Nets 107, Timberwolves 105: Nets get 21 assists, winning shot from Deron Williams

Full story: TwinCities.com
Deron Williams capped a career-tying 21-assist performance by hitting a game-winning jumper with 1.7 seconds to play to lead the New Jersey Nets to a 107-105 victory over the Timberwolves on Tuesday night. Full Story
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#1 Apr 6, 2011
Irresistible force against the immovable object..........something had to give, someone had to win. It is only fitting that the, apparently, most memorable play was a botched breakaway slam when you are talking about two of the worst teams in the NBA.

This season is over, other than just going through the motions and picking up these last few losses. Hopefully we can pick up a PG, whether it be Rubio, a trade, FA, or draft pick. Put a decent starting PG on this team, along with the expected maturation and improvement of the young players on the roster, and better days are ahead. I still think Kahn is guilty of overstating the wolves chances when he says they can compete for a playoff spot next year. Thirty wins would be a reasonable, and attainable, goal.
The real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Apr 6, 2011
Just another day in loserville....
gopherfan

Mound, MN

#3 Apr 6, 2011
From Manager Khan's draft choices to date, I really
don't trust what he will do in the draft...Rubio?
What a waste of a choice....Milicic? How can
anyone actually say that he is a good player? He looks like a total stumble-bum when he is playing.
Get rid of him....Flynn? How could anyone in their right mind draft him ahead of Curry and whoever else was available? Rambis? Not sure I trust the way he is coaching, either. Telfair should get way more playing time than he does.
I can't believe the absolute ineptness of this team and it never seems to get any better. Even Garnett. He was never a go-to guy...always disappeared in the 4th quarter. Way overpaid!
I was kind of glad when he was sent packing.
Things haven't improved since tho....Glen Taylor needs to refine the entire operation....
Enough.....too depressing!
Timberwoes

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Apr 6, 2011
The Timberwoes played last night? It was great to see the Twins finally beat the Yankees.
The score indicates it was a competitive game at least. Another loss for a chance at ping pong balls. Well done,'Woes.
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#5 Apr 6, 2011
Timberwoes wrote:
The Timberwoes played last night? It was great to see the Twins finally beat the Yankees.
The score indicates it was a competitive game at least. Another loss for a chance at ping pong balls. Well done,'Woes.
The even worse Cavs play the Raptors either tonight or tomorrow night in Toronto. If the Cavs win, it throws the 'woes and the Cavs into a tie, meaning our number of ping pong balls increases, as we are not going to win another game this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sasha Vujacic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Trade Rumors: Do New Jersey Nets Have the P... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Arvis Lincoln 2
LAKERS: Who Will They Draft on June 23rd? (Jun '11) Jun '11 Water Boy 9
Veteran Vujacic gains Avery's approval (Jan '11) Jan '11 The DEWD 1
Maria Sharapova engaged to Lakers guard (Oct '10) Oct '10 Tom Tancredo 3
Los Angeles Lakers' Andrew Bynum does strength ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 vet sixties era 1
NBA's Vujacic says he's engaged to Sharapova (Oct '10) Oct '10 grizzly 1
LAKERS NOTEBOOK: Numbers not good for Vujacic (Oct '10) Oct '10 aj hines 1

Sasha Vujacic People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE