Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

United States

#655575 Jun 3, 2012
Florida Voter Purge Will Continue, Defying Federal Warning
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/02/flor...

Hold up.....

All 67 Florida Election Supervisors Suspend Governor Rick Scott’s Voter Purge

“I recommend that Supervisors of Elections cease any further action until the issues raised by the Department of Justice are resolved between the parties or by a Court.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/06/02/4...

Nice.
sonicfilter

United States

#655576 Jun 3, 2012
CANTOR:... I think under the right leadership, we can do better.

BASHIR: But Mr. Cantor is part of the leadership of this country. He's the majority leader in the House. I'm certain the word 'Leader' is on his business card.

But Leader Cantor has done absolutely everything in his powers to be sure that not one of the President's policies on job creation have ever seen the light of day.

Even when an independent analytics firm like Moody's estimates that the American Jobs Act would create about two million new jobs, and raise GDP by a full 2 percentage points, Mr. Cantor prefers his own form of leadership, which is designed to crush job creation.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/01/1096...
History

Russellville, KY

#655577 Jun 3, 2012
SADKO301 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again your grasp of history and timelines AGAIn are wrong, the chinese buy out of the president was NOT inhereted, that was all Clintons Idea after the Chinese were his biggest campaingn contributers,
they gave him the bright idea to give them most favored nation trade status. this is waht ruined the economy -(or equalized it )(as you say)
again showing how little you really know....
You are correct on the Chinese trying to buy the Clintons. They ALL ready owned the Repubs. That's why the MFTN agreement was pasted by the 1998 Congress with NO problems. Newt and the boys loved it by a Repub vote of 164 to 73.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#655578 Jun 3, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
All caused by the worst recession in 80years,housing collapse, near financial meltdown & two quagmire wars created by George Bush.
Take away his "Blame Game" and "Race Cards" and he's an empty suit
reading speeches off his teleprompter that other people wrote for him. He's nothing but a grifter, a three card monte dealer, a carnival barker, a snake oil peddler, a master at gaming the system! He's never been a productive member of the American workforce in his life.
PDupont

Springfield, MA

#655579 Jun 3, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge Boudin: Sister: Kathy Boudin (former Weather Underground member, b. 19-May-1943)
Yeah, so what? Guess who put him on the Federal Bench nitwit? President George HW Bush!
You’re an idiot Grampy!
PDupont

Springfield, MA

#655580 Jun 3, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
"White House shrugs off Polish apology demands"
Obama says 'f*k'em, they're mostly just Catholics....'
Yeah just keep lying Grampy, that’s all you’re good for.

Since: May 11

Mountville, PA

#655581 Jun 3, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Take away his "Blame Game" and "Race Cards" and he's an empty suit
reading speeches off his teleprompter that other people wrote for him. He's nothing but a grifter, a three card monte dealer, a carnival barker, a snake oil peddler, a master at gaming the system! He's never been a productive member of the American workforce in his life.
Take away the recession, two ufunded wars, TARP, Housing problems, unfunded Medicare drug program & the unfunded Bush Tax Cuts.

I wonder where would that debt be. I wonder were the budget would be.

The problem with dumbasses like you is you just can't admit how bad your party did.

You have to blame it on others.

Blamer in chief, Gramps.

Gramps can't admit it was his party that voted to take us off the path of balanced budgets & paying down the debt.

Bush ran for re-election based on that & you, Gramps being the total dumbass you are, voted for Bush.

Gramps - blamer in chief.

And really Gramps, when are you & your hero Romney going to quit being liars on Obama's work experience.
PDupont

Springfield, MA

#655582 Jun 3, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Judges and federal prosecutor appointments used to be made upon the recommendation of that geographical area's US Senators. Now with Obama on Ivy League Gay Commies get appointed.
Yeah stupid and they’re also confirmed by the Senate. The vast majority of Obama’s appointments were passed with wide bipartisan votes.
You’re an idiot!
carol

Windermere, FL

#655583 Jun 3, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Who created this mess?
Was it Obama?
Both parties created it. Obama just did everything the opposite of what had to be done to try and fix it. Creating a fear of the unknown by making Obamacare a priority was his first mistake.

Tell me. Why is it Obamacare won't kick in until 2014? I mean, it's timed to kick in if Obama gets reelected or not. He can't be blamed beforehand if it fails and it's a done deal if he doesn't.

So why 2014? Not suspicious at all to you?
carol

Windermere, FL

#655584 Jun 3, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
There's also this.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2005/apr/...

Tenzing covers his eyes if he doesn't like the words and his ears if he doesn't like the song. But at least you tried.

Since: May 11

Mountville, PA

#655585 Jun 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Both parties created it. Obama just did everything the opposite of what had to be done to try and fix it. Creating a fear of the unknown by making Obamacare a priority was his first mistake.
Tell me. Why is it Obamacare won't kick in until 2014? I mean, it's timed to kick in if Obama gets reelected or not. He can't be blamed beforehand if it fails and it's a done deal if he doesn't.
So why 2014? Not suspicious at all to you?
Carol,quit being such a frickin idiot.

If "both Parties" created it, why aren't you blaming both parties for not fixing it.

For the umpteenth time, the priority was the economy as the stimulus plan was passed in feb of 09.

How come the Republican priority was wining the White House instead of the economy (McConnell)? Carol, well. Got an answer???? Didn't think so.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#655586 Jun 3, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary Johnson dimwit.
I like him. I wish he had a chance of winning.
carol

Windermere, FL

#655587 Jun 3, 2012
LOL wrote:
USA Today reports:
Obama happy to spend night at his Chicago home
America, let's make the sonofabitch ecstatic in November! LOL
Well, Chicago is, after all, a wonderful place to call home...if you don't get shot in the crossfire of violence in the streets because of high unemployment and a failed education system and ignore it's the most politically corrupt city in the nation.

But otherwise, it's home sweet home to our president.
carol

Windermere, FL

#655588 Jun 3, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol,quit being such a frickin idiot.
If "both Parties" created it, why aren't you blaming both parties for not fixing it.
For the umpteenth time, the priority was the economy as the stimulus plan was passed in feb of 09.
How come the Republican priority was wining the White House instead of the economy (McConnell)? Carol, well. Got an answer???? Didn't think so.
I HAVE blamed both parties...repeatedly. But I never hear a peep about blaming anyone else but republicans on your side.

The stimulus was a failure with very little to show for what it is costing the taxpayers and the minimal amount of jobs that resulted.

Obamacare and Solyndra are two other failed biggies.

So why won't Obamacare kick in until after the president is - or isn't - reelected? Maybe I missed your answer.
carol

Windermere, FL

#655589 Jun 3, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I like him. I wish he had a chance of winning.
Never even heard of Gary Johnson.

Are the libertarians keeping him a big secret?

Wonder how many votes he'll get - or take away - from the two electable candidates.
AllOverWith

San Antonio, TX

#655590 Jun 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Chicago is, after all, a wonderful place to call home...if you don't get shot in the crossfire of violence in the streets because of high unemployment and a failed education system and ignore it's the most politically corrupt city in the nation.
But otherwise, it's home sweet home to our president.
Well, I'm not sure he is from Chicago. I'm not sure he was born in Hawaii. I'm not sure he graduated from Columbia University. I'm not sure he is Christian. I'm not sure he knows how many states there are in the Union. I'm not sure he isn't a member of the New Black Panther Party. I'm not sure he is capable of telling the truth. I'm not sure he's not out to destroy the US Constitution.

I am sure he will not win re-election!
sonicfilter

United States

#655591 Jun 3, 2012
Romney’s Syria Problem

His support for “opposition groups” is misplaced.

Congratulations to Mitt Romney. In calling for “opposition groups” to be armed and trained for their ongoing jihad against Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad, the GOP’s presidential contender has managed to align himself with al-Qaeda emir Ayman al-Zawahiri and Muslim Brotherhood icon Yusuf al-Qaradawi.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/301611...
carol

Windermere, FL

#655592 Jun 3, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally you are right about something, "Obama is on record"
He's on record: for record deficits, for record debt increase, for record food stamp expansion, for record unemployment length, for record Washington partisan politics, for record porkulus etc,etc.
He's afraid to run for re-election on his record. Many of his fellow Democrats running for office distance themselves from his record. Have you noticed how the Wisconsin Democrats didn't even try to get him to campaign there for Barrett.
Did you mention his record for being the most derisive president? Or does that fall under his "record for Washington partisan politics"? His record becomes blurred sometimes.
bailout my duck

Bartlett, IL

#655593 Jun 3, 2012
no hope n change in that attitude you know what i mean?
sonicfilter

United States

#655594 Jun 3, 2012
"Donald Trump's request for Obama's birth certificate (or his college transcripts, for that matter) are only the most ludicrous and high-profile versions of the kind of "let me see your license" bullshit that African Americans have to put up with every day. And Romney's bland acceptance of Trump's mercenary bullying is the birthright – the license, if you will – of someone whose real privilege is never having to worry about what other people think."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr cpeter1313 307,003
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Bently 19,559
Blind teens say ice rink denied them access (Aug '08) 19 hr R Walker 44
Working in America is on the Decline as America... 23 hr SnuffAGlobalist 4
Home-stay/host family in Baltimore * Sat Foal 1
Is Illinois couple's murder tied to bankruptcy ... (Oct '08) Sat hounddogsniffin 4
In need of loan shark (Aug '12) Dec 18 susan 9
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:36 pm PST