our front court.
Blegf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Dec 14, 2008
 
Art Thomas wrote:
<quoted text> Not that what you said was untrue but there is a larger story and other dimension that your comments fail to acknowledge. Everyone can't be MJ or Kobe and bring the total package of athleticism and skill to the court. Some players like Noah and Thomas will succeed and receive their acclaim when they bring energy, combativeness, hustle, height, length, speed, hops on a regular basis, especially when it affects outcomes in games, like it did last night. As has been noted previously, what the Bulls have lacked when they look bad (and that's a lot of the time) is swagger, defiance and a take-no-prisoners attitude. The Bulls last night had that and guys like Thomas, Noah, and Rose radiated that at key times during the game. You could see it in their body language when timeouts were called or when persistence paid off or when an alley-oop dunk was made. Those kind of plays are contagious, emotionally uplifting, and confidence inspiring. They can make a tangible difference in lifting this very mediocre team into at least a competitive, spirited and battling team which they are going to have to do in order to play with the better teams in the League. So, yes, if Pax could improve his front line but acquiring someone with broader skills and more physical strength/toughness, let him go for it. But in meantime, VDN and company need to maximize the finite skills, athleticism and youthful exuberance that Thomas, Noah, Sefalosha bring to the table. It can still be the difference in games when that energy, desire, and bravado are channeled positively. Last night's game is Exhibit A.
I agree that Thomas and Noah can be useful when they play like they did last night. But a high lottery pick like Thomas should be able to do a lot more than bring energy and athleticism. I know it's water under the bridge, but there's no comparison between Tyrus and Aldridge for example. That will be Tyrus' problem during his rookie contract. He wants, and is expected by others, to do more than he is capable. Centers are a different story as there aren't many of them who can play at all, so Joakim might stick with the Bulls for a second contract. Tyrus won't, I think. I also failed to mention in my previous post that both seem to have bad hands. That might be a result of their lack of strength. I've seen Noah dunk one handed, but not often Tyrus, like Tyson before he went to New Orleans, looks to be a two handed dunker only unless he gets stronger.
johnnycomelately

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Dec 15, 2008
 
Blegf wrote:
It's not just effort. Tyrus and Joakim also lack skill. Have you seen either one finish a contested shot near the basket? How about make a scoring move from 5 feet? Tyrus is especially bad in that regard as he apparently never learned to do anything other than jump over the defender - which he cannot always do in the NBA. Both also lack the strength needed to play in the post. The trouble with Tyrus, as I see it, is that he thinks he could be Rudy Gay if only given the chance. Last night for example he dribbled between his legs a few time on the perimeter for no apparent reason other than to show he could do it I guess. The difference between him and Gay (not that Gay is a star or anything as he takes way tto many bad shots) is skill. Gay can dribble and shoot. Tyrus can't. Plus, for all his physical talent, Tyrus seems somewhat uncoordinated. Terrible draft pick at 4 (or 2 really) as his upside is maybe Bo Outlaw and there were far superior players available. Joakim was picked at 9 or so, and the alternative was spencer Hawes. Not a great pick, but at least Joakim can play center.
Comments from a guy who has'nt played organized basketball since his kindergarden days. Thanks for the insight, Paxon junior
blegf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Dec 15, 2008
 
johnnycomelately wrote:
<quoted text>
Comments from a guy who has'nt played organized basketball since his kindergarden days. Thanks for the insight, Paxon junior
My kindergarden team was pretty talented, actually. Our point guard was recruited to play at a mid-major grade school.
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Dec 15, 2008
 
Lamar wrote:
Hey Art,
Another problem is, look who is the team Capt. Deng & Kurt. How can Deng justify that 71 mil. contract with is play out there on the floor. I see him trying to tell Rose, Gordon & others out there on the what they should be doing. How can they respect him ? He know's he not worth this much money and his teamates know that too. Did anyone notice how Deng was a non factor in the game. Noce, Hughes & Gordon played better D on Carter than Deng, which is sad. Why should they listen too him, he has not proven anything to me yet, I look forward when Hughes comes in the game for Deng sometimes even though I hate Larry's game, but he has some talent. Trade Deng now !!!! He is too damn weak, never goes to the basket anymore. Everyone gets on Gooden & Tyrus for taking long bad shots, how about Vinny tells that to Deng. Deng will never be a go to guy on this team when we have Rose & Gordon playing the way they are. When Deng went out the game which was for a very longtime, the Bulls went on a run & did not miss Deng at all.
We dont need Deng at all, trade him for Zach Randolph striaght up. You now have a big, who can post up & will bring toughness and swagger to your team. Once Deng is gone, you have space at SF for Noce, Larry, Thabo.
Deng is slightly overrated and slightly overpaid. He's not the problem here.
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Dec 15, 2008
 
Typical Sox Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Derrick Rose...
They're not letting him take over yet, so save your cash. They still have Gordon and Hughes in his way.
I agree, that he WILL be worth the money, then again, I will never pay to go to another sporting event for as long as I live.
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Dec 15, 2008
 
Hilsto wrote:
I don't know why anyone would want to get rid of Gordon. His points are up as is his assists (gasp) and his defense has improved. Those are the facts. Playing along side Rose means he doesn't get triple teamed like he has been every other year of his career and for Rose it means he has someone to pass to who can make a jump shot and spread the court. Now we finally have two options for end of game contribution.
This season should be used to see who can work well with Rose and who can't. So far Rose/Gordon have been working great together. It's our front court that is miserable. Noc is a game killer with wild fouls and a bad temper, Deng disappears, Gooden has no defense, Gray can't jump even a few inches off the ground, and Tyrus and Noah don't give 100% when they are fully capable of doing so. Our problem comes from them, not our back court. Heck, even Hughes is figuring things out faster than our front court.
Try these reasons:
He can't handle the ball...
He's 5-7...
He is a streaky shooter than can take a team out of the game with his attitude...
He cant' rebound...
He wants too much money...
He is a sixth man and nothing more...
He' s selfish...
He's stupid...
He's over-valued himself...
He makes nobody around him better...
I'll see if I can come up with a few others.
MIKE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Dec 15, 2008
 
Nada surf is nada smart....
Gordon is the best scorer on the team while maybe streaky but most scorers are. Gordon does make Rose better as well as forces other teams to go with a smaller line up for defense which allows that big gaping hole of an overpriced centerless line for the bulls to play with guys they might be able to handle down low. Think about it, the bulls didn't want to get rid of Deng or Noah in packages for the likes of Garnett, Bryant or Gasol... and they didn't want to reign there best scorer. time for a new front office. Vinny is not dumb, he knows if he wins he'll stick around or atleast get a better offer some place else, thats why Gordon, a guy the team doesn't have any tie to after this season is in the line up, he's gives Vinny his best chance at winning.
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Dec 16, 2008
 
MIKE wrote:
Nada surf is nada smart....
Gordon is the best scorer on the team while maybe streaky but most scorers are. Gordon does make Rose better as well as forces other teams to go with a smaller line up for defense which allows that big gaping hole of an overpriced centerless line for the bulls to play with guys they might be able to handle down low. Think about it, the bulls didn't want to get rid of Deng or Noah in packages for the likes of Garnett, Bryant or Gasol... and they didn't want to reign there best scorer. time for a new front office. Vinny is not dumb, he knows if he wins he'll stick around or atleast get a better offer some place else, thats why Gordon, a guy the team doesn't have any tie to after this season is in the line up, he's gives Vinny his best chance at winning.
You made very little sense there. Can you try again?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 30 of30
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••