Beaten, benched

Full story: TwinCities.com

After four straight games against NBA heavyweights, the stars were aligned in the Timberwolves' favor Monday night.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
McFail

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

Wow.....we need new management to run the show....Get McFail out!!!! Hire someone who can coach!!!! We traded Roy for Foye and OJ Mayo for Mike Miller, K Love etc! Foye can't run the offense as PG....he is more suited at SG....Can we draft someone and not trade it....look at Roy for the blazers and OJ Mayo for the Memphis....those two shines right away!!!! We could've have gotten a better core with: Roy, OJ Mayo, Al Jefferson, Gomes and Smith......whatever....i am done watching the T-wolves this year for sure....good luck for the rest of the year
Trace Man

Yakima, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

WOW I Feel Cheated.......this team, er.... Just Blows. always has always will. just 4 qtrs every other game and i would be Happy!
the hard truth

Bemidji, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

Get the ball to Al when he's "hot like that"? I think what McHale means is, "throw the ball to Al and stand still until he throws up a shot, because he's never going to pass it." That, of course, is unless McCants is in the game, in which case neither Al nor anyone else is ever going to touch the ball. This is a professional team? This is garbage.
Dags

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Imagine KG still around with us....KG, Roy, Craig Smith tandem and sign Ray Allen/Pierce, find a center who can defend and we could be in the finals!!! I am glad i am Bulls Fan!!!! At least they have D Rose to lead with Deng on the side....GO BULLS
Dags

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

I watch T-wolves game since i am here in Minnesota but my team is still BULLS!!!!!!!!
Mike

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

At least we now have the poetic justice that McFail is having to try and coach this bunch of losers he brought together. They might, might have a chance of succes if they joined the WNBA. Other than that unlikely occurrence its going to be a very long year for the few remaining Wolves fans. Looks like Taylor needs to consider establishing an "environment of accountability". If he did that, McFail would be incarcerated for at least 50 years!
Jackson

Sioux Falls, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

The whole league is garbage. How can you take an institution seriously when a new coach gets fired every week? Contracts? Seriously? What a joke the NBA is! Just a bunch of high paid spoiled players and money hungry owners that ruin one of the best sports there is. How can anyone stand to watch such a poorly run league let a lone a team like the Wolves. Who pays for this stuff? I'd rather they just get the hell out of town so this state can focus our attention on some organizations, leagues, and athletics that do things the right way. By the way, the Gophers are 9-0 but people won't notice with such a bad franchise to take the news. Too bad the best coach and the hardest working players in the state are all at the collegiate level, not getting paid, and going to classes... Rough life for the NBA...
Mad Dog Gus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

The biggest indicator of how bad this NBA team is...losing ground in the third quarter...the opposite for a good NBA team.

Unfortunately, even other bad teams can pull away from the Wolves...they toy with them for a half, then dominate the third, then cruise to victory.

Odds are, this team won't win another game this year.
Wendell

Somerset, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

Perfect - Taylor is keeping Mchale in hell for a purpose: to make him pay for the bad personnel moves throughout the last 10 years. Mchale will be gone next year and the wolves will draft Griffin from Oklahoma, who is a phenom like Lebron was. I'm not worried...
Ya Darn Tootin

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

I know this is out of left field, but isn't it a drag to listen to Tom Hanneman broadcast games? I turned on the game last night and heard his voice and immediately turned the channel. Partly because he's so depressing sounding, and partly because the Woofs(what I call them) are so horrible. Even if they were great I'd have to watch with the games on mute.
Weibs

Lisle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

I'm begining to think that the Wolves would lose to the University of North Carolina
HENRY

Saint Cloud, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

It really doesn't matter who coaches this team- There are only four NBA players on the roster- Jefferson, Foye, Smith, and Gomes. Can't even trade McCants for anyone worthwhile anymore. He says the "YBG" tatoo on his neck means Young, Black, and Gifted" It really means "Young, Black, and God Awful" It's only fitting that McHale has to wallow in this stink for the rest of the season. I can't wait to read the columns after his record goes to 0-63.
Ya Darn Tootin

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Oh yeah, How the heck did they ever fire Flip Saunders? With wins in a season of 40, 45, 50, 47, 50, 51, and 58. Following the 58 win season with a record of 25-26 and 31 games to be played they decided to let him go. At least it seems that Glen Taylor has finally gotten a clue and will rid this team of the cancer destroying it in Kevin McHale, but then again maybe not.
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

McFail wrote:
Wow.....we need new management to run the show....Get McFail out!!!! Hire someone who can coach!!!! We traded Roy for Foye and OJ Mayo for Mike Miller, K Love etc! Foye can't run the offense as PG....he is more suited at SG....Can we draft someone and not trade it....look at Roy for the blazers and OJ Mayo for the Memphis....those two shines right away!!!! We could've have gotten a better core with: Roy, OJ Mayo, Al Jefferson, Gomes and Smith......whatever....i am done watching the T-wolves this year for sure....good luck for the rest of the year
Yea, that McFale, guy can sure judge talent can't he?...it is amazing how just ONE guy can screw up an ENTIRE franchise......and how ONE owner can be so clueless to it all....HELLO!!!!
Rad Rethuglican

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

How could this team be so bad? It doesn't seem possible that these players are NBA caliber.
Mad Dog Gus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Look for LeBron James to score 50+ Wednesday night.....probably more than 25 in the 3rd quarter.

Of course, like most of Minnesota, I won't be there or watch it.....I'll check the Thursday news.
ducedog

Theodore, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

The T WOLVES are a joke & insult to the game of basketball
ducedog

Theodore, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

The T Wolves are a BIG Joke and embarrsement to the

Great state of Minnesota.
umm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Hilarious!!
P-O-S

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

Ya Darn Tootin wrote:
I know this is out of left field, but isn't it a drag to listen to Tom Hanneman broadcast games? I turned on the game last night and heard his voice and immediately turned the channel. Partly because he's so depressing sounding, and partly because the Woofs(what I call them) are so horrible. Even if they were great I'd have to watch with the games on mute.
I don't disagree, but do you Hanneman's job? Like the 15 other posters said, this team, is a disaster. Mr. Rogers couldn't be positive with this crew out there. And how do you expect this team to play hard for McHale, when they realize that he is the number one reason this team is where they are. Look at the two trades he made this year with the two rookies. But we got two Love and Miller and Cash. I think the Cash McHale wanted was Johnnie Cash(another white stiff). Does anyone else think that that McHale has something against talented non-caucasion basketball players. Look at his draft and trade history.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Francisco Garcia Discussions

Search the Francisco Garcia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pathetic Performance In Minnesota Raises Early ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Richie 1
Sundance 2011: and the competition films are ..... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Steve 1
Facebook friends want NBA's Kings in Louisville (Nov '10) Nov '10 Pistons Eat Poop 1
Young Sacramento Kings keep growing up (Sep '10) Sep '10 wdld 2
'Z' Suits Up for Return to 'Q' (Mar '10) Mar '10 Frankie Calzone 1
Kentucky sports notebook (Jul '08) Jul '08 LESOHN 1
Lakers clinch conference top spot (Apr '08) Apr '08 Ramil Ampongan 5
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••