Philadelphia Phillies on the Cusp of Dealing Jayson Werth?

Jul 21, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bleacher Report

It appears that Jayson Werth's days are numbered in Philadelphia. According to reports by Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports and others, the Phillies are discussing a deal that could see them land a top of the rotation starter.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Bill EE

Coatesville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

I really think that Jayson (feat the beard) Werth would make an impact for Tampa (unlike Pat the Bat) I would believe that if Astro's deal Oswalt he would def. go to Philly, then Happ (hate to see him go)to Houston w/another prospect (Aumont?). Tampa might send Philly a prospect (I hope the best we can get AA player hopefully) infielder?? Let's see what takesplace the next few days.(Or hours??)

“Zebra Girls Rule!”

Since: Jul 10

the Open Range

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Jayson Werth has to be traded before he goes to free agancy.
Tampa Bay is a contender, so that's a logical consideration. AND, although the Phillies need a rotation pitcher, they also need some big-time help out of the bull pen. So, I'm thinking Grant Balfour, the Aussie, may be a very productive choice!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent J.A. Happ Discussions

Search the J.A. Happ Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Astros look to future as team sinks to new low (Aug '12) Aug '12 Old Sam 1
Paul Hagen: Injury-ravaged Phillies should not ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 cruisin10 1
Phils get hammered by Mets (May '10) May '10 Mets Fan Forever 1
Halladay and Lee? Manuel wishes Philly had both (Jan '10) Jan '10 weidy 1
Phils' manager wanted to keep Cliff Lee (Jan '10) Jan '10 DARK STAR 1
Pedro ready to pitch after period of inactivity (Oct '09) Oct '09 Bjor Lindeman 1
Rockies juggle lineup against Happ, replacing A... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Proud Veteran USA 10
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••