Dodgers fire Murray as hitting coach

Full story: Baltimore Sun
The Dodgers fired former Oriole and Hall of Famer Eddie Murray as hitting coach today -- a day after completing a three-game sweep of the NL East-leading New York Mets in which they got 31 hits and scored 18 ... Full Story

Since: Apr 07

Parkville

#1 Jun 14, 2007
Maybe the Orioles should have traded Terry crowley to the Dodgers for Eddie Murray.
pajoyo

Upper Marlboro, MD

#2 Jun 14, 2007
If the Dodgers, a winning team, can fire Eddie Murray a native Los Angelino, Hall of Famer and prior to this year a successful batting coach, why can't the Orioles fire the grossly incompetent Sam Perlozzo who has never been successful at the major league level as a player or manager.
andrew

Springfield, VA

#3 Jun 14, 2007
pajoyo wrote:
If the Dodgers, a winning team, can fire Eddie Murray a native Los Angelino, Hall of Famer and prior to this year a successful batting coach, why can't the Orioles fire the grossly incompetent Sam Perlozzo who has never been successful at the major league level as a player or manager.
are you nuts? Can Perlozzo field,hit, pitch the ball? all he can do is manage this ballclub. let him manage this ballclub.
What

Bethpage, NY

#4 Jun 14, 2007
There was something else going on when your team led the National League in batting average last year and still getting good numbers this year.? I hope for Eddie Murray the best. Maybe another team will see the value in him. The baseball team is also comprised of pitching and defense too...
pajoyo

Upper Marlboro, MD

#5 Jun 14, 2007
Andrew, no personal attacks please. Using your logic when players continuously get picked off base, fail to run out ground balls, throw to the wrong cut off man, have public arguments with the manager without disciplinary action taken re: Mora, Gibbons, etc., it not the manager's fault. I thought a manager job was to inspire, show leadership, firmness, and take actions which lead the players to run out ground balls, throw to the right cut off man, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Mueller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Mueller resigns as Chicago Cubs' hitting c... Oct 8 BionicBippy 1
Expect Red Sox offense to be smash hit (Dec '10) Dec '10 nodemyhere 1
Sox finally flex their muscles (May '10) May '10 money ball 8
Series hero Roberts has lymphoma (May '10) May '10 Eddie 1
Marlins won't soon forget pain, joy of 2003 tri... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Al in NJ 5
He's No Agent Of Change (Nov '07) Nov '07 Matt 2

Bill Mueller People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE