Toyota suppliers build their work forces

Mar 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Times-Post

As Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi in Blue Springs ramps up hiring and training, so are its suppliers in Northeast Mississippi.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Oct 23, 2011
Jackie robertson

Pensacola, FL

#1 Mar 7, 2011
I will never buy another Toyota as long as I live.I have 30 years of knowledge of how to build automobiles.I took the test past it with flying colors and did not get hired.Oh and one more thing I'm a Woman.I will tell everyone in my Family and Friends to buy a Nissan.Toyota is not a equal oppurinity company to work for,so they did me a favor.I have a feeling all the ppl who did have the hook up to get hired,will become there Slaves.I say Buy Nissan.I own a Corolla and we bought it new my next car will for sure be a Nissan.Its not fair to not treat ppl equal.
liner

Hicksville, NY

#2 Mar 7, 2011
Jackie robertson wrote:
I will never buy another Toyota as long as I live.I have 30 years of knowledge of how to build automobiles.I took the test past it with flying colors and did not get hired.Oh and one more thing I'm a Woman.I will tell everyone in my Family and Friends to buy a Nissan.Toyota is not a equal oppurinity company to work for,so they did me a favor.I have a feeling all the ppl who did have the hook up to get hired,will become there Slaves.I say Buy Nissan.I own a Corolla and we bought it new my next car will for sure be a Nissan.Its not fair to not treat ppl equal.
Now, don't tell us..........you worked for GM, right?
j

United States

#3 Mar 7, 2011
I got hired I start may 9th
liner

Hicksville, NY

#4 Mar 7, 2011
j wrote:
I got hired I start may 9th
"j" doesn't happen to stand for Jackie, does it?
j

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Mar 7, 2011
Nope jimmy
j

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Mar 7, 2011
Not a female so that's prolly why I got hired lol jk.. Prolly cause I got 5+ years welding experience
liner

Bellport, NY

#7 Mar 7, 2011
j wrote:
Not a female so that's prolly why I got hired lol jk.. Prolly cause I got 5+ years welding experience
Glad you got a job.....good luck to you!
j

Brandon, MS

#8 Mar 7, 2011
Thx
david

United States

#9 May 31, 2011
I got turned down but not bitching. Now training through srg for a job with a supplier.
j

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Jun 1, 2011
That's awesome in the next 10 years they are talking about a bunch of places to supply Toyota to open
m

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Sep 10, 2011
Toyota is A very equal opportunity employer. I had no experience with this type of work and got hired, I stayed at my previous job for 9 years so they probably look at people with a good work history
j

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Sep 10, 2011
m wrote:
Toyota is A very equal opportunity employer. I had no experience with this type of work and got hired, I stayed at my previous job for 9 years so they probably look at people with a good work history
Yup they are hiring up to 80 a week now.. I have been training in Georgetown Ky, Cambridge ON, and Woodstock ON for the last 12 out of 17 weeks. I love my job at Toyota and look forward to advancing up the ranks there.
m

United States

#13 Oct 22, 2011
j wrote:
<quoted text>Yup they are hiring up to 80 a week now.. I have been training in Georgetown Ky, Cambridge ON, and Woodstock ON for the last 12 out of 17 weeks. I love my job at Toyota and look forward to advancing up the ranks there.
Yea I went to Cambridge, ON and Woodstock, ON as well, great company to work for
j

Brandon, MS

#14 Oct 23, 2011
Yup what shop u in?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mercedes-Benz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 (Sep '07) Aug 12 Gary 72
Mercedes Parts - Johannesburg (Apr '10) Jul '14 Eubert 85
OBD2Repair A Quality Mercedes SD Connect C4 MB ... (Jul '13) Jul '14 EOBD2 garden 5
Honest Mercedes Repair in West Oakland All Merc... (Jan '08) Jun '14 Leo Bimmith 16
GM phasing out light-duty 1500-series vans Jun '14 shawn 1
Strutmasters Launches Updated Mercedes Benz Air... Jun '14 stephen 1
New Smart Fortwo is coming soon in China Jun '14 catecardvd 1

Buy a New Car


Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Mercedes-Benz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••