Bill Smith's first year as Twins GM: Big and little deals, good...

Full story: TwinCities.com

Few things surprised Bill Smith. He may be just one season into his tenure as Twins general manager, but changing offices last year from a cramped space to the corner spot on Kirby Puckett Place reflected ...

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 24 of24
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ChiTWINfan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Judged:

If we want to compare apples to apples, how about another lefty Cy-young winner going to the Mets for a bunch of nobodys...yes, the Frank Viola trade. How many World Series rings did Viola get as a Met? How many did Aguilera and Tapani get as Twins?

Seriously though, nothing against Cuddyer, but I think he's the odd man out. That is, unless he becomes the righty-hitting 3B we so desperately need. His .941 career fielding pct there makes me doubt that, though. Plus, Pridie will be the 4th OF next year (not counting Kubel aka 'Lil Big Poppy)

Here's the two moves that I would love to see: Sign Orlando Cabrera to play SS and trade for Garrett Atkins to play 3B. Colorado is more desperate for SP than offense and he's rumored to be on the block.

This would be the usual lineup:

LF Span (yes, LF)
SS Cabrera
C Mauer
1B Morneau
3B Atkins
DH Kubel
RF Young (yes, RF look at his numbers)
2B Casilla
CF Gomez

Just make sure Boof brings a scarf to Colorado...
ChiTWINfan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Judged:

And do we miss Grant Balfour? I say, Go Rays!
smart baseball

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

bill smith looks like a young bill brown former vikings RB. love the crew cut... now go get a 3B, LF, RF 20-25 HR, 80-90 RBI guy. That's what we need.
Redbird

South Bend, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

It would be foolish to trade Young or Gomez at this point. Either or both could be stars in a few years, it takes time to develop just look at Morneau, Kubel and Nathan. They all strugled as young players. Mauer and a few others around the league that were stars from day one are the exception. I would trade Gomez/Young for Longoria or some young third basemen that the Twins could tie up for a few years, but Beltre will be a free agent this time next year and makes $14 mil a year...A bad fit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 24 of24
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jason Bartlett Discussions

Search the Jason Bartlett Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Braun hits 3 homers, Brewers down Padres (May '12) May '12 No one 1
Minaya joins Padres in time for closer hunt (Dec '11) Dec '11 XFlushing Fan 1
Tom Powers: Deolis Guerra will make or break th... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Manly Fish Yogurt 10
Hudson, Bartlett off to San Diego (Dec '10) Dec '10 loud mouth 2
Hot stove heats up winter meetings (Dec '10) Dec '10 Speed 2
Pena goes to Cubs, Konerko back to White Sox (Dec '10) Dec '10 triple6vamp 1
Up, up and ... a win (Aug '10) Aug '10 Dan 12
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••