GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

May 22, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Edmunds.com

Replying to: ppalonsky FWIW, the shifting issue has a TSB issued and a dealer can fix it, and the gas gauge being off is going to require a software update that is in development. via Edmunds.com

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of364
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
scared to drive

Kendallville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

I was exiting the interstate when my power steering quit!Any time I used the brake I lost all steering power. It took all the strength I had to turn the wheel. Parking was impossible. I was out of town and alone. It was not the first problem I had either. I had the steering pump replaced in July under warranty and now they had to replace the entire steering colum at a cost of $1000 to me. We feel there should be a recall as there are a number of posts with this issue and it is an extreme safety hazard!
wasthinkingof buyingone

Spotsylvania, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

I drove a 2008 Acadia in Colorado as a rental - loved it. Since then have toyed with acquiring my own. These posts have reminded me why I no longer own GM products. Buying Toyota (have and/or had 6 with NO problems) why buy myself a problem??
chris

Hamilton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

sorry for your bad decision
ArcDancer wrote:
I too am having this same problem. They thought it was intake gaskets, but replacing them did no good. Car is currently in the shop (for the 4th time)awaiting a new head and valves. According to GMC's tech line, they are having quite a few issues with the valves, valve seats, etc. If it does not get fixed this time, we will sell it back to them and go back to driving foreign made vehicles!
farid fakherddin

Lebanon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

HI I have my 2009 Accadia SLT the front lights has two bulbs but only the external one works the inside ones (towards the center of the car) do not light even though they have a bulb, i check with my dealer he said that they do not i am not convinced because if they do not why there is a bulb in it can some body advice please reply me on my email: faridf@cyberia.net.lb
hategm

Manteca, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

I have an 08 Acadia the stabilitrack light comes on and now my front wheels are locking up when I accelerate. Going to take it to the shop im not ever buying another GM vehicleI had a honda for ten years never had a problem
Pete

North Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

Ya I finally gave up on GM.. now have 3 Toyotas and no more stupid expensive problems that never get fixed
Frustrated

Sandia, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

I have a 2008 Acadia. The service air bag light has been on since November. I took it to have it fixed in November because I was going out of town. After I picked it up I drove about 200 miles and the light came on again. I took it back to the dealership and after tearing in to the dash they still couldn't fix the issue. Several months later I am still driving with the Service air bag light. Is this a safety issue? No one can seem to fix it and no one can tell me. Does anyone else have this problem. I too have had issues with the starter and the altenator.
Julie Flower Mound TX

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Yes this is a safty concern, if you have onstar they can run a check and give you the code that is causing the error in the airbag system. Texas lemon law worked for me, if the same problem happens 3 times or more it will work for you also. After you file the lemon law the dealer gets a chance at final repair. If that is not fixed at that time or happens again before the court date they have to repurchase the car or offer you a trade on a new one only deducting for miles not the true value of the car. They did not want to go to Lemon law court, it was not easy to deal with them and I am so glad I am rid of the junker. GMC repurchased my Acadia out of court, the slimes can sell that car again.
Frustrated wrote:
I have a 2008 Acadia. The service air bag light has been on since November. I took it to have it fixed in November because I was going out of town. After I picked it up I drove about 200 miles and the light came on again. I took it back to the dealership and after tearing in to the dash they still couldn't fix the issue. Several months later I am still driving with the Service air bag light. Is this a safety issue? No one can seem to fix it and no one can tell me. Does anyone else have this problem. I too have had issues with the starter and the altenator.
Rob L

Riverview, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

haileebabe wrote:
Okay, I've loved my Acadia from day one; however, the "whining" sound coming from the power steering is driving me NUTS! I have not experienced the loss of steering, yet, that most of you have posted. I've had the numerous amount of recalls fixed. I've gone through the leaking sunroofs; leaking overhead lights, and the leaking of the doors. I'm naive when it comes to the Lemon Law and I'm very nervous about driving my baby after reading all of the negative posts.
I had the exact same whining and assumed it was a failing power steering pump. It turned out to be air in the power steering line. They bled it and the problem was solved.
Very frustrated

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

My Acadia started having the engine light come on and when I contacted Onstar to run a check on it, the report says that there is a misfire and there is a problem with cylinders 1 and 6. The car has a jerking feeling between 1000 and 2000 RPMs. Is anyone else having this type of problem? If so, any suggestions I should take to the dealer since this is my 4th trip in with this problem and they just don't seem to know what to do to get it fixed.
dvd issue

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

2010 acadia with duel headrest dvd and nav system. I can't figure out how to get the sound from the dvd on the stereo.
Squann66

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

I feel your pain wrote:
I have had the same problem with my 09 SLT1 AWD. The dealer tells me that they reprogarm the computer and it was fix. Of course when I drove home the services stabilitrack; traction control warning light went off again. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Did you get this resolved? I am having the same issues. They replaced the spark plug the first time around; 6 weeks ago. Then two weeks ago the lights all went on again. They have had the truck for over a week and now they say it is the engine belts. I am at a loss. I feel like the engine needs to be replaced.
beze

London, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

I have a 07 Acadia and it had a leak on the drivers side axil on the first dealer check-up.
Then we had seven sun roof related leaks followed by a bad power steering pump. I brought it back two days later and it needed a power steering rack.About a week later another power steering pump. It's been about one and a half years when all of a sudden on the free-way I had no electronics but the engine was still running. I stopped for a minite and then desided to get off the free-way about a kilometer down the road I had my gages back. All seems to be good now.
psusietexas

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

I purchased my '07 Acadia in January '07. I have 33800 miles and have had numerous issues over the past three years: power steering whining noise, stabilitrak problems, sensor light problems, etc. Yesterday afternoon after stopping at a red light, when I proceeded to go, the car wouldn't move! It sounded like it was in neutral gear; it's like the transmission was slipping. I had to have it towed. I worried sick all night about whether whatever is wrong will be covered under the powertrain warranty, since my bumper-to-bumper warranty expired 5 months ago (at 36 months). Has anyone had this transmission problem?
Michelle

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

I had the same problem with the power steering problem. The service dept told me that it could not be fixed until GMC made a device to cover certain parts of the power steering from getting wet. He told me not to drive in rainy weather. Today I hit a puddle and lost all control. What do I need to do to get this fixed?
JoJo

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2010

I have a 2007 GMC Acadia that was in the shop in November for transmission problems. Fast forward to June and my car has been in the shop for almost a month now with transmission problems yet again!!! This time they are replacing the entire transmission. I am fighting to get out of my lease. Will never recommend this car to anyone!
Elsie Kay

Ashland, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

I have a 2008 Acadia and have had very few problems. Really like the vehicle, but, have just started having the same power steering problem other people have mentioned in this posting. I go through a puddle and the power steering goes out. The first time, I had a message on the dash saying "[auxilliary] battery charging system". If you can pull over and wait, it goes back to normal rather soon. But I'm not looking forward to my 3,000 mile round trip planned to start next weekend...pulling a utility trailer. I'm praying it doesn't rain the entire time.
Raebcan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

We have a 2010 Acadia and I am wondering if anyone else has noticed how it acts when letting off the gas between 20 and 40 miles per hour. It is not smooth like my F-150. It has surges like someone is down shifting with a stick. It is not a smooth ride.
diEHARDGM

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

Judged:

WHINNERS
Dave

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

What do you expect from Government Motors? 2010 Acadia with 4000 miles,front brakes locked up at the stop sign.I was lucky enough to make it the 1/2 mile to my house.They came and towed it away,will not give me a loaner.This is the third time it has been in the shop since it was purchased 3 months ago.I get a loaner from Acura when that car is in the shop.Mercedes comes and picks my convertible up and leaves me a loaner until the service is done and they return my car.Should have purchased a Toyota .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of364
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent GMC Discussions

Search the GMC Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Chevy S10/GMC S15-Sonoma: Problems & Solutions (Apr '06) Mon CRiderz 505
Blazer Electric Rear Hatch Will not Open (Sep '06) Mon James 50
....Plant..A..GARDEN.. Apr 10 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
2007 GMC Sierra ball joint failure (Dec '10) Apr 5 scott 9
GM Expands Recall to Fix Truck, SUV Brakes (Mar '06) Apr 1 Bill H 67
U.S. Factory Orders Rise for Second Month in Th... (Jun '09) Mar 26 Farra 10
Ram Truck Sales Pick up Speed, Could Catch GM i... Mar 24 Dodger 1
•••

Buy a New Car