After loss, Manuel expresses impatience with Phillies' hitting

Full story: York Dispatch
Charlie Manuel is growing impatient as he waits for his Phillies' bats to gain momentum. Full Story
Phillies Fan

Pittston, PA

#1 May 15, 2011
Phillies batters (particularly Rollins and Howard) keep the bat on their shoulders for more called strikes than any team I've ever seen. This is especially true for Ryan Howard and strike one. For all intent and purposes, it only takes two pitches to strike out Ryan Howard, because the first pitch can be right down the heart of the plate and the bat won't budge.

Fearful, non-aggressive and seemingly unable to make things happen with runners in scoring position on a regular basis. With any other rotation, this team would be a distant third in the NL East.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roy Halladay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MLB Rumors: 5 Contenders Already Looking for Ke... (Apr '13) Apr '13 baseball fan 1
Philadelphia Phillies Rumors: Major Players For... (Mar '13) Mar '13 305YanksFan 2
How Much Time Should Phillies Give Domonic Brown? (Dec '12) Dec '12 matt 1
Not the time to fire Charlie Manuel (Aug '12) Aug '12 Manuels radar map... 1
Three Philly athletes on Forbes 100 list (Jun '12) Jun '12 cantstandhaters 6
Theo Epstein to Cubs: How Long Will It Take to ... (Oct '11) Oct '11 BionicBippy 1
Cardinals eliminate Phillies (Oct '11) Oct '11 Kush_Opiates 4
•••
•••

Roy Halladay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••