Why Kobe/Jordan Debate Is Closer Than It Seems

Dec 19, 2009 Full story: Bleacher Report 153

As Kobe Bryant continues to add to his already-brilliant legacy, the debate between him and Michael Jordan rages on.

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
harris

Philippines

#1 Jan 9, 2010
good evening.. jordan is the best than kobe.. in all in all..jordan had 6 tittles kobe is 3..jordan carried bulls kobe is not..
Water Boy

Stanton, CA

#2 Jan 9, 2010
good evening..kobe is 4 titles not 3..kobe not done yet in career but jordan still awesome. the rain is greater on the plain..in spain.
ginobili

Santa Cruz, CA

#3 Jan 9, 2010
MJ's legacy is tainted, Kobe has four titles not three. Stern gave MJ the MJ rules, the refs can not do anything to him nor call any violations on him. Kobe have to earn his keeps and Kobe already have a lot more last second game winning shots than MJ. I give Kobe the nod over MJ but Kobe is not better than Lebron no way.
Tiffany

Manhasset, NY

#4 Jan 9, 2010
I dont see where the debate is at,it's very easy to say that Jordan is the best of all time,kobe is close,but he dont have all the qualities Jordan had.
Bravo1

Santa Cruz, CA

#5 Jan 9, 2010
Tiff just look at the old films Stern and his bunch of crooked refs gave MJ card blanche, Kobe did it the hard way. But when we looked at efficiency ratings Lebron has both beat by a mile not even close. When Lebron does not play in the years he has been with the Cavs, they were .320 and when MJ were out the Bulls were .600 and Kobe .625. Now you can see how important Lebron is to a team. The man does anything and everything for his team except fix the plumbing.
Tiffany

Manhasset, NY

#6 Jan 9, 2010
Bravo1 wrote:
Tiff just look at the old films Stern and his bunch of crooked refs gave MJ card blanche, Kobe did it the hard way. But when we looked at efficiency ratings Lebron has both beat by a mile not even close. When Lebron does not play in the years he has been with the Cavs, they were .320 and when MJ were out the Bulls were .600 and Kobe .625. Now you can see how important Lebron is to a team. The man does anything and everything for his team except fix the plumbing.
Dwaynw Wade,Lebron James,and Kobe Bryant is all important to their respective team's.Today Dwayne Wade is the best basketball player(i think),but back then Jordan was the sh!t.He was like the perfect player to have on your team.
ginobili

Santa Cruz, CA

#7 Jan 10, 2010
I got the opportunity to take an objective look at Dwayne, the man is good. He is just as good as Kobe except that Dwayne is unselfish that's why I give him the nod over Kobe. Dwayne plays very good defense also, no one drives around or thru him because he is so strong but I have seen people outmuscled Kobe and go around him or thru him. Kobe's defense is over-rated. Kobe also gets beat when he goes for steals all the time.
Justin

Demotte, IN

#8 Jan 10, 2010
I hate Kobe I don't know why Tiff hate's Lebron so much I seen him in person he's a great guy he cool and humble,look at these cheat's why cheat Iverson pound from pound the hardest worker who ever played http://vodpod.com/watch/2653151-crooked-nba-r...
Justin

Demotte, IN

#9 Jan 10, 2010
MJ didn't need the call's he was that great but Kobe was made from the call's he wouldn't be as great and the worst part about he integrated drawing foul's in his game to take advantage of these call's,yeah I agree I feel Lebron is the next best next to MJ but Kobe overrated to the fact it isn't funny and Dwayne Wade is good but Tiff just admit it your love for him isn't because you like him as a player. That's your man crush,just admit my cousin Breanna and Jonay that's their fav player girl's they shouldn't blog about anything they alway's have their sex,love and other blah stuff in debate's I hate it when girl's blog,Tiff you diss Lebron so bad but he isn't bad you hate him for no reason and I'm starting to think your a gold digger just after the ring's,I hope all girl's isn't like that in New York if so I'm cutting this one lose.
Justin

Demotte, IN

#10 Jan 10, 2010
If KoMe win's a title in the NBA this year I'm committing suicide. I love this game so much until some spoil brat get's other great's screw because he was made.I already hate NFL because their isn't any great defense because all the call's benefit's the Quarter Back they make it impossible to keep a great defense due to these rule's.Plus to may flag's and penalties for me it put's me to sleep.Tom Brady and Kobe Bryant were made by th ref's they are so much alike they are lousy leader's and get to much credit but the thing Tom Brady doe's better then Kobe he keep's his mouth shut,Kobe is a bad teammate and he is really the only person I've ever hated before,he's sneaky,selfish,jerk,and dirty plus a spoil brat.
Justin

Demotte, IN

#11 Jan 10, 2010
Tiff you give girl's in New York a bad name you don't have a clue what your saying,and this girl I'm talking to in New York what's up with y'all using,word or I feelya,down here in the south we say tight or cool and other stuff like that I find New York girl's very attractive but you really make them seem like gold digger's and dum ,I rather you don't talk sport's at all even though I like girl's who know sport's but if you don't know what your talking about keep your mouth shut,I love you Tiff and your cool but please can you actually stop saying Wade the best,it's irritating even my mom say it she hate's women talking about sport's on tv they only know their there for 1 reason to see their dream guy's but I could give you New York girl's a compliment you have taste choosing guy's give u that. lol
Water Boy

Stanton, CA

#12 Jan 10, 2010
Justin wrote:
MJ didn't need the call's he was that great but Kobe was made from the call's he wouldn't be as great and the worst part about he integrated drawing foul's in his game to take advantage of these call's,yeah I agree I feel Lebron is the next best next to MJ but Kobe overrated to the fact it isn't funny and Dwayne Wade is good but Tiff just admit it your love for him isn't because you like him as a player. That's your man crush,just admit my cousin Breanna and Jonay that's their fav player girl's they shouldn't blog about anything they alway's have their sex,love and other blah stuff in debate's I hate it when girl's blog,Tiff you diss Lebron so bad but he isn't bad you hate him for no reason and I'm starting to think your a gold digger just after the ring's,I hope all girl's isn't like that in New York if so I'm cutting this one lose.
Justin, youre way too young to know aything about Jordan or anything it appears. Do you really think you can make an accurate assessment from You tube and old vhs video's?

The way you hate on Kobe is the way many hated on Jordan. He was deemed a ball hog and had the benefit of the whistle more often than not. Superstars are going to get the calls...Just wait till lebron wins a ring and see for yourself...
ginobili

Santa Cruz, CA

#13 Jan 10, 2010
Justin why do you hate Kobe? He has changed quite a bit since the Colorado incident. I know he had money and bought his freedom, if you or anyone or I rape someone we would be in jail for a heck of a long time.
Tom

Claremont, MN

#14 Jan 10, 2010
Jordan is the best period!! Kobe is good but not close to what Jordan did.
Tiffany

Manhasset, NY

#15 Jan 11, 2010
Justin wrote:
Tiff you give girl's in New York a bad name you don't have a clue what your saying,and this girl I'm talking to in New York what's up with y'all using,word or I feelya,down here in the south we say tight or cool and other stuff like that I find New York girl's very attractive but you really make them seem like gold digger's and dum ,I rather you don't talk sport's at all even though I like girl's who know sport's but if you don't know what your talking about keep your mouth shut,I love you Tiff and your cool but please can you actually stop saying Wade the best,it's irritating even my mom say it she hate's women talking about sport's on tv they only know their there for 1 reason to see their dream guy's but I could give you New York girl's a compliment you have taste choosing guy's give u that. lol
You love me but you hate it when i talk about Dwayne?how can that be?your a cool boy too,but i dont complain when you talk about Lebron,its very irritating but i keep my mouth shut when YOU talk about him,not very fair right?I love Dwayne,and the way he plays,i cant help but to talk about him.
Tiffany

Manhasset, NY

#16 Jan 11, 2010
Justin wrote:
MJ didn't need the call's he was that great but Kobe was made from the call's he wouldn't be as great and the worst part about he integrated drawing foul's in his game to take advantage of these call's,yeah I agree I feel Lebron is the next best next to MJ but Kobe overrated to the fact it isn't funny and Dwayne Wade is good but Tiff just admit it your love for him isn't because you like him as a player. That's your man crush,just admit my cousin Breanna and Jonay that's their fav player girl's they shouldn't blog about anything they alway's have their sex,love and other blah stuff in debate's I hate it when girl's blog,Tiff you diss Lebron so bad but he isn't bad you hate him for no reason and I'm starting to think your a gold digger just after the ring's,I hope all girl's isn't like that in New York if so I'm cutting this one lose.
Listen here sweetie,girls in nyc can hold their own,and dont need a man to hold em down,goldiggin is'nt in my dna,i actually despise golddiggers.
Bravo1

Santa Cruz, CA

#17 Jan 11, 2010
For those of you who think that Kobe is the greatest, the last game he shot 4-21 and tons of t/os the Lakers still won because the other players played as a team. The last three games Kobe took nearly a hundred shots combined and shot under 35%, he is going by to his hogging days. The man is great individually but as a team player forget it. He is no Lebron, no MJ and no Dwayne. I had pay special attention to Dwayne because Tiff told me he is great and she is right the man is great and is a team player.
Tiffany

Manhasset, NY

#18 Jan 11, 2010
Bravo1 wrote:
For those of you who think that Kobe is the greatest, the last game he shot 4-21 and tons of t/os the Lakers still won because the other players played as a team. The last three games Kobe took nearly a hundred shots combined and shot under 35%, he is going by to his hogging days. The man is great individually but as a team player forget it. He is no Lebron, no MJ and no Dwayne. I had pay special attention to Dwayne because Tiff told me he is great and she is right the man is great and is a team player.
See there you go honey,i told you he was the best,and hes the best fourth quarter player too.He can carry a team far,as he already done it in 2006.
1ATLien

Atlanta, GA

#19 Jan 11, 2010
If Kobe wins 3 more titles then he MAY be considered to be ONE of the best.

Jordan practically won 6 championships in a row (91, 92, 93), retired for 2 years, came back to win 3 more (94, 95, 96). Not to mention the MVP's, Olympic gold, World gold

On second thought, Kobe got a ways to go
Tiffany

Manhasset, NY

#20 Jan 11, 2010
1ATLien wrote:
If Kobe wins 3 more titles then he MAY be considered to be ONE of the best.
Jordan practically won 6 championships in a row (91, 92, 93), retired for 2 years, came back to win 3 more (94, 95, 96). Not to mention the MVP's, Olympic gold, World gold
On second thought, Kobe got a ways to go
Dwayne got a better chance than Ko-me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jordan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
[HD] Michael Jordan - Career Mix 2014 Sep '14 CroPETROforever 1
All eyes on Silver, as Sterling fallout continues (Apr '14) Apr '14 Robert 1
NBA Previews: April 6th, 2014 (Apr '14) Apr '14 omeromer 1
colaboration (Apr '14) Apr '14 octavian 4
MJ Quiz on Bloxi! (Mar '14) Mar '14 Justin 1
colaboration (Mar '14) Mar '14 Octavian 2
Michael Jordan limited edition signed picture (Dec '10) Dec '13 Anonymous 2
More from around the web