White Sox a work in progress as camp opens

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Like the Camelback Ranch construction, the White Sox are a work in progress. "We're only going to get better," general manager Ken Williams said nearly three weeks ago in assessing his youth-infused roster.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 59 of59
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sensiblesoxfan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

No I dont. Dude. I think you cub fans are dreaming on how cubs will choke every night.

No i posted under your name to make you stupid comment?

And what are you doing here?

You see this is it. To make any logical sense to cub fan like you will take this many responses.
yet you dont get.

Dream on cub choking.. Not winning.
KW Fan

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

Sensiblesoxfan wrote:
No I dont. Dude. I think you cub fans are dreaming on how cubs will choke every night.
No i posted under your name to make you stupid comment?
And what are you doing here?
You see this is it. To make any logical sense to cub fan like you will take this many responses.
yet you dont get.
Dream on cub choking.. Not winning.
I think you are in love with the Cubs. every post you white confirms it too.
haha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

Nope I do not. White sox fan here.

You cub fan chokes. I do not go for loser.

So did you understand what Id-guy is saying?
KW Fan

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

haha wrote:
Nope I do not. White sox fan here.
You cub fan chokes. I do not go for loser.
So did you understand what Id-guy is saying?
I don't know about that, you bring up the Cubs more than anyone I've ever seen.
Do you walk around saying WOO WOO too?
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

******JOIN NADA NATION NOW****

Appointments are currently being filled for the following positions:

Secretary of the Department of Lack of Education
Secretary of the Department of the Defenseless

Head of Nada Nation
Nada Surf
okyoutalkoncubmo ves

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

who is woo woo? we bring cub more because you are not making any sense at all on white sox moves even though it is pointed out here.

South side fans are logical and sensible.

You are cub fan so why do not talk about cub moves? ok you go ahead bring cub moves? I do not bring cub moves because - it does not make sense.
ldc

Champaign, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

This thread is a lost cause.
KW Fan

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

okyoutalkoncubmoves wrote:
who is woo woo? we bring cub more because you are not making any sense at all on white sox moves even though it is pointed out here.
You are cub fan so why do not talk about cub moves? ok you go ahead bring cub moves? I do not bring cub moves because - it does not make sense.
If I was a Cubs fan trying to make sox fans look like idiots, I would do exactly what you are doing. I would write incoherent rants that would make people think sox fans are complete idiots who are incapable of writing at the most basic Alabama 3rd grade level. Of course you are a Cubs fan, for this stuff to be real is incomprehensible.
Besides, no real sox would put the Cubs in every single one of their posts. No one is that stupid.
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

There are parts of speech called "articles". They are very important when writing. Please have someone ghostwrite your garbage as you are not capable of adult level communication.
KW Fan

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

ldc wrote:
Wow, thanks for pointing that out.
KW Fan

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
There are parts of speech called "articles". They are very important when writing. Please have someone ghostwrite your garbage as you are not capable of adult level communication.
I'm with Nada on this one, IDC and Carol Stream are absolutely meant to be together with him.
Kurt Livingston

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

I would go with Richard in the No. 5 slot, unless Marquez clearly out-pitches him, for the reason that Richard, a lefty, should be better at keeping runners on 1B - a skill that A.J. clearly needs more Sox pitchers to work on.
KW Fan

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

who is woo woo?
I never said Woo WOo was a person, I just asked if you walk around saying that. It is interesting that associated that with a person though. Again, very telling.
KW Fan

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

Kurt Livingston wrote:
I would go with Richard in the No. 5 slot, unless Marquez clearly out-pitches him, for the reason that Richard, a lefty, should be better at keeping runners on 1B - a skill that A.J. clearly needs more Sox pitchers to work on.
If Marquez out pitches anyone, this season is over now, "Guys who can't strike out 4 batters per 9 IP in AAA have a good track record in the majors, right?" SSS
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

ldc wrote:
So is this site.
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

KW Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with Nada on this one, IDC and Carol Stream are absolutely meant to be together with him.
Would you like a cabinet post?
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

KW Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If Marquez out pitches anyone, this season is over now, "Guys who can't strike out 4 batters per 9 IP in AAA have a good track record in the majors, right?" SSS
Strikeouts don't mean a thing.
from the far south side

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2009

This team has more holes than a swiss cheese. The only thing KW's offseason moves accomplished was to dump salary. Absolutely none of the team's needs were met and new holes were actually created. Yes, the rest of the division (except maybe for the Indians) has deteriorated too, but not enough for the Sox to prevail. I guess we are waiting for 2010 or 2011... to see which kids develop and which salaries get unloaded via free agency or trading deadline deals. Get out to see Konerko, Thome, Dye, Jenks and several others early in the season if you're a fan, cuz they won't be here much longer... not next year. Of course, just because this year will be a write off, doesn't guarantee that next year will be better. Even if some kids develop, KW must go out and find some additional talent.
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2009

To fill holes you have to identify holes, first...
The Sox identified two holes with Vazquez and Swisher.
They're gone.
No matter who is in their places, they will be improvements.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 59 of59
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gavin Floyd Discussions

Search the Gavin Floyd Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
A.J. Pierzynski hits inside-the-park homer, 2 d... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Ozzie Guillen 1
Jim Bowden's Five Trades for the White Sox (Dec '11) Dec '11 Ozzie Guillen 2
Chicago White Sox: Who Should Stay and Who Shou... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Ozzie Guillen 2
White Sox starter Gavin Floyd leaves game early (Sep '10) Sep '10 Ozzie Guillen 1
Joe Mauer does the most damage to Chicago's fee... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Jackie 2
AL Central Division Preview: Chicago White Sox ... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Jack 1
Wiley invited to play in Preseason All-American... (Jan '10) Jan '10 hanna 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••