Chicago White Sox manager upset with Bartolo Colon

Bartolo Colon 's swollen right elbow came as an unpleasant surprise to manager Ozzie Guillen . Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 09

Aurora, IL

#1 Jul 29, 2009
This might be the end of the line for Colon. He was just injured for two months and now he can't make back to back starts without more time on the DL. The Sox have already ruled out Colon in the pen.

Let me get this straight.. Randy Williams is a left-handed relief pitcher with major league experience and he's surprised that a major league team had an interest in him? Hello! Jamie Moyer!
The party is over

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#2 Jul 29, 2009
Cut Colon, give him his unconditional release and bring up Poreda. Bring up a whole bunch of kids and let them loose on the playing field. They can't do worse than this lot.
Martyb

AOL

#3 Jul 30, 2009
This guy is not worth it get rid of him ...
Soxhead

New Lenox, IL

#4 Jul 30, 2009
Lets do a be honest please. How many of you Sox fans see this team of geriatric retreads going no where? How many of you are going to be paying big $ to go to the Cell and watch this dog-due that K. Williams has put together and Ozzie mis-manages?

I need to know if I'm the only Sox-fan that thinks Alexi Ramierez is the laziest stiff on the team and Ozzie obviously puts up with it. You would think Ozzie would have a little pride in the way he played the position to jerk this idiot off the field.

How many of you Sox-fans think that K. Williams does a better job of holding onto the club's purse strings than putting together a solid team.

Is there age discrimination in baseball? Is the White Sox organization trying to make this "retread park"?

Kenny Williams complains that the fans aren't coming out to fill the seats. HELLO! Look what you've put together for a team. You watch the seats go empty while we're watching this team of geriatrics suck hind wind.
Coach Killer

Yorkville, IL

#5 Jul 30, 2009
Kenny - Please, in the name of Wilbur Wood and all that is holy....no more retreads, has beens or miracle cures.

Consider yourself lucky that Pods has played good for a few months and Contreras as won a couple of games. But no matter what let's not see anymore guys like this. Find someone, anyone, that is in their prime no matter what position they play or how talented they are.

Barring that let guys like Clayton Richard have their ups and downs this year so we don't have to live with it next year.
MR KENNEDY

Rensselaer, IN

#6 Jul 30, 2009
The Missile did the Sox a favor last night at second base.I am done with this guy.KW can't trade him now for anything.And the Yankees could end any hope of post season play this season.BA and Fields,thanks Walker for doing such a fine job with these two.And please someone keep him away from Beckham.
The party is over

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#7 Jul 30, 2009
Soxhead wrote:
Lets do a be honest please. How many of you Sox fans see this team of geriatric retreads going no where? How many of you are going to be paying big $ to go to the Cell and watch this dog-due that K. Williams has put together and Ozzie mis-manages?
I need to know if I'm the only Sox-fan that thinks Alexi Ramierez is the laziest stiff on the team and Ozzie obviously puts up with it. You would think Ozzie would have a little pride in the way he played the position to jerk this idiot off the field.
How many of you Sox-fans think that K. Williams does a better job of holding onto the club's purse strings than putting together a solid team.
Is there age discrimination in baseball? Is the White Sox organization trying to make this "retread park"?
Kenny Williams complains that the fans aren't coming out to fill the seats. HELLO! Look what you've put together for a team. You watch the seats go empty while we're watching this team of geriatrics suck hind wind.
Jerry needs his cash, reports are the NHL selected him to be the new buyer of the Phoenix Coyotes, even though the Canadian guy offered a lot more money.

Too bad Jerry won't sell the Sox to a wealthy Chicago family or business with deep pockets and a desire to win.
Ex-Sox Fan

Chicago, IL

#8 Jul 30, 2009
The party is over wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerry needs his cash, reports are the NHL selected him to be the new buyer of the Phoenix Coyotes, even though the Canadian guy offered a lot more money.
Too bad Jerry won't sell the Sox to a wealthy Chicago family or business with deep pockets and a desire to win.
When I was a kid I loved the Bill Veeck White Sox. Then Einhorn and Reinsdorf held the state hostage for paying for the soulless stadium appropriately named the Cell. Comiskey was a friendly old barn where you could watch baseball. Being in the Cell is like watching loud, constant TV commercials, the game a secondary concern to extracting the last nickel from the fans.

No wonder people don't come when the team loses. Fans follow a team no matter what because they identify with it, become attached to it emotionally. Boston has this kind of fan, as do the Cubs. The White Sox will continue to have part-time fans until the Reinsdorf culture (e.g., Jerry Krause, Kenny Williams) is eliminated.
Chico17

Eau Claire, WI

#9 Jul 30, 2009
The Sox might catch lightning in a bottle with Randy Williams. One never knows.
Agent Rogersz

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jul 30, 2009
It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.
Fatolo Colon

Aurora, IL

#11 Jul 30, 2009
This fat idiot needs to be gone immediately. Old fish face has run his course here and the only thing he probably can do productive now is play dominos with the rest of the scrubs mentioned in the article. Getz should be playing every day, Nix will get time now that worthless ramirez is injured and Richard can go through growing pains once again in the rotation. I'm just glad that after this season I wont have to watch Thome suck anymore and hopefully they cut bait with Dye and get a right fielder that doesn't go cold for a month at a time. Buerhle, Beckham and Getz are the only good things going for the Sox at this point.
TYB STUCK IN CALI

Monrovia, CA

#12 Jul 30, 2009
Chicagoland, welcome to the wonderful world of Bartolo Colon! All of the Angels fans are alltoo familiarwith Colon's habit of "hiding" injuries, which he will only admit to when he stinks as a pitcher. Between that, his homeland trainer whom is under investigation for giving PHD's to other players, and the tantrums he will throw in the press if he is demoted, Chicago White Sox fans will have plenty to blog and email about! Enjoy!!

Since: Jun 09

Fort Myers, FL

#13 Jul 30, 2009
Colon needs to go. Why do the Sox flip-flop on Richard staying in the rotation, and keep Colon? Richard may be younger(with less experience), however, in the long run will be better. Colon hasn't ever delivered for the Sox, and won't ever do that.

Get rid of this has been, and either insert Freddy and or Richard in the rotation since KW won't pursue a big name pitcher for the Sox. The Sox appear to have the goods to win their weak weak division, but they need to move now.
since52

Mesa, AZ

#14 Jul 30, 2009
I'm surprised that Ozzie called out a latin player at all, mostly he defends them. Sometimes that's justified, but in Colon's case, not at all. As for Alexei, there doesn't seem to be any fire in his play. He looks like a guy going through the motions when he's on the field. I'd put him at second and move on to another shortstop because I'm not sure he can play that position.
Ozzie Guillen

Springfield, IL

#15 Jul 30, 2009
So ebrybady back to blamin me. Lemme tell ju da truff what es happen here. Ju remember when Bartolo is missin an don be inna minor leege team to do a rehabs start?? He hurt hes arm in dat time.

He go to a O Contree Boofay an try to get a piece of cake before a leetle girl kin gettit. Hes plate slip outta hes hand an he step on some ice cream and fall in hes arm.

I fine out he es "hurtin" when he come in my office wiff a bag of Atalian beef and onion rings.
Now, he sittin aroun play domino astead to be inna training room.

An dis es my fault??

An as long as I gotta be inna subyect of dis players.. who da hell es Josh Feels to say he wanna be trade?? He don hava right to say nathin.
Cub Fan

AOL

#16 Jul 30, 2009
Are you guys nuts? How could you ever be mad at Reinsdorf, Williams and Guillen? THEY WON YOU A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. I am by no means a Sox fan but perhaps you need an outsider to remind you how good you have it. Players that give an honest effort never have a problem with Ozzie. He deflects all the attention from these guys and lets them play. Stop cpmplaining!
T E Culligan

Daytona Beach, FL

#17 Jul 30, 2009
The only reason the Sox would have for putting Richard back in the bullpen??? He's not throwing no hitters
Sox Fan

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#18 Jul 30, 2009
Cub Fan wrote:
Are you guys nuts? How could you ever be mad at Reinsdorf, Williams and Guillen? THEY WON YOU A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. I am by no means a Sox fan but perhaps you need an outsider to remind you how good you have it. Players that give an honest effort never have a problem with Ozzie. He deflects all the attention from these guys and lets them play. Stop cpmplaining!
Wow! You know, you're right. We're spoiled.
Once you've tasted champagne, Miller Lite just doesn't satisfy the palate.
Thanks for the dose of reality.
Coach Killer

Yorkville, IL

#19 Jul 31, 2009
OG - Keep the commentary coming. Your insight provides much amusement to my day.
Ozzie Guillen

Springfield, IL

#20 Jul 31, 2009
Coach Killer wrote:
OG - Keep the commentary coming. Your insight provides much amusement to my day.
I inna litte bit more better mood today because we beat da Jankees. But ebrytime I think about Bartolo I juss wanna kick he's culo.

I talk to ebrybady later. I gotta meet wiff Kenny about Freddie Garcia. Dats Kenny big 2009 trade... Bartolo for Freddie.

Do anybady knows where is Lamarr Hoyt?? Ju know dat trade him for me?? Da Sox have a good Gee-Em to make a steal like dat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartolo Colon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An Open Letter To Brian Cashman (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ozzie Guillen 2
Yankees must make decision on rotation (Aug '11) Aug '11 Drew Brown Bundini 6
Bautista homer kick-starts Jays' 7-3 win over Y... (May '11) May '11 vinniesr 1
Colon pitches into seventh as Yanks down Blue Jays (Apr '11) Apr '11 serenawaldorf 1
Colon sterling as Yankees sweep Blue Jays, 6-2 (Apr '11) Apr '11 Chuck Rapoport 1
Chicago White Sox defeat Detroit Tigers 5-1, av... (Jul '09) Aug '09 koksuker isnt a b... 172
Ozzie Guillen leaning toward keeping Clayton Ri... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Porky Pig 4
More from around the web