Detwiler, Nats Look for Gravy Among Lumps

PHILADELPHIA, May 29 -- So long as night after night that passes without a win, the Washington Nationals -- and in particular, the subset of rookies in their pitching rotation -- must grow without the gratification. Full Story
Candice Minear

Kansas City, MO

#1 May 31, 2009
I went to college with Ross until an accident landed me in a wheelchair. Before and after though I followed all his games because he was one of my good friends and I can say no matter how hard he may have got roughed in a game, which was rarely, he never left it get to him or hold him back from going out and giving his best each outing. He'll be around for a long time. He's still my friend today and even after the game against Philly we were texting back and forth and he recognized what he did wrong, but took away the positives that happened and knew what he needed to work on for his next outing. He may be a tall, skinny guy, but there's a lot of power behing his arm!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jimmy Rollins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why the Phillies Should Re-sign Jimmy Rollins (Oct '11) Oct '11 Meow meow 1
Phillies clinch 5th straight NL East title (Sep '11) Sep '11 Marissa 2 11
Phillies 10, Reds 3: Arroyo shelled | The Colum... (May '11) May '11 Cincinnati FAILS 1
Madson keeps things loose, dons mask in tub (Oct '10) Oct '10 Ijfri 1
Loss to Phillies caps miserable homestand (Aug '10) Aug '10 edd 1
Phleeting Thoughts: Phils-Rockies Game 4 (Jul '10) Jul '10 Jill_In_Florida 2
Phillies win on Rollins' home run (Jun '10) Jun '10 Rich T 2
More from around the web