McHale: Firings are sign of times

Another NBA coach bit the dust Monday, when the Sacramento Kings fired Reggie Theus and replaced him with assistant coach Kenny Natt on an interim basis. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike

Meridian, ID

#1 Dec 16, 2008
Isn't it time for one more firing? McFail?

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#2 Dec 16, 2008
Inquiring minds want to know.
Why do the sportswriters and columnists in this town keep kissing McFail's and Taylor's butt and start instead attacking this franchise for all the lousy player personnel decisions they have made over the years?
An inquiring mind wants to know.
geo

Gaithersburg, MD

#3 Dec 16, 2008
Glen, please fire Mchale. If only we had Ray Allen, Brandon Roy, and OJ Mayo in our team.

“I'm not crying... Winning!”

Since: Oct 08

Twin Cities, USA

#4 Dec 16, 2008
Good to see McHale can see the writing on the wall. Now if Glen Taylor could only see that writing....
QQ in St Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Dec 16, 2008
geo wrote:
Glen, please fire Mchale. If only we had Ray Allen, Brandon Roy, and OJ Mayo in our team.
and KG
Tim

New York, NY

#6 Dec 16, 2008
Glen: Mcfail whats going on I had it with you
Mcfail: Don't worry my players will come around I know what i'm doing nice tie by the way
Glen: You think so my wife picked this color
Mcfail: sure looks nice
Glen: Ok Mcfail I'll give you another chance don't let me down (walks out the door)

I'm assuming this is whats going on in the front office.
ricky

Cottage Grove, MN

#7 Dec 16, 2008
do not kid your self fans, McHale AKA the UNDERTAKER is still in charge if this teams everyday operations.

p.s.
does he or does he not look like the greeter for the loved ones at your local funeral home?
Ed D

Seattle, WA

#8 Dec 16, 2008
0-5 McFail--after losing to the Kings last night. Now who is the real problem with the Twolves?? Starting line-up easily could have been Garnett (mcfails gift to Celtics), Thornton (Drafted Brewer), Roy (traded for Foye), OJ Mayo (traded for Kevin Love), Josh Howard (mcfail drafted Ebi instead). Also, Danny Granger was at 17 when we drafted McCants instead at 13.

It's not a stretch to think this could have been our team. I mean, for Roy and Mayo for about an hour, they were both on our roster at one time. There are so many more bad decisions that we all could get into (we could have assembled exactly what the Celtics have currently assembled), but to sum up-- enough is enough. Fire McFail!
jackson

United States

#9 Dec 16, 2008
Everyone please stop with the "We could have had a lineup of..." If they drafted Granger, they would have had none of the others (except KG and a .500 team). If they kept Roy, they would have had none of the others. If they drafted Howard, they would have had none of the others. Etc etc etc

Please stop and just enjoy the pathetic team that is on the floor.
Manuel Santos

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Dec 16, 2008
You Suck McHale. I hope you read this article and know you Suck. You have single handly destroyed basketball for MN and made us the into the Clippers. Thanks a lot a ss face. Santa, give him coal for Christmas.
Manuel Santos

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Dec 16, 2008
You s uck McHale. I hope you read this article and know you s uck. You have single handly destroyed basketball for MN and made us the into the Clippers. Thanks a lot a ss face. Santa, give him coal for Christmas
txiong

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Dec 17, 2008
No more McHale, instead of waiting for the Wolves to make changes, lets bring changes to the Wolves. We need to boycott, boycott, boycott all games....McHale must go now....happy holidays to all Wolves Fans here/there/everywhere...
falstaff

Lake Mary, FL

#13 Dec 17, 2008
McHale- maybe it's not the fault of the media or the bloggers. Could it be that these coaches (along with you) were a bunch of clowns who have no idea how to coach in todays world or know how to actually win games? Last time I looked, a 4-20 team was considerd BAD.

Since: Feb 08

Big Lake, MN

#14 Dec 17, 2008
Does McHale really think it's the people's fault (because we have "access") that coaches get fired?

Try this: the team stinks.

Like anyone on this forum really had influence on Whittman's firing.
Toe Blake

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#15 Dec 17, 2008
Ok round ballers, McFail is doing to the Wolves what Boo Nanne did to the North Stars.
****on it for awhile and get the flavor....!
BillB St Paul

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Dec 17, 2008
Note to Hibbing Hick aka McHale.
I respected your ability as a player with much pride. Through high school, university and NBA. Your are not coaching material nor VP material. And certainly not one who should knock the public/ticket buyers or consumers of sponsors. What do we know ? Of course not as much as you should, but then if we are so stupid then why should we even attend or watch a game ? Buddy get some respect or get out.
bwise_man

Sacramento, CA

#17 Dec 17, 2008
Being at this game and sitting behind the wolves bench - you could see this team had no energy, unity, or focus. Gomes played three quarters without one point? Guys not interested during the breaks - terrible.

Passing - picks - shooting - aweful

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#21 Dec 17, 2008
bwise_man wrote:
Being at this game and sitting behind the wolves bench - you could see this team had no energy, unity, or focus. Gomes played three quarters without one point? Guys not interested during the breaks - terrible.
Passing - picks - shooting - aweful
Hope you got your tickets free or did someone pay you to take the tickets off his hands?
Minfidel

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Dec 17, 2008
It's not too much fan and blogger interest that is hurting the Wolves, it is the LACK of interest. The Wolves have been so bad so long they are only ahead of the WNBA in relevance to local fans - though when I see a photo of Mike Miller in "action" it makes me wonder if the Lynx season has already started.
elvis presley

Minnetonka, MN

#23 Dec 17, 2008
whaa whaa poor mccfail is getting mistreated by all you bloggers. why can't you commend him for all his brilliant moves? such joe smith, rasho, hi brilliant trades of brandon roy and oj mayo, signing wally to a huge contract. the great T Hud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Salmons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cousins' double-double lifts Kings over Wizards (Jan '13) Jan '13 cold cat 1
Marquez knocks out Pacquiao in 6th round (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ginobili 2
Bucks get F Maggette from Warriors (Jun '10) Jun '10 J nice 3
Why Michael Redd Should Never Play for the Milw... (May '10) Jun '10 matt 2
Milwaukee Bucks: Hawks fend off elimination wit... (May '10) May '10 BILL 6
Salmons scores 22, Bucks roll over Hawks 107-89... (Apr '10) Apr '10 meow 1
Pierce scores 24, Celtics beat Bucks 105-90 in ... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Bucks fan 1