Dodgers fire Murray as hitting coach

Full story: Baltimore Sun

The Dodgers fired former Oriole and Hall of Famer Eddie Murray as hitting coach today -- a day after completing a three-game sweep of the NL East-leading New York Mets in which they got 31 hits and scored 18 ...
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jun 14, 2007

Since: Apr 07

Parkville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

Maybe the Orioles should have traded Terry crowley to the Dodgers for Eddie Murray.
pajoyo

Capitol Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

If the Dodgers, a winning team, can fire Eddie Murray a native Los Angelino, Hall of Famer and prior to this year a successful batting coach, why can't the Orioles fire the grossly incompetent Sam Perlozzo who has never been successful at the major league level as a player or manager.
andrew

Mechanicsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

pajoyo wrote:
If the Dodgers, a winning team, can fire Eddie Murray a native Los Angelino, Hall of Famer and prior to this year a successful batting coach, why can't the Orioles fire the grossly incompetent Sam Perlozzo who has never been successful at the major league level as a player or manager.
are you nuts? Can Perlozzo field,hit, pitch the ball? all he can do is manage this ballclub. let him manage this ballclub.
What

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

There was something else going on when your team led the National League in batting average last year and still getting good numbers this year.? I hope for Eddie Murray the best. Maybe another team will see the value in him. The baseball team is also comprised of pitching and defense too...
pajoyo

Capitol Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

Andrew, no personal attacks please. Using your logic when players continuously get picked off base, fail to run out ground balls, throw to the wrong cut off man, have public arguments with the manager without disciplinary action taken re: Mora, Gibbons, etc., it not the manager's fault. I thought a manager job was to inspire, show leadership, firmness, and take actions which lead the players to run out ground balls, throw to the right cut off man, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bill Mueller Discussions

Search the Bill Mueller Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Expect Red Sox offense to be smash hit (Dec '10) Dec '10 nodemyhere 1
Sox finally flex their muscles (May '10) May '10 money ball 8
Series hero Roberts has lymphoma (May '10) May '10 Eddie 1
Marlins won't soon forget pain, joy of 2003 tri... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Al in NJ 5
He's No Agent Of Change (Nov '07) Nov '07 Matt 2
•••
•••
•••
•••