Porsche Names its Upcoming Compact SUV "Macan", Releases First Official Teaser and Video

Feb 16, 2012 Full story: Carscoop

As it turns out, Porsche won't be keeping the name Cajun for the production version of its upcoming junior SUV as the Stuttgart-based automaker announced today that it will be named "Macan". Porsche says that the name is derived from the Indonesian word for tiger.

Full Story
Porsche

Europe

#1 Feb 16, 2012
Hi, As a 100%PORSCHE fan I'm very happy to hear that news i'm sure this 'macan' w'll be liked by a lot of people.God loves you stay blessed may he be with you always.
Vinc

Saint-hyacinthe, Canada

#2 May 8, 2012
Dissolution of an iconic brand. A shame, really. The Cayenne was enough... No need to kill Porsche by introducing a cheaper alternative. What's next? A cheaper Boxster to compete against the Miata!?
stig

London, UK

#3 Jun 29, 2012
I guess the Porsche guys know what they are doing financially. Very few Porsche fans rated the chances of the Cayenne and yet it has done incredible things for the companies balance sheet. Lets not forget either where the companies inspiration came from. If a company put a bigger engine in a new Beetle today and altered the bodywork slightly what chances would we think they would have of becoming an 'Icon'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Porsche Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Video: First Clip Of The All-New 2015 Porsche 9... Oct 8 Isaiah Porsche 1
Mercedes-Amg GT S will take on Porsche, Jaguar Oct 4 Isaiah Porsche 1
Lamborghini debuts 910 horsepower Asterion plug... Oct 3 Isaiah Porsche 1
No spare? Extra tire now optional on some new v... Oct 3 cat2009 1
Lamborghini Asterion leaked in magazine Oct 1 Isaiah Porsche 1
A Porsche 918 Spyder in flames at Caledon gas s... Oct 1 Isaiah Porsche 1
2016 Porsche Cayman Facelift Spotted For First ... Oct 1 Isaiah Porsche 1

Porsche People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE