Mets' evil twins return in sloppy loss to Reds

Full story: Newsday 6
There it was, etched on the faces of the Mets and apparent in their body language. Full Story
Here we go again

Binghamton, NY

#1 Jul 20, 2008
let's hope that 10 game winnjing streak doesn't now turn into a 10 game losing streak----that is how inconsistent the Mets have been this year so it wouldn't surprise me if that happened.
Scott G

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jul 20, 2008
Last night was the typical loss that reminds us why the Mets are mediocre....dozen chances blown at the plate, fielding mistakes and inopportune pitching at the wrong time. Right the ship soon or the boat starts sinking again.
trackmac77

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Jul 20, 2008
Perez was getting hit hard even on balls that were cuaght for outs; he remains a thrower and not a pitcher. And the pen was no help for the third night in a row. Added to that, the Mets offense sputtered and helped out the Reds staff at just about every opportunity. Didn't this team just win something like 10 in a row recently or was I just dreaming that?
rich

AOL

#4 Jul 20, 2008
Jeez Beltran agin 3-2 strikeout looking with base loaded. I have seen that scene many times bore at least 6. Any one know how many. Some one tell him SWING.
kat

Miami, FL

#5 Jul 20, 2008
Beltran is strictly 100% Guess hitter, he guesses wrong the bat sits there on his shoulder
fadinfast

Taylorsville, NC

#6 Jul 20, 2008
1 up 2 down since the break.....not good! Two bad pitching outings in a row. Beltran back to looking at 3rd strikes...not agressive at all and bad defense. Mauel needs to chew some ass to let them know this type of play will return them to .500 or worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Ross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Ross follows Lester to the Cubs Dec 20 EARL SCOTT 1
Still More On Jon Lester, Free Agent Nov 26 EARL SCOTT 1
Ross drives in game-winner with bases-loaded si... (Jul '09) Jul '09 thingy 1
Braves outlast Pirates in 15, 7-6 (Jun '09) Jun '09 sarah ross 1
Ross drives in game-winner with bases-loaded si... (Jun '09) Jun '09 yellow boy 1
Samson: Trade possible if deal is right (Jul '08) Jul '08 Pete 7
Reds rip Cubs with 7 homers (Jul '08) Jul '08 jim in arizona 44
More from around the web