Rochester, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

Judged:

If your 2005 2009 Model Year Toyota Tacoma has an inoperative over head console display I can repair it. Repair time is one week plus return shipping time. Cost is $200.00 plus return shipping payable via PayPal or Money Order. Please contact me for the removal and shipping instructions. memmelkamp@comcast.net
bernie

Chilliwack, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2009

I would like to send it to you but hiw do I get the console cover off without damaging it?
Offroad Toy

Bend, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2009

What exactly do you do for $200? I've read many times all that's needed is for either a wire to be re soldered,or a fuse replaced. Can you give some specifics?
Dave

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

Judged:

Offroad Toy wrote:
What exactly do you do for $200? I've read many times all that's needed is for either a wire to be re soldered,or a fuse replaced. Can you give some specifics?
Reply: I had the same problem. Its the 510 chip that needs resoldering. Its easy to fix. Take the one screw (located by the eye glass compartment) off and pull the front down (display side) which is held in by clips. The temp/compass is connect with two connectors (easily uncouple) remove the display cover. You will see two small '510' chips. The lower one is the culprit. You'll see the solder melted away on one end. Just resolder with a light solder gun/pen. Very easy. Took 30 minutes to fix.
Fred

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Reply: I had the same problem. Its the 510 chip that needs resoldering. Its easy to fix. Take the one screw (located by the eye glass compartment) off and pull the front down (display side) which is held in by clips. The temp/compass is connect with two connectors (easily uncouple) remove the display cover. You will see two small '510' chips. The lower one is the culprit. You'll see the solder melted away on one end. Just resolder with a light solder gun/pen. Very easy. Took 30 minutes to fix.
Dave: you are right followed your directions and fixed mine. Thank You very Much! Saved me 500.00 dlls
Gordie Upton Ma

Raynham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2009

Dave:
Thanks for the info. Fixed mine in 30 min. Great directions. Thanks Again!
bice MT

Canon City, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

Dude you nailed it, there is a cold solder joint on a chip resistor. Fixed mine in under 5 minutes!!! The guy above offering to fix for 2bills is way off. Fix it your self guys its way easy.
SC Bird

Spring Lake, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

I love the internet. Dealer priced a new at $900. Followed the directions and fixed it in 10 minutes. Easy fix. Thanks!
Justin

Haymarket, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

This works. For me both 510 chips were looking bad and needed to be resoldered on the right side. Just compare how they look to the others on the board and you can't miss it.
rttsilver

Idaho Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2009

Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
EVERYONE! This works! Dude, you are awesome! My 510 chips didn't even look bad, but my compass wasn't working. I followed these instructions and I've never soldered before. It took 15min, and it works perfectly now. Awesome! Thanks man. Saved me $200.
Gerry

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

yep.. me too.. Awesome.. mine didnt look bad either.. but 10 min and some patience.. and I am up and working again.. Thanks MUCH!!
tacoguy

Nomans Land, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
i had this problem and i read this and fixed it in like twenty mins!! very helpful thanx man
AGAvalon95

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Outside Temperature Display Not Working
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

RIGHT ON!!!! Thank you very much...
unknown

Hurricane, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you thank you! This info saved me hundreds from a dealership that already want to bend everyone over!
Bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Thanks, took about 15-20 minutes total and works like new.
Clary

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Thanks for this info, mine just went two days ago and I found this post on Google right away. Worked like a charm!
Tacoma wa Toyota Tacoma

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Justed followed the instructions and it worked
Eli

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Wow it's that easy to repair. Just had my truck at toyota and they saiid it was burned out. I guess they want to sell new not repair. The replacement cost was 250. Thanks everyone.
Ron from Chi-town

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey DAVE you were on point! Very easy fix done in 5 min..Toyota should recall this problem!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of103
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Toyota Tacoma Discussions

Search the Toyota Tacoma Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
2005 Toyota Tacoma Power Steering (Apr '08) Apr 18 coveylane 45
Off the Hook: NHTSA closes probe on Toyota Taco... (Sep '08) Apr 17 CharleneBlake 62
What's the Most Shopped For Car in Douglasville? Apr 5 Raymond 4
Looking to increase gas mileage Mar '14 Tevik 1
knocking noise coming from engine (Dec '08) Feb '14 HELLFIRE-SQK 10
Missing Man Last Spotted in Canoga Park Dec '13 MARITZA 1
Windshield kit installation (May '13) May '13 Trevor 1
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
•••
•••