Media spotlight finds Joe Mauer

Full story: TwinCities.com

FORT MYERS, Fla. - Joe Mauer arrived at Hammond Stadium fresh off a media tour of New York City that included a spots on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon," "Mike & Mike in the Morning" and ESPN's "SportsCenter." Did he enjoy it? "No," he said.
Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Feb 17, 2011
brachiosaurus

Taunton, MA

#1 Feb 17, 2011
There will be a lot of criticism of Mauer. With his making 23 million dollars per year, it's hard to feel sorry for him, but he will be, as most great athletes are, under a lot of pressure to demonstrate his value. The article suggests that Mauer is interested in getting down to business and doing what he is paid to do. When Mauer can go top speed, he is an excellent ballplayer. The Twins can only benefit from a healthy Mauer. As for his RBI totals, he was batting behind a couple .268 hitters most of the time. and rarely with both on base at the same time. If Span can get on base more often and Nishioka proves to be a .300 hitter, Mauer will get more RBI opportunities 2011.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Mauer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time for catchers to step up to plate (Feb '14) Feb '14 An Interested Obs... 1
Justin Morneau's Top 20 Moments as a Minnesota ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Bleeds Purple 1
MLB Trade Scenarios: Is Joe Mauer or Justin Upt... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Jammer Man 2
Time for Twins to think about 2012 (Aug '11) Aug '12 Ozzie Guillen 29
Mauer money, Mauer problems (Jan '12) Jul '12 they will lose 10... 9
Pujols & Angels shut out again, 4-0 by Blue Jays (May '12) May '12 hatchet 2
Spring training: With workouts beginning, Joe N... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Ozzie Guillen 3
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Joe Mauer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••