Whatever happened to ... Alana Shor

Full story: Baltimore Sun 19
If you were partying hearty around Baltimore in the 1970s and 1980s, there's no way you could have missed Paper Cup, later Shor Patrol, which at the time was one of Baltimore's hottest and best-loved Top 40 ... Full Story
Gina C

Towson, MD

#1 Apr 12, 2008
Thanks for bringing back the memories...I was a kid in the 70s and by the time I was old enough to go see them they broke up, but I remember reading of them and seeing ads for their shows and even remember a coversation with my mom about them. Glad she still has her hand in the entertainment business, but I can still hope for a reunion show so I can finally see them for myself.
redhead

Baltimore, MD

#2 Apr 12, 2008
I was there the first night that Alana sang with Paper Cup. Long time ago!
RKH

Shenandoah Junction, WV

#3 Apr 16, 2008
Paper Cup was a staple at Kahls (sp?) in Perry Hall. They were great-always drew crowds. Nice bunch of people, too. They'd show up at parties we had in Bel Air.

Sorry they didn't go farther in the business.
llllllllllllllll

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Apr 28, 2008
the drummers name was john dotson...not loren john
franco theodore

Parkville, MD

#5 Jan 27, 2009
Thanks for remembering us. Franco guitarist
John

Bethesda, MD

#6 Mar 11, 2009
Tommy Maxwell was the bass player.
Jerry Steagall

Dundalk, MD

#7 Mar 30, 2009
Where is the rest of the story on Alana Shor? I can't find the "full story".
troy

Evansville, IN

#8 Mar 31, 2009
test
Terry Hutchins

AOL

#9 May 13, 2009
franco theodore wrote:
Thanks for remembering us. Franco guitarist
I remember Paper Cup/Shor Patrol very well. Great people,great music,great friends and missed alot!!! Best band out of Bmore!!! Would love to see a reunion show!!!!
Sheila

Glenwood, MD

#10 May 14, 2009
I believe that the bass player was Daryl Matarroza
Rich

Catonsville, MD

#11 Jun 17, 2009
I still have their LP!! Actually, I think it was an "EP"...only four songs on it. I remember seeing them a lot at the Paddock in OC.
Michele

Baldwin, MD

#12 Jun 21, 2009
I also remember following Paper Cup around Baltimore/Pennsylvania and of course down the ocean at the Paddock. Darryl Matarroza was the bass player when I was following them. I've got the album also.
Jim Johnston

Christiansted, Virgin Islands, U.S.

#14 Aug 28, 2009
I was there where she first played the Baltimore Playboy club with our band called "Fresh Air". I was 17 years old with a fake ID that her boyfriend Ron Morgan gave me.
Thank God that is all in the past! Now I help independent bands get connected with major labels.( www.stcroixmusic.com ) and I live in paradise and no longer have to deal with such bullshit like being ripped off of the first song that I ever wrote called "Just don't care". I did not know about copyrights at the time because I was so young. But Alana and her boyfriend taught me a lesson that I will never forgot.
My non profit magazine is read in 64 countries and I think that it's time for everyone to know just what Alana Shor is all about. This is long overdue.- JJ
JJ Rocks

#15 Aug 30, 2009
I don't know who used my e mail and my old name from 30 years ago to poast the last comment but ti was not me.- JJ Rocks www.stcroixmusic.com
JJ Rocks

#16 Aug 30, 2009
Sorry about the type errors my keyboard is broken.
way back when

Baltimore, MD

#18 Oct 21, 2009
I dated the drummer when we were both in high school. Paper Cup kinda put an end to that!
Tricky

Marietta, GA

#19 Dec 17, 2009
way back when wrote:
I dated the drummer when we were both in high school. Paper Cup kinda put an end to that!
Which drummer are you referring to? Paper Cup / Shor Patrol had three different drummers.
franco

Baltimore, MD

#20 Jul 10, 2012
Paper cup and Shor patrol drummers Joe longo,Steve kiel,John Dotson ,John Goodmoth
Sandraleewho

Street, MD

#21 May 9, 2014
I loved Paper Cup. I was in my late teens and every time they came around, I was there. I was gaga over the keyboard player who sang "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy". I never hear that song when I don't think of him! I cannot remember his name now - seems to me it's something like Rick or Rich Kimbrorough or Wimborough. I just can't remember.

I loved listening to Alana's voice. I was in the Ladies at the same time she was. I tried to small talk to be friendly but she was the furthest thing from friendly!! I was really surprised. But I stayed and danced with me friends and had a great time.

I remember them appearing in a club in Cockeysville/Lutherville area, the Paddock in Oc, many bull roasts and dances,, and last but not least, the Golden 40 Inn club. I remember when the released "Looking for You." I really hoped it would be their big break. Came here trying to find out whatever happened to them. The are a big part of my youth and boy did I love that band!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Mighty Righty 1,115,458
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 hr Brian_G 305,850
gay in Towson Maryland 17 hr mdtowson 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Chuck 19,285
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Sun IMGKNEE 120,156
Double stabbing in Remington leaves one man dead Sep 26 pico 1
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Sep 26 Rachel 90

Baltimore Jobs

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]