Orlando Magic point guard Jameer Nelson just fine with riding t...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Jameer Nelson essentially is using the largest event in the NBA as his minicamp.
Comments
1 - 20 of 39 Comments Last updated Jun 12, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 09

Debary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

Rafer should start.
MagicGirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

Rafer needs to start and AJ needs to back him up. They've both earned that since February. If there are other minutes available, then fine - Jameer can play. But at this point he's more of a distraction than a benefit and the team - and him - look out of sync when he's playing. I love Jameer - big heart, great player, but the Finals is not the time to experiment with his readiness.
XeroX

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

The team that won those play off games should finish this tremendous run... for some reason Nelson is a better passer to the other team than to his own....

“Hey topix”

Since: Jun 09

roaming ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

They took Anthony out of the game for an injured Nelson...Van Gundy is smoking.
john

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

I really don' t think Jameer should be playing. Ok, he got his NBA Finals experience. Let's give the back-up spot back to Anthony Johnson. Jammer hasn't been productive in the three games he played. Letting him in there is not going to make the Lakers change their defense. They know Jameer is still rusty so they're not going to double team him when he drives to the basket.
Berman

Winter Haven, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Remember the Sentinel headline last week suggesting that Nelson was a nice problem to have? There would never have been a problem (which turned out not to have been nice) had Magic staff nixed playing Nelson prior to the first game.

Playing Nelson was a distraction at the very least. Unfortunately for the Magic, the impact has been greater than a distraction.

Nelson was - and is - not game ready, much less finals series ready. Too bad it took Magic staff three games to figure this out.

Woooahhhhhh

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

No one can regather themselves to play as if they hadn't missed 4 months of the season and playoffs. Rust is real. Team chemistry is critical. There's no way he can get back to the rhythm he was in four months ago in one week's time. Jameer (and SVG), you're the best, but let Rafer and Anthony finish this out!
Ready to Jump Ship

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

After sitting for more than a week, being demoted to the 3rd string ... does anyone think AJ would be ready to play? It's obvious the Magic are missing his offense and Jameer has had some turnovers at the worst possible times. If you are going to get AJ any playing time, you better do it tonight before it's too late, a point of no return!!!
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Regardless of how much he plays or doesn't play, Nelson's comments show that he is a class act.

That aside, he probably should only play 5-6 minutes a game right now, if that. The main thing I've noticed is that the ball movement comes to a halt when he's in the game. It's not just that he's not in game shape but it's also that the rest of the team is not in synch with him playing major minutes.
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Ready to Jump Ship wrote:
After sitting for more than a week, being demoted to the 3rd string ... does anyone think AJ would be ready to play? It's obvious the Magic are missing his offense and Jameer has had some turnovers at the worst possible times. If you are going to get AJ any playing time, you better do it tonight before it's too late, a point of no return!!!
I agree AJ should get the majority of the backup minutes at PG. He's more in tune with the team and the team is more in tune with him.
Gator

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

It's great to see Jameer playing again and can be given some minutes, but I agree with others--Alston should start and definitely play AJ! Johnson's dynamics could play well in this series. Mix it up, Gundy...

GO MAGIC!!!
mike

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Wow some of you are so s+upid. You'd rather have Anthony f***ing Johnson over Jameer. I sure hope whoever says that has said that from the beginning. You just cant expect him to come back and be lights out. I dont think any reasonable person thought that. Now saying that, theres no way AJ should be getting minutes in front of JN. Give him a couple more games coming off the bench and all of you will be eating your words. He's not better than and old 3rd string point guard. Please
marko

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

jameer is showing he is a class act,and about the teams first!!! great attitude..
Ryan Blanco

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Seriously, what are you people watching? Jameer has struggled, but it is not like AJ was lighting it up. AJ is a PG who doesn't handle the ball. When AJ is in the game, Hedo handles the ball 90% of the time. Just because the Magic are struggling in the playoffs does not mean this is a cause and effect situation. The Lakers are a FAR superior team to Cleveland. Maybe that is part of the problem.

Real fans know the truth, Jameer. And watch, if he has big game, all of these fickle fans will change their mind in two seconds.
Ryan Blanco

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

I meant struggling in the Finals. Obviously, we did not struggle in the playoffs.

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Ready to Jump Ship wrote:
i think he would i think the magics should win the finals.

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Ryan Blanco wrote:
I meant struggling in the Finals. Obviously, we did not struggle in the playoffs.
no duh sherlock!

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Gator wrote:
It's great to see Jameer playing again and can be given some minutes, but I agree with others--Alston should start and definitely play AJ! Johnson's dynamics could play well in this series. Mix it up, Gundy...
GO MAGIC!!!
i hope the magic win

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

mike wrote:
Wow some of you are so s+upid. You'd rather have Anthony f***ing Johnson over Jameer. I sure hope whoever says that has said that from the beginning. You just cant expect him to come back and be lights out. I dont think any reasonable person thought that. Now saying that, theres no way AJ should be getting minutes in front of JN. Give him a couple more games coming off the bench and all of you will be eating your words. He's not better than and old 3rd string point guard. Please
youre just sick minded
marko

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

magic will win game 4 and 5!!!
and then the pressure is all over the lakers!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Anthony Johnson Discussions

Search the Anthony Johnson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Lakewood High School (Jul '10) Jul '10 AIMFORTHEHEAD 2
OrlandoMagic.com: Air France Soars (Jun '09) Jun '09 Sol Rosenberg 2
Which Orlando Magic player might be moved in th... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jeff 20
Keyon Dooling still holds warm feelings for the... (Feb '09) Jun '09 Tree 16
Magic PG Anthony Johnson remains 'the odd man o... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jimi Streets 21
Changing of guards futile (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jimbo 6
Magic's offense is at the breaking point (Jun '09) Jun '09 George 32
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••