a new home ... an old nightmare

Full story: TwinCities.com

New ballpark, new payroll, same old results. The Twins, former small-market pushovers, still had no success even as a middle-market powerhouse against the New York Yankees.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 45 of45
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yoda

Barron, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Jimi wrote:
<quoted text>
One other thing... having 3 huge billboard (dome, gogher dome, and target dome) creates yet more sapce for advertisers
Oh, so it's part of the business community's stimulus plan? In that case, I'm sure people won't mind having their pockets picked to fund it.
Yoda

Barron, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Bry Guy wrote:
BIG difference in this game was managing. When Tex got that double off of Lirano he looked tired that eventually walked A-Rod, he should of been pulled right after that. My choice would be Guieer instead of Crain Wreck as he has been back giving up hits and HR over the last 2 weeks.
Giradi in the 6th pitched around Kubel to go after Valencia and JJ Hardy with limited damage, then with bases loaded again in the 8th he put MO in to get Span out. Now IMHO a Morneau-less Twins is causing a problem at the plate.
I am getting sick of the Twins performances in the post season! This all lays of Gardy.
At least the boys across the concrete jungle "Vikings" have advanced to the conference championship game 3 times over the last 12 years!
Trivia Question MN Fans? Will not include Timmy Brewster in this.
Who is a bigger choker
A-Gardy
B-Childress
Cudos to Cuddyer for showing up! Twins LEARN HOW TO HIT HR IN YOUR BALL PARK.
That's why they pay you the big bucks.
O-3E in 101st Airborne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
also, glad to see you made it home safe
Thanks brother! Good to be home! Sorry for the negativity. Just calling it like I see it. I will say this, I'm pretty impressed with Valencia now that I can watch him play. But it would be nice if the Twins had a Rob Dibble type guy in the bullpen who could blow it by people.
Dan

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

O-3E in 101st Airborne wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks brother! Good to be home! Sorry for the negativity. Just calling it like I see it. I will say this, I'm pretty impressed with Valencia now that I can watch him play. But it would be nice if the Twins had a Rob Dibble type guy in the bullpen who could blow it by people.
i blame gardenhoser for the attitude of this team. he treat theses millionaires with kid gloves. plus, look at the press conference after the game. if this cant fire up a team to play mad then nothing will. think its time to give this team an enema. glad to see this team has one position taken care of for next year with velencia. i like it when people dont sugar coat the obvious. be honest tell it like it is, have your facts to support your side and when all else fails, agree to disagee
youdontknowsquat

Barron, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

Congrats to all of you dumb(!)es who think that you know how to coach and manage a professional sports team! It takes a special talent to be so clueless that you repeatedly demonstrate your ineptitude, while being totally unaware of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 45 of45
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Curtis Granderson Discussions

Search the Curtis Granderson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jacoby Ellsbury, Yankees closing in on seven-ye... Dec '13 Mets Fan Forever 3
Mets Morning News: Mets interested in Peralta, ... Nov '13 XFlushing Fan 1
Why Jacoby Ellsbury, Matt Garza Are Wrong Targe... Nov '13 Comnsnse 1
New York Yankees Will be Forced to Rely on Agin... (Oct '13) Oct '13 npc 1
5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
As New York Yankees' DL List Grows Should They ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris mari 1
Yankees closer Mariano worried about team if st... (Jul '13) Jul '13 tongue check 5
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••