Porsche Names its Upcoming Compact SUV "Macan", Releases First Official Teaser and Video

Feb 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Carscoop

As it turns out, Porsche won't be keeping the name Cajun for the production version of its upcoming junior SUV as the Stuttgart-based automaker announced today that it will be named "Macan". Porsche says that the name is derived from the Indonesian word for tiger.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jun 29, 2012
Porsche

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Hi, As a 100%PORSCHE fan I'm very happy to hear that news i'm sure this 'macan' w'll be liked by a lot of people.God loves you stay blessed may he be with you always.
Vinc

Saint-hyacinthe, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Dissolution of an iconic brand. A shame, really. The Cayenne was enough... No need to kill Porsche by introducing a cheaper alternative. What's next? A cheaper Boxster to compete against the Miata!?
stig

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

I guess the Porsche guys know what they are doing financially. Very few Porsche fans rated the chances of the Cayenne and yet it has done incredible things for the companies balance sheet. Lets not forget either where the companies inspiration came from. If a company put a bigger engine in a new Beetle today and altered the bodywork slightly what chances would we think they would have of becoming an 'Icon'.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Porsche Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cadillac Escalade Review (May '07) Jul 28 Benzforlife 16
Magazine: Porsche 918 Jun '14 Isaiah Porsche 1
Porsche Readies New Low Cost Entry Level Roadst... May '14 Isaiah Porsche 1
[VIDEO] Zlatan Ibrahimovic spotted in his Porsc... May '14 Isaiah Porsche 1
Tour Europe In Style With Autobahn Adventures May '14 e60 M5 e46 M3 1
General Motors Says Goodbye To One Of The BEST ... May '14 e60 M5 e46 M3 1
Top 5 Fastest Production Supercars, Hypercars i... May '14 Isaiah Porsche 1

Search the Porsche Forum:

Buy a New Car

Zipcode: