Bulls' draft plans all center around Derrick Rose

The lights came back on at the Berto Center on Sunday, even if fallout from the storms that rocked the Chicago area still played havoc with the building's air conditioning. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Scott

Chicago, IL

#1 Jun 21, 2009
The Bulls should look to Jerel McNeal. A superior defender who can guard multiple positions and can shoot or drive.
Mike

United States

#2 Jun 21, 2009
For how many years have the Bulls been needing a post presence, and one who can score too? Is it really that hard to figure out?

They'll keeping losing in May as long as they are being forced to shoot from the perimeter.
Andrew

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Jun 21, 2009
Go after terrance williams! He's carasmatic and can play. Also last year pitino said that williams has the best chance at bieng a star more than any player he has had in college yet
Monte

West Palm Beach, FL

#4 Jun 21, 2009
What good big men are there when the Bulls pick?
matt

United States

#5 Jun 21, 2009
package the picks for a proven big cuz this draft class straight up blows.
dallas bears fan

Wylie, TX

#6 Jun 21, 2009
If Phoenix blows up their team, I wouldn't mind getting Amarie Stotamire.
dallas bears fan

Wylie, TX

#7 Jun 21, 2009
oh, of course he's on the heat now, i suck
Nada Surf

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#8 Jun 21, 2009
dallas bears fan wrote:
If Phoenix blows up their team, I wouldn't mind getting Amarie Stotamire.
Who?
Nada Surf

#9 Jun 21, 2009
dallas bears fan wrote:
oh, of course he's on the heat now, i suck
Where?
Nada Surf

#10 Jun 22, 2009
Looks like KC Johnson is now orgasmic over Derrick Rose...
I don't think I've seen a more ineffective player get more love.
Stretch

Oak Park, IL

#11 Jun 22, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
who?
Stretch

Oak Park, IL

#12 Jun 22, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
I certainly hope your not calling Derrick Rose ineffective!
Da Bearss

La Porte, IN

#13 Jun 22, 2009
This article could have been so much better. What if we hadn't had the top pick last year? Where would we have drafted? Who was drafted in that position and by what team? Would the Bulls have gone after that player and if not, who? Rose vs. Beasley was all the talk before last years' draft. How is he making out with the Heat so far? How far would the Bulls have gone if they had drafted Beasley instead of Rose? C'mon KC, inquiring minds want to know!
rukidding

Bronx, NY

#14 Jun 22, 2009
we need some down low presence. an additional rebounder and scorer to help (i can't believe i'm saying this) Noah. i like henderson but only if gordon is leaving. while gordon had an exciting playoff run, he also was a major liability on defense and we do need a bigger defender and scorer at the 2 position. i don't think this draft has many skilled big men or back to the basket guys. take the best big player available....we need big bodies.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#15 Jun 22, 2009
I hope they have figured this out after 11 tries. Why am I having doubts? A shooting guard? Are u kidding me?
TONY B

United States

#16 Jun 22, 2009
Da Bearss wrote:
This article could have been so much better. What if we hadn't had the top pick last year? Where would we have drafted? Who was drafted in that position and by what team? Would the Bulls have gone after that player and if not, who? Rose vs. Beasley was all the talk before last years' draft. How is he making out with the Heat so far? How far would the Bulls have gone if they had drafted Beasley instead of Rose? C'mon KC, inquiring minds want to know!
That's all hearsay. Why would you need KC to do anything but mention that things would be much different? It is an interesting topic, but it's also irrelevant. As far as getting a big man, we obviously can use one but we should go for the best player over the best player at a given position, because that will add more value to our team and make us more able to make a trade for a proven big down the road.
iknowthat

Addison, IL

#17 Jun 22, 2009
as long as we stay away from bl mullens idc who we draft.
BULL4EVER

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Jun 22, 2009
Chicago drafting D'Rose with the 1st pick has not increased ticket sales or sellout crowds at all because this is the windy city, a team like Chicago has always soldout just about every home game and sold just about every ticket in the Bulls market.And Chicago has this tradition of selling out every home game since 1987, way before Rose's tenure.GO BULLS
True Dat

Naperville, IL

#19 Jun 22, 2009
"Then again, consider the Bulls' recent draft-day history. From the Tyson Chandler- Elton Brand trade in 2001 to the cash-driven deal to land Luol Deng's rights from Phoenix in 2004 to the deals for Tyrus Thomas' rights from Portland and Thabo Sefolosha's from Philadelphia in 2006, they have been quite active."

Yep, and every one of those deals was a flop. Should we expect anything better if they make a deal again this year?

“Catch this!”

Since: Aug 08

Chicago

#20 Jun 22, 2009
DaJuan Blair from Pitt and Henderson from Duke should be their picks.... provided they don't trade them away.

Doing either a sign and trade for Gordon, a trade of Tyrus/Klank for anything and briging in some diamond in the rough as a free agent signee (college ranks as they're only 2 rounds) will help this team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thabo Sefolosha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Report: Thunder to sign Sebastian Telfair Jul '14 Johnny 1
Thunder's defense holds Bulls to NBA season rec... (Feb '13) Mar '13 skfkcmtk 2
Oklahoma City Thunder: Struggling Thunder does ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 grannybug 1
Did Referees Screw OKC Thunder out of Crucial N... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 61
LeBron James, Miami Heat survive Thunder rally ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 FIRE THEM NOW 7
Durant powers Thunder past LeBron's Heat for 10... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Hippichick 1
James Harden has stepped up since Jeff Green's ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 BillWaffle 1

Thabo Sefolosha People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE