Marlins send Maybin to Triple-A

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

DENVER The Florida Marlins optioned struggling outfielder Cameron Maybin to Triple-A New Orleans after today's 3-2 loss to the Colorado Rockies.
Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated May 13, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ Mr. Cougar”

Since: Mar 07

Asheville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 10, 2009
 
Hooker loves u
Baseball Fan

Candler, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 10, 2009
 
Hey, don't let it bring you down. The majors are all about getting you were you need to be, ups and downs between majors and minors is the normal. You are still great and everyone is still thrilled to hear what you are up to no matter what it is. Keep your head up and hit the crap out of those balls!
Real Work

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 10, 2009
 
Hey, Playing Baseball for a living (Minor Or Major) is still better than working a crap job somewhere. Hit the ball and touch'em all!

Since: Sep 08

Mills River, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 11, 2009
 
Maybin is a Has-Bin and will not be successful in the major leagues.He's had years to make it. hopefully the Marlins cut thier losses and obtain a serious contender, and soon!
Mike

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 11, 2009
 
hikerusa wrote:
Maybin is a Has-Bin and will not be successful in the major leagues.He's had years to make it. hopefully the Marlins cut thier losses and obtain a serious contender, and soon!
You do realize that Cameron is less that 21 years old don't you? Surely you're being "cute" and funny. He's still way ahead of the game as far as timeframe to the majors is concerned.
Triple A

Bloomfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 11, 2009
 
Doesn't look promising for Cameron. Even he is in denial over his poor performance, pointing the finger at other prospects who are not doing well, and discussing the talent the Marlins traded for him. Results keep you on the roster, and right now Maybin just can't produce the results to even stay in AAA ball. The fact that he is still classified as a rookie is a joke, he's been on the scene for three years. The one thing the Marlins have going for them is that Maybin only pulls a $400K salary.
dail y driver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 11, 2009
 
ONLY $400K thats more than you probably will see!!!!
The Beaver

Candler, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 11, 2009
 
hikerusa wrote:
Maybin is a Has-Bin and will not be successful in the major leagues.He's had years to make it. hopefully the Marlins cut thier losses and obtain a serious contender, and soon!
Cameron lost out in Detroit to a young man named Curtis Granderson, who IMO is the best centerfielder in baseball.

Cameron, at least LOOK like a ballplayer, and learn to wear your ballcap the right way!
Its Like This

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 11, 2009
 
It both amazes me and saddens me that people, especially locals, wish the worse for this young man or speak poorly about him. How many of you that are speaking about this 21 year old actually know him past what you read in the paper? He is an extremely kind young man, always smiling, always positive. If I had to pick a role model for my children, he would be it. Not based on his athletic abilities, but based on his attitude and his heart.

Cameron has an incredible work ethic and his time will come. Professional baseball is the hardest sport to become successful in. There are a lot of players who spend years in the minors before ever seeing their first pitch as a major league player. Cameron on the other hand, knows first hand what he needs to work at, and he will, and he will be successful.

And last I checked, Cameron was DRESSED in accordance with the MLB rules, INCLUDING his hat. However, the reality is, his hat makes absolutely no difference with his performance one way or another.

People need to learn to be kinder and more supportive. Words are very powerful and once spoken can't be taken back and they aren't easily forgotten. You never know how your words will affect someone - good or bad.
2 Tuff

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 11, 2009
 
hikerusa wrote:
Maybin is a Has-Bin and will not be successful in the major leagues.He's had years to make it. hopefully the Marlins cut thier losses and obtain a serious contender, and soon!
Wow what a hater what has this kid done to you.Was he that much better than your son in high school maybe you wish you had made it to the bigs your the loser.
Flunkie

Bloomfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 11, 2009
 
Good luck Cameron, you'll need it. They don't call it the big leagues for nothing. Time to step your game up and at least hit 0.250 to stay on the roster.
Citizen Blogger X

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 11, 2009
 
I sat in the field behind centerfield with Camerons family during one of his games his senior year at Roberson, His performance that day was lackluster at best, Sadly all his family could do was talk about the money he was going to make by skipping college and going pro, Cameron is not to baseball what Lebron James was to basketball , He should consider retiring , getting his college education then come out of retirement !! Cameron !! You were too young and had $$$ in your eyes , Come back down to earth !!
Skyland Baseball Fan

Linville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 11, 2009
 
Well can't say this is too much of a surprise. Striking out at a nearly 37 percent rate in the majors is not acceptable. Even in Double A, where he hit a very respectable .277 last season, his strikeout total was far too high.

While he is a legitimate five tool prospect he needs some serious work on his strike zone recognition. Some time with the hitting instructor and in the video room is certainly in order.

In all honesty I think the Marlins and especially the Tigers have rushed Cameron far too much. I really don't know what the Tigers were expecting when they brought him up in Aug 2007. At that pt. he hadn't played in more than 6 games above the Single A level.

Good luck Cameron. Work hard, stay focused, and hope to see you in the bigs again sometime later this season!
Skyland Baseball Fan

Linville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 11, 2009
 
Its Like This wrote:
Words are very powerful and once spoken can't be taken back and they aren't easily forgotten. You never know how your words will affect someone - good or bad.
Are you seriously for real? This is called a MESSAGE BOARD. Do you honestly think Cameron or his family sits around on pins and needles worried about what people in cyberspace are saying about him. He is a professional athlete and such ridiculous insults/comments go with the territory.

I think Cameron is a tremendous talent and has represented WNC in fine fashion thus far. Unfortunately it takes more than potential, a good attitude, and a "nice smile" to make it in MLB. Hopefully the chance to play every day and the time to develop his talent in AAA will help him get things turned around.
OLD SKOOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 11, 2009
 
Skyland Baseball Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you seriously for real? This is called a MESSAGE BOARD. Do you honestly think Cameron or his family sits around on pins and needles worried about what people in cyberspace are saying about him. He is a professional athlete and such ridiculous insults/comments go with the territory.
I think Cameron is a tremendous talent and has represented WNC in fine fashion thus far. Unfortunately it takes more than potential, a good attitude, and a "nice smile" to make it in MLB. Hopefully the chance to play every day and the time to develop his talent in AAA will help him get things turned around.
That is why you are a fan and not a player.You sit around drink beer and hate on the brothers who are making it...When the local white boys struggled in MLB or the NFL I did not read such hate remember Brad Johnson what a poor season he had last year...Mr Maybin hang tuff,and stay strong your 21 and the best is still ahead... GOD bless....Young, Black,and Strong what a powerful combination...A white mans greatest fear...
Triple A

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 12, 2009
 
OLD SKOOL wrote:
<quoted text>That is why you are a fan and not a player.You sit around drink beer and hate on the brothers who are making it...When the local white boys struggled in MLB or the NFL I did not read such hate remember Brad Johnson what a poor season he had last year...Mr Maybin hang tuff,and stay strong your 21 and the best is still ahead... GOD bless....Young, Black,and Strong what a powerful combination...A white mans greatest fear...
Looks like your colored hero can't keep up with the white man's 95+ mph fastball. He won't even cut it in AAA.
OLD SKOOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 12, 2009
 
Triple A wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like your colored hero can't keep up with the white man's 95+ mph fastball. He won't even cut it in AAA.
When was the last time you threw a 95 mph fastball only your mouth can move that fast colored boy...white ,pink.red and blue.He is not my hero just a kid 21 years old being hated on by jealous white colored boys.
Triple A

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 13, 2009
 
OLD SKOOL wrote:
<quoted text>When was the last time you threw a 95 mph fastball only your mouth can move that fast colored boy...white ,pink.red and blue.He is not my hero just a kid 21 years old being hated on by jealous white colored boys.
Ah, further proof that the colored (black) man is not ready for society. No one is jealous of this poor young man struggling to live up to the hype. Like a typical colored man, he is pointing the finger and blaming others. One day an introspective look will reveal the problem, staring right back at him in the mirror.
Smoky mountain momma

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 13, 2009
 
Triple A wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, further proof that the colored (black) man is not ready for society. No one is jealous of this poor young man struggling to live up to the hype. Like a typical colored man, he is pointing the finger and blaming others. One day an introspective look will reveal the problem, staring right back at him in the mirror.
SHAME!!!!ShAME!!! on all of you! Cam will rise to the TOP! "KIM" keep it moving, Cam!
2 Tuff

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 13, 2009
 
Triple A wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, further proof that the colored (black) man is not ready for society. No one is jealous of this poor young man struggling to live up to the hype. Like a typical colored man, he is pointing the finger and blaming others. One day an introspective look will reveal the problem, staring right back at him in the mirror.
aaa seems like you are pretty jealous 21 yr old young man playing for the Fla Marlins at 21, your probably over 40 and only played T-ball and you have is what ifs. I feel very sorry for you aaa ,well you are use to living at a lower level.You cannot even make the big league in life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cameron Maybin Discussions

Search the Cameron Maybin Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Kotsay helps Padres avoid sweep (Apr '12) Apr '12 Yawn 1
Minaya joins Padres in time for closer hunt (Dec '11) Dec '11 XFlushing Fan 1
Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
Milwaukee Brewers: Brewers blow 4-0 lead, lose ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Amy 2
Grasshoppers Topple Major League Marlins, 8-7 (Apr '10) Apr '10 raa1948 1
Cameron Maybin injures left groin in Marlins' 7... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Steve 1
2007 Maybin At Bat Picture Requests (Jul '09) Jul '09 Maybin fan 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••