Justin Morneau leads Minnesota Twins to sweep of Oakland

Full story: TwinCities.com

RECAP: Nick Blackburn scattered five hits over seven innings, and Rene Rivera , Justin Morneau and Trevor Plouffe homered as the Twins swept a two-game series from the Athletics with an 11-1 victory in front of 22,320 at Oakland Coliseum.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated May 20, 2011
Roy Finden

Minneapolis, MN

#1 May 19, 2011
Jeez, get the headline right!
Jumping

The Colony, TX

#2 May 19, 2011
Just in time for Mauer to return and claim credit for resurrecting the Twins.
TWINS FAN

Mason City, IA

#3 May 19, 2011
Thank you men.....This is what we look for in our teams....Keep it up...
jimbo92107

Minneapolis, MN

#4 May 19, 2011
Justin Morneau is back. Those swings were powerful and on balance. Rene Rivera looks like he's got real pop in his bat. Trevor Plouffe showed why he's going to be the Twins SS for the next ten years.

Not a bad game.
space ace

Saint Paul, MN

#5 May 19, 2011
Ownage. Now lets go kick arizona's a$$.
Scott in Orlando

Orlando, FL

#6 May 20, 2011
Good to see a dominant win! I like that Ploufee is playing well - his opb is higher than Span's so he fits in at the top of the order nicely, and has occaisonal power. I think he deserves to remain on the team when Nishioka returns. Closely linked to that ... Hughes should be gettting most of the starts at 2nd base. Why the obsession with Casilla? He has not come through for the team. In fact, Hughes should spot start at 3rd just to give Valencia a break since Luke will probably be sent down once either Thome or Repko returns.

I'm glad to see Morneau returning to form. Concussions are a serious deal and his road back has been slow. The team needs him. Also starting to wonder about Young. Was 2010 the abberation? He's not a very good fielder so when he hits below the Mendoza line, what do you have?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Justin Morneau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Justin Morneau's Top 20 Moments as a Minnesota ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Bleeds Purple 1
Report: New York Yankees Are Not Interested in ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Yankee North 1
Brawl erupts between Canada, Mexico at WBC game (Mar '13) Mar '13 StellarKnight 1
Angels-Twins Preview (Apr '12) Apr '12 watch them lose 2
Power Ranking the 25 Best Players in the AL Cen... (Dec '11) Dec '11 greg 1
Ron Gardenhire hopes young Twins heed veterans'... (May '11) Jun '11 still hope he goes 31
Nishioka eager to rejoin Twins after leg recovery (Jun '11) Jun '11 Dan_20 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Justin Morneau People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••