Tundra Drops A Load -

Dec 24, 2007 | Posted by: 70plyRR | Full story: www.bodyshopzone.com

Don’t put pressure on Tundra, the steel is weak. CR drops the Tundra to “not recommended.” Save it for a load of cotton candy just to be on the safe side.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,912
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 24, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Interesting article. It will be telling to see how toyota handles this. Are there any tundra owners out there with tailgate problems. Seems to me toyota should have just bought a used silverado and disassembled it to see how it was made. Toyota will eventually get it right. I do not see being light as a problem. The problem is, it needs to be strong in some places.
screwbuilder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 24, 2007
 

Judged:

1

I have heard that they decided not to spotweld the metal that makes the tailgate and instead use an adhesive to cut costs.
Truckin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 24, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

Hey if my tailgate is the only thing I have to worry about then I'll be happy. I already set down a pallet of landscaping bricks on mine with no issue. I'd be interested to see some photos of a failed tailgate, there's been plenty of talk about it, but no evidence out there.
screwbuilder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 24, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Here is a link for a petition from Toyota owners to the company: http://www.petitiononline.com/Kwasted/petitio...

Here are some pics of the tailgates.
http://www.bodyshopzone.com/editorial/about_T...
screwbuilder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 24, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

Toyota's response is that the tailgate is not a load bearing part and that you remove the tailgate when loading heavy items.

WTF??
screwbuilder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 24, 2007
 
Truckin wrote:
Hey if my tailgate is the only thing I have to worry about then I'll be happy. I already set down a pallet of landscaping bricks on mine with no issue. I'd be interested to see some photos of a failed tailgate, there's been plenty of talk about it, but no evidence out there.
I am surprised you have not heard of this. It took me all of about 2 minutes to find pictures, forums, petitions, responses, etc.

Don't forget about the propeller shaft recall either.

CR rated the V-8 Tundra as below average on reliability.
Truckin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 24, 2007
 
screwbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I am surprised you have not heard of this. It took me all of about 2 minutes to find pictures, forums, petitions, responses, etc.
Don't forget about the propeller shaft recall either.
CR rated the V-8 Tundra as below average on reliability.
I've heard plenty of this, but its difficult to tell what is truly a failure and what is a poor decision on behalf of the owner. Loading up 2000lbs on a tailgate is a bad decision. I haven't received and recall notices on my truck yet, but so far its been flawless with 8500 miles on the ticker. If it starts acting up then I'll know to get rid of it before the warranty expires. I knew the chances I was taking when I went for a 1st year truck.
Rodger - KY

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 25, 2007
 

Judged:

1

My neighbor said that his Tundra is not suppose to be moved witht eh tailgate down whats up woth that?? He said the manual says dont drive with tailgate down also.

ok, I just spent 40 on a pu and I cant drive to the park w tailgate down!! ok toyota good deal japs!
Rodger - KY

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 25, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

gay!! just like honda
Rodger - KY

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 25, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

oh wait but i have big japanese truck so i can be cool like that. I can put pine needeles in back and haul to backyark then i can call myself am man with big trucka nd little pee.

oh yes why does tundra look like ram?? why cant toyota be original and build a new truck??????????

Since: Aug 07

Trumbull CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 25, 2007
 
Rodger - KY wrote:
gay!! just like honda
Regardless of tailgate down or up, Tundra does have power and there is no doubt about that. If you want a “feminine” truck look to the Ridgeline built by that little car company known as honda.
Toyota

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

TOYOTA opens a can of woop ass on domestis in 2007.
hahahahahahahah

GM/ ford are junk

Tundra would have been 2007 truck of the year, but was release 2 months too late.
This was a gimme from the begining. Even forrest gump aka 70plyrr saw this cuming- and he liked it- hu?, big boy.

Its okay boys even though GM/ ford stock and credit rating is junk you can root for them.. you're rednecks and don't know any better.
buuuyaaaaaaaaa
Toyota

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

DETROIT - Toyota Motor Corp. overtook Ford Motor Co. to become the No. 2 automaker by U.S. sales in 2007, using new products and relentless strategy to break Ford's 75-year lock on the position
Want more:
Ford shares fell 15 cents to $6.45 after sinking to a 52-week low of $6.41 earlier in the session. GM shares lost 49 cents to $23.92 after dropping to a 52-week low of $23.34 earlier in the day.
Toyota's U.S. shares rose 44 cents to $106.90 in trading in New York.
Want more:
DETROIT -- Standard & Poor's Ratings Services cut its corporate credit ratings to junk status for both General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co., a significant blow that will increase borrowing costs and limit fund-raising options for the nation's two biggest automakers
hahahahahahahaha
junk junk junk
want more:
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch)-- General Motors Corp. shares fell as much as 5.3% on Thursday after Bear Stearns downgraded the stock, telling investors to pocket recent gains.
ha-hahahahahahah

“#1 Autos Editor”

Since: Apr 07

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Once again "Toyota", all you are doing is discussing sales, right on the same page that discusses poor Toyota quality, thats pathetic. I will not even reply to you anymore, seems the California sun has burned your brain.

Since: Dec 07

the woods, Pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Toyota wrote:
TOYOTA opens a can of woop ass on domestis in 2007.
hahahahahahahah
GM/ ford are junk
Tundra would have been 2007 truck of the year, but was release 2 months too late.
This was a gimme from the begining. Even forrest gump aka 70plyrr saw this cuming- and he liked it- hu?, big boy.
Its okay boys even though GM/ ford stock and credit rating is junk you can root for them.. you're rednecks and don't know any better.
buuuyaaaaaaaaa
Ahh, released too late, ehh? Thats your best excuse? It WAS compared with silverado, and WAS tested, and DID lose. So make all of the excuses you want, but it ran the race and lost. Also, it was compared with 3/4 tons for 08 truck of the year, in which case it was extremely close as well, but won (geez i wonder why, driven a 3/4 ton truck lately?) probably not, youve probably never driven a truck period.
Toyota

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

excuese excuses excuses
you guys sound pathetic.

FACT: TUNDRA WAS RELEASED 2 MONTHS TOO LATE LAST YEAR AND MT DIDN'T EVEN CONSIDER IT.(read up boys)
-SORRY TO PISS ON YOUR PROPAGANDA MACHINE- HA-HAHAHAHAHAH

It was funny to read the 07 article. The Tundra was better in every catagory but the GM POS was chosen due to "value" ha-ha-ha

"Value" definition: Domestic POS made with cheap parts, cheap materials and assembled by crack smoking &^*&^*^* from detroit.

hahahahahahah
Boycott Japan

Wildwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 3, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Toyota wrote:
excuese excuses excuses
you guys sound pathetic.
FACT: TUNDRA WAS RELEASED 2 MONTHS TOO LATE LAST YEAR AND MT DIDN'T EVEN CONSIDER IT.(read up boys)
-SORRY TO PISS ON YOUR PROPAGANDA MACHINE- HA-HAHAHAHAHAH
It was funny to read the 07 article. The Tundra was better in every catagory but the GM POS was chosen due to "value" ha-ha-ha
"Value" definition: Domestic POS made with cheap parts, cheap materials and assembled by crack smoking &^*&^*^* from detroit.
hahahahahahah
Ford sold over 600,000 F 150's in 07 to remain the best selling and best truck for 31 years. How many Tundras did Toyota sell?? um.. under 200,000. get a clue and a job you little dink, jap lover.. Toyota sucks and always will suck. Read it and weep, ford will be back on top

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/industries...

Since: Aug 07

Trumbull CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Toyota wrote:
excuese excuses excuses
you guys sound pathetic.
FACT: TUNDRA WAS RELEASED 2 MONTHS TOO LATE LAST YEAR AND MT DIDN'T EVEN CONSIDER IT.(read up boys)
-SORRY TO PISS ON YOUR PROPAGANDA MACHINE- HA-HAHAHAHAHAH
It was funny to read the 07 article. The Tundra was better in every catagory but the GM POS was chosen due to "value" ha-ha-ha
"Value" definition: Domestic POS made with cheap parts, cheap materials and assembled by crack smoking &^*&^*^* from detroit.
hahahahahahah
Excuses my as#. You are trying to put a little Japanese truck against a strong domestic. You must not know trucks. Tell me how the tundra fails the crash tests on frontal and rollover? What is the deal with the tailgate or body flex? You call that tough? Tundra is at BEST a feminine auto put out by the folks we so graciously nuked into oblivion.

You are a hopeless little fellow.
i love japan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

you have to be really stupid to buy ford or any american cars.I give ford 2 more years before they all go bancrupt look around only fat ugly idiots are buying american cars wake up america start thinking like rest of the world we are sick of your piece of sh-t cars.BUY FOREIGN CARS GOD BLESS AMERIKA
PRESIDENT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

i love japan wrote:
you have to be really stupid to buy ford or any american cars.I give ford 2 more years before they all go bancrupt look around only fat ugly idiots are buying american cars wake up america start thinking like rest of the world we are sick of your piece of sh-t cars.BUY FOREIGN CARS GOD BLESS AMERIKA
I LOVE THIS GUY

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,912
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Toyota Forum right now

Search the Toyota Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ford v. Chevy v. Dodge: WHO IS BETTER??? (Jan '08) Sun Alex jacques 3,045
class action filed: '01-'03 rav4 transmission /... (Dec '09) Jul 16 Helen 333
Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius (Nov '10) Jul 15 Over Priced Cruze 9,204
Batteries battle fuel cells, leaving plug-in hy... Jul 12 Solarman 1
Uber Is Now Losing Money On Every UberX Ride Jul 7 JonQyork 1
2004 Toyota Transmission shifting problem repair Jul 6 Adrian 1
2014 U.S. Auto Sales At the Halfway Mark: GM Ho... Jul 5 liner 4
•••

Buy a New Car


Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••