Lin's career night leads Knicks over Nets, 99-92

Feb 4, 2012 Full story: Middletown Journal 23

New York Knicks guard Jeremy Lin, right, goes up with a shot past New Jersey Nets guard Deron Williams during the second quarter of an NBA basketball game on Saturday, Feb.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SquirrelFisher

Mountain View, CA

#1 Feb 5, 2012
Any person that can finish a game with more field goals than both Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire COMBINED deserves some credit.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#2 Feb 10, 2012
It is a fluke, anyone can play three good games but can he play 40 more like that. He is Chinese, Chinese are horrible at BB they are more into ping pong.
TahoeJunkie

Lubbock, TX

#4 Feb 11, 2012
Snowflake wrote:
It is a fluke, anyone can play three good games but can he play 40 more like that. He is Chinese, Chinese are horrible at BB they are more into ping pong.
LOL you are such a hater. Of course he's not going to be able to average 25 points and 8 assists per game over the entire season... only like Kobe, Lebron, Durant, and Love have stats like that.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/st...

Can you name one person in the history of the NBA that started his first four games averaging 25 points and then descended into mediocrity? Use some evidence for once instead of rumors and conspiracy theories.

Are you going to claim the reason he outscored Kobe Bryant with 38 point against the Lakers last night was because he's been taking steroids like you did with Li Na? I am in no way implying that Lin is better than Kobe, as at the end of the game Kobe was amazing, but can you give Lin just a little respect.
Joe Krupinski

Great Neck, NY

#5 Feb 11, 2012
You are a flake, Snowflake, for refusing to believe that Jeremy is the real thing. He outdid Kobe the other night and I trust he will do the same to Ricky Rubio tonight. Don't be such a party poop. Let us all enjoy Lin's success while it lasts.
sam

Brampton, Canada

#6 Feb 11, 2012
Snowflake wrote:
It is a fluke, anyone can play three good games but can he play 40 more like that. He is Chinese, Chinese are horrible at BB they are more into ping pong.
your the biggest isiot on Topix, generally anything you say or said is ridiculous
Joe Krupinski

Great Neck, NY

#8 Feb 11, 2012
Snowflake wrote:
It is a fluke, anyone can play three good games but can he play 40 more like that. He is Chinese, Chinese are horrible at BB they are more into ping pong.
\

YOU are the fluke, Snowflake, talking racist like that. Where do you get off calling Chinese horrible at basketball and good table tennis players instead. What a jerk you are, as others seem to also think of you. Why don't you get lost? Nobody respects your comments anyway.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#9 Feb 12, 2012
I am not a racist, I did not called Chinese the "C" words. I rather see the Chinese take over ping pong, diving,restaurants and laundry not BB, this is an American game for the last eighty years. It is awkward to see a Chinese in the NBA and he is not really good at all, the refs bailed him out many times for charging, traveling, palming the ball, grabbing, hooking with the elbow just like they did with MJ, carte blanche anything goes. Stern wants to promote BB in China because there is a big market. But it is a sham, he will be back in the D League soon because I am complaining to the NBA and our Congress about this.
Joe Krupinski

Great Neck, NY

#10 Feb 12, 2012
It will be useless to send a letter to your congressman, Flake, because Chuck Schumer loves this kid, Jeremy Lin (see Daily News sports photo, Feb. 9, early edition). It is 'awkward' to see a Chinese player in the NBA? Well, he's not the first (i.e. Yao Ming) and he won't be the last. Soon we will see an entire starting five of Chinese on the court with those overrated Caucasians.
sam

Brampton, Canada

#11 Feb 12, 2012
Snowflake wrote:
I am not a racist, I did not called Chinese the "C" words. I rather see the Chinese take over ping pong, diving,restaurants and laundry not BB, this is an American game for the last eighty years. It is awkward to see a Chinese in the NBA and he is not really good at all, the refs bailed him out many times for charging, traveling, palming the ball, grabbing, hooking with the elbow just like they did with MJ, carte blanche anything goes. Stern wants to promote BB in China because there is a big market. But it is a sham, he will be back in the D League soon because I am complaining to the NBA and our Congress about this.
spewing you racist nonsense again uh? Yo flake got get a job.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#12 Feb 12, 2012
You all know I am not a racist, you don't see me using racial slurs, for five years now I am still the one telling the truth. He won't last, the NBA already told me they are going to review the films and make sure the game is consistent and called the right way. No MJ tx for this Chinese kid,who is a foreign national, who pay no taxes to America.
sam

Brampton, Canada

#13 Feb 12, 2012
Snowflake wrote:
You all know I am not a racist, you don't see me using racial slurs, for five years now I am still the one telling the truth. He won't last, the NBA already told me they are going to review the films and make sure the game is consistent and called the right way. No MJ tx for this Chinese kid,who is a foreign national, who pay no taxes to America.
well if you thing your theory is true. Even better he lives off your taxes . Dummy.
sam

Brampton, Canada

#14 Feb 12, 2012
*think*
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#15 Feb 12, 2012
What's the big deal just five games.
Lin MVP

Bakersfield, CA

#16 Feb 14, 2012
I agree. He is fun to watch. Jeremy Lin is what the NBA needs to boost it's viewing audience. I haven't been watch many games the past few years. But I got really jazzed with J-Lin blew up the Lakers for 38 points. I started a website for Jeremy Lin because I think he will draw alot of attention globally and be a huge success. Only time will tell. See the Jeremy Lin show here http://www.linmvp.com
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#17 Feb 14, 2012
the man has greatness written all over him. After watching so much playground ball the last several years it is good to see someone who knows the game play. He was a super conductor out there.
Al Bundy

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Feb 16, 2012
Snowflake wrote:
You all know I am not a racist, you don't see me using racial slurs, for five years now I am still the one telling the truth. He won't last, the NBA already told me they are going to review the films and make sure the game is consistent and called the right way. No MJ tx for this Chinese kid,who is a foreign national, who pay no taxes to America.
The kid is an American, born and raised in the states. Your great, great, great bald headed grand pappi was a foreign national.

All white men like yourself are pedophiles. You just love little redheaded freckled faced whites kids... poop shoots. Don't beleive me? Watch the news, I am just stating facts.... I am not racist, I didn't call you a honky :). PS, you are an idoit.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#19 Feb 16, 2012
I am going to have Lin and his family deported back to China where he belongs, him and his family are living off of us taxpayers too long. there are many angry whites out there w/o jobs and these foreigners are taking over. Yes I know Lin as our teams have collided back in high school but that does not mean I have to love foreigners.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#20 Feb 16, 2012
I have scouted Jermey in his High School Days, he was good ,I was going to offer him a scholarship but he was only interested in playing in the PAC 10 or playing at a school with academic excellence.
Seeing him in the seven games he is nothing short of great. His weaknesses are he can not go to the left too well, weak in free throws and can not defend the pick and roll(very common with NBA players under three years of experience). He will get much better that's the scary part. He is a keeper and will be in the NBA for a long time barring any serious injuries. His game from high school to now is like night and day.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#21 Feb 16, 2012
Every night is like a career night for Jeremy.
mrclutch

Davis, CA

#22 Feb 18, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deron Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
D-Will Brooklyn Highlight Vid (Nov '12) Nov '12 black m4mb4 1
NBA Free Agents 2012: Can the Portland Trail Bl... (May '12) May '12 Shea 1
Dwight Howard Trade Rumors: Dealing for Howard ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sam 5
Nets Downed By Nuggets (Jan '12) Jan '12 dem 1
deron going hard in europe (Sep '11) Sep '11 real hoops 1
Best trade fits for Paul, Howard and Williams (Jun '11) Jul '11 pure faith 2
Nets 107, Timberwolves 105: Nets get 21 assists... (Apr '11) Apr '11 fracas 5
More from around the web